Sign in to follow this  
Lenny-boy

Doncaster on the radio today

anybody hear it?

the smugness and arrogance from Mr.  £180.000 p.a.

i thought I was gloomy before, now  I know for def. there is no money left for ANY new players this season.

so, has the money been wasted (8.5million i have heard)- (''Glenn, if you keep us up theres 10 million to spend'')

or is Doncaster a liar and 1.5 million is available to buy Lita and Iverson to save Norwich from relegation?

[quote user="Lenny-boy"]

or is Doncaster a liar and 1.5 million is available to buy Lita and Iverson to save Norwich from relegation?

[/quote]

i know what my monies on...

jas :)

[quote user="Lenny-boy"]

[/quote]

Of course it could be that the Iverson deal is already done for January and the money is therefore already treated as spent.....

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Lenny-boy"]

[/quote]

Of course it could be that the Iverson deal is already done for January and the money is therefore already treated as spent.....

[/quote]Words like clutching and straws spring to mind here.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Lenny-boy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Beausant I think you''ve just won the November "Golden Canary award" for optimism.Never had one myself but I understand the £5 voucher for Yellows must be used against a meal for 12 or more and is not redeemable for drinks.

[quote user="Roedy Cant Fail"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Lennyboy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Beausant I think you''ve just won the November "Golden Canary award" for optimism.

Never had one myself but I understand the £5 voucher for Yellows must be used against a meal for 12 or more and is not redeemable for drinks.
[/quote]

LOL! Well, we all have to have something to believe in!

I don''t think it''s so outrageous to suggest that that we have budgeted for some expenditure in the January window.

To be honest, i''d be pretty peed off if we hadn''t.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Lenny-boy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Words like clutching and straws spring to mind here.[/quote]We can''t afford straws Wiz!

[quote user="Lenny-boy"]

anybody hear it?

i thought I was gloomy before, now  I know for def. there is no money left for ANY new players this season.

so, has the money been wasted (8.5million i have heard)- (''Glenn, if you keep us up theres 10 million to spend'')

[/quote]

Before you start bandying words like "liar" about could you please verify that quote I have highlighted from your post as I have not heard that before?

Lenny-boy wrote the following post at 05/11/2008 3:17 PM:

anybody hear it?

I also heard the interview and thought how smug he was but one other thought crossed my mind the way Doncaster spoke there was no implication of any takeover. He also said it would be sometime before we owned our own team again which seems that there will be no money coming in. As a Chief Executive he certainly has helped stuff this club.

Yes i dont think there is any chance whatsoever of any takeover news next Tuesday , what sort of mess has Smith got us into when we have to beg a fan to pay a months wages for a Championship loanee .

The Chief Exec has my utmost sympathy....Having to do 3 jobs just to make ends meet.....CE, FA Teaboy and Private 1st Class in the Eventguard Battalion.

All for the minimum wage....

[quote user="Dictator Smith"]Yes i dont think there is any chance whatsoever of any takeover news next Tuesday , what sort of mess has Smith got us into when we have to beg a fan to pay a months wages for a Championship loanee .
[/quote]

It''s a sad and sorry state of affairs that''s for sure. [:(]

Exactly my point aside from "the any idiot can have this club" remark not once have I heard Delia Smith confirm it is her intention to sell.  Not once.  Such remarks have only come from Doncaster & Munby

I think we are just going to have to face the fact that the club wont seel, there are no investors, we will struggle again this season, we may once again be in a relegation battle, also we will lose the loans when they return to their parent clubs, and we may be supporting a threadbare squad.

If they don''t show any ambition then they certainly won''t be getting two ST renewals.

If you were the CEO of NCFC bearing in mind the financial reality of running a football club, the business has been publicly put up for sale but there has been no sensible offers to buy the shareholders out what would you say and what would you do. I''ve heard the criticism but I have not heard the proposed solution.

[quote user="T"]If you were the CEO of NCFC bearing in mind the financial reality of running a football club, the business has been publicly put up for sale but there has been no sensible offers to buy the shareholders out what would you say and what would you do. I''ve heard the criticism but I have not heard the proposed solution.[/quote]

Er with all due respect I thought that was their job, I''m not employed by the club to do their thinking for them [:S]

[quote user="T"]If you were the CEO of NCFC bearing in mind the financial reality of running a football club, the business has been publicly put up for sale but there has been no sensible offers to buy the shareholders out what would you say and what would you do. I''ve heard the criticism but I have not heard the proposed solution.[/quote]

We have to remeber also that the Mr Doncaster graduated with a law degree, not a finance degree. So perhaps a person with a stronger finacial background should be put in charge?

A very good point Chunky.

Slightly off at a tangent but i have never been sure just what Doomy''s remit really is or should be.

One thing he shouldn''t be doing is mouthing off to the media, or negotiating potential player deals. Both should be Roger Munby''s duties albeit with Doomy in the background.

Whilst you cannot compare 100% running a football club with running a business, I wouldn''t allow my accountant or lawyer anywhere near PR or deal making.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]**Sell ** not seel [:|][/quote]Delia "seeling the Club"? An unfortunate Spoonerism indeed. Your usage of the words seel and club briefly conjured up a rather unfortunate image which I''m sure Freud would have had a field day analysing. Does anyone know if Delia has any Eskimo ancestors?

Perhaps a person with a stonger financial/commercial background would help although nearly all football clubs are financial dogs so I don''t think you could ever make it a viable business and most commercial businessmen would not go anywhere near it unless you have already made your money elsewhere especially for the money that the club are paying which is not much for a CEO or a lawyer. I suspect his legal knowledge is useful for contract negotiations and you would need a lawyer/agent involvde if you replaced him. I don''t think he is a natural PR person, he is a lawyer and he tends to tell it how it is. People say they hate spin but then complain when they hear facts that they don''t want to know so I would probably looking at freshing up the PR part of the business. PC for one is much better at using the media - it seems you can fool most of the most of the time.

I definately would not allow accountants and lawyers near PR unless they are working to a script but would very definately let them look at doing the deals because that is what high end accountants and lawyers do for a living and therefore ND is well qualified for dealing with the details of deal negotiations.

Roedy Can''t Fail

If I had written Seal then you would be correct lol

Middle English selen, alteration of silen, from Middle French siller, from Medieval Latin ciliare, from Latin cilium eyelid
1 : to close the eyes of (as a hawk) by drawing threads through the eyelids
2 archaic : to close up (one''s eyes)

Just had a listen to the Doncaster interview, yet again he does not answer questions fully, he is not then persued to give a full answer to the questions and move on to the next one, wish Radio Norfolk would get their act together with a proper question answer session with him, most pre match chats with him go the same way with the same old spin bla bla, think its time that Radio Norfolk did some hard interviewing on the fans behalf for a change -   and get our points over starting with this Saturday pre match, time to give them a wake up imop.     norfolk@bbc.co.uk

Come on, get real - Radio Snorfolk won''t get tough with anyone from NCFC. Have you heard Boreham''s questionning of Roeder after each game? Too much to lose if they get at all Paxmanesque. People at NCFC have friends in high places.