Sign in to follow this  
BABY B

Concerned???????

I hope someone on here can answer my question and put my mind at rest???

I was listening to Radio Norfolk on the way to work today and was slightly concerned by the reporter mentioning that Gary Doherty could be a 2 for 1 deal - Target man (only for abuse so far reading posts from Spurs fans) and Central defender!!!!!!

I sincerely hope this is just bad reporting (A la Roy Squallor). If Doherty does sign today as a defender only!!!! Lets get behind him and think of him as an NCFC player not a Spuds defender who had a bad season!!!

Worthy please sign a striker (target man) like Ashton or Allback to confirm your status of king of shrewd signings, you would make us boys and girls very happy!!

I also think Svenny would walk out of the club if Doherty replaced him up front as competition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OTBC

I wouldn''t have thought Worthy would do this. He made it quite clear he was after two players- a central defender AND a target man. Presumably he''d want them in the same starting line up, which would be pretty clever for Doherty!! Maybe he''s faster than we think!!

Keep the faith

From today''s evening news... does this answer your concerns?

"I see him as a centre-half with the capability in the short term of playing up front," said Worthington.

"If the question is ''Does he fill both roles as a defender and a striker?'' then the answer is no.

"I find him first and foremost as a centre-half but he can do a job for us up front for a couple of games if needs be, for example through loss of form or injuries.

"He''s got Premiership experience, he''s an international, he''s at the lovely age of 24 and he wants to come to Norwich City, which is a big thing for me."

Meanwhile, Worthington''s search for a big target man continues apace with the transfer deadline looming on August 31.

faO Baby B, if it was bad reporting it''s come from Radio Norfolk and The EDP whose headline this Morning was "Worthy''s 2 for One deal".

It''s the Obvious tag-line if a player is capable of playing elswhere, especially when the manager''s stated he''d like to fill the Two positions the player can fill.

“Fret ye not Baby”

Like your good self when the dreaded text arrived yesterday there was indeed a cold shudder running down my spine as the prospect of the ‘Doc’ being our long awaited striking solution.

Whilst thoughts of Sutton were probably borne out of hope rather than anything else our Nige will provide, but I really to god hope the hell it isn’t Scowcroft. He’s a nice enough lad but you’ve only got to see how the morons on the WOTB have treated the bloke Hendrikus attempts to keep us all informed to realize that far to many of our fans wouldn’t give him a fair crack at it.

Jan Koller for me please, if we want a big old fashioned number 9 we might as well have the biggest nastiest one we can buy.

Yours truly,

RB

The Holy Knights of the Carrow, Kings Road, Bury St Edmunds Branch - famed for keeping the blue flag where the sun doesn’t get to very often

PS What the hell is the bloke talking about on Hong Kong fotty, couldn’t somebody from the Pink Un actually make that bloke make some sort of sense?

Fair comment!!!

I''m afarid I only here snippets of info from Radio Norfolk (which I must add being exiled in Binland Suffolk, the radio reception is very bad, Roy Squallor sounds like Sarah Cox!!!)

So i can''t comment on headlines from the EDP instead I have to drive past garage''s with EADT "East Anglian Daily Times" Headlines like "Blues Tipped For The Top" or " Town''s joy of De Dross" "Royle''s Head mistaken for a balloon!!" You get the picture.

Bring on the 20 goal a season target man, I think for what it''s worth it will be Marcus Allback, If Beattie goes to Villa.

OTBC

Its all well and good saying sign a striker and defender, but how much cash do you reckon worthys got left?

safri 500k
charlton 250k
ward 250k
jonson around 1,000,000??
doherty around 1,000,000???

We all speculated at the start of the summer worthy had bout 3 or 4 million at the most. Nearly all gone tho and also with free transfers and extra wages, signing o fees etc.

I doubt we''ll get an ashton or allback or whoever.

otbc