Sign in to follow this  
Soldier on

NCISA your time has come STAND UP AND BE COUNTED

enough is enough we need NCISA to be a voice for the fans.  Enough is enough this club is rotten.  Delia/Wynn Jones/Doncaster must go.  We are being cheated week after week.  I care passionately about this club and quite frankly I have had enough of sitting idle and watching things get worse and worse.

Its about time that NCISA acted on behalf of the fans.  Surely this should be done prior to annual general meeting rather than after. 

The difference nowdays is that the club realised the old saying about keeping your enemies close was true and have spent the last few years feeding them prawn sandwiches and cups of tea. Hence the we''ll look into it AFTER the AGM stance they have adopted.[;)][:)]

After the AGM and the usual suspects are voted back onto the board.  The stance taken will be, only a minority are wanting whole sale changes at the top. 

[quote user="Soldier on"]

enough is enough we need NCISA to be a voice for the fans.  Enough is enough this club is rotten.  Delia/Wynn Jones/Doncaster must go.  We are being cheated week after week.  I care passionately about this club and quite frankly I have had enough of sitting idle and watching things get worse and worse.

Its about time that NCISA acted on behalf of the fans.  Surely this should be done prior to annual general meeting rather than after. 

[/quote]

Isn''t that suggestion a bit daring?[:|]

[quote user="Soldier on"]

[/quote]

Isn''t that suggestion a bit daring?[:|]

[quote user="Thirst Wizard"]After the AGM and the usual suspects are voted back onto the board.  The stance taken will be, only a minority are wanting whole sale changes at the top. 
[/quote]

Doomcasters up for re-election this year.. i voted "no" I urge others to do the same! make the point to the board....

jas :)

I''ve added my suggestion to the other NCISA thread but just so the committee members who visit this site see it,here it is again

NCISA,

Just a constructive suggestion.

Would this not be a good time for your committee to stand outside the ground before the next home game, ask for people''s views and at the same time recruit hundreds of new members to at least double your membership and give you and us a bigger voice.

If the majority of fans you talk aren''t happy and want to see drastic changes then you can make a name for yourselves by leading us to battle.

CA

The way I see it nCIsA were originally "the Chase Out Association". Driven by a common belief that "The Fat Controller" was totally responsible for the fans disappointment at the clubs fall from grace and continued poor results and should be driven from the club. After they helped achieve that goal they became an official supporters association, much closer to the club, and are no longer the revolutionaries of old. This is not a criticism of people who I personally have a lot of time for just an observation from my perspective.

The "Worthy Out " were a new protest group driven by a common belief that Worthy was totally responsible for the fans disappointment at the clubs fall from grace and continued poor results and he should be driven from the club. They then disbanded feeling they had done all that was neccessary.

So I''m afraid the fans who feel that the board are now totally responsible for their disappointment at the clubs current malaise should look back on how those two groups achieved their goals and find the motivation to follow suit instead of trying to stir others to fight on their behalf.

A word of warning though - Chase Out eventually spawned the current board and Worthy Out spawned Grant and Roeder.

It seems to me CA that the majority of fans do not want change. They have invested in a season ticket and they want their Saturday afternoon jollies, their doom and gloom and their occasional hurrahs. Suits me and 24,000 others. Who are you and NCISA to spoil everything?

[quote user="cityangel"]

I''ve added my suggestion to the other NCISA thread but just so the committee members who visit this site see it,here it is again

NCISA,

Just a constructive suggestion.

Would this not be a good time for your committee to stand outside the ground before the next home game, ask for people''s views and at the same time recruit hundreds of new members to at least double your membership and give you and us a bigger voice.

If the majority of fans you talk aren''t happy and want to see drastic changes then you can make a name for yourselves by leading us to battle.

CA

[/quote]Assuming they can talk, with a mouthful of prawn sandwich...

[quote user="Bobert"]

It seems to me CA that the majority of fans do not want change. They have invested in a season ticket and they want their Saturday afternoon jollies, their doom and gloom and their occasional hurrahs. Suits me and 24,000 others. Who are you and NCISA to spoil everything?

[/quote]

Do you honestly believe that 24,000 fans are happy with the club and don''t want change, if so you''re living in cuckoo land.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

instead of trying to stir others to fight on their behalf.

[/quote]

I don''t think its so much stirring others to fight for us Nutty, I''m sure there''s plenty of us who will join the fight to make our club the club that it was, we just need some leadership for our fight and NCISA is in my opinion our best bet. They have several hundred members who they represent, most of the fans know or have heard of them, they have access to the media and more importantly access to the board.

Nutty, once again!! NCISA were indeed set up to rid the club of Chase. They were the focus for fans to speak, this in the days before widespread use of the internet and mobile phones. Roy Blower was always issuing statements to the press. Yes, eventually Chase did go and NCISA led a boycotting campaign and several meetings (for members and non members) to attend. I was one of a few who stood outside the ground on match days; usually attracting abuse from those who wanted the status quo, similarly some of us collected signatures for a petition, once again often withstanding abuse from pro Chase supporters.

Once the new board was in place NCISA did of course appear to become more club friendly, with their meetings now held at Carrow Road and several committee members served on the SCG. They sponsor the Assistant Manager and have done for many years.

Like anything else though Nutty, NCISA, I suspect reflect the broader supporter base, there are some who are pro and some who are anti what''s going on at NCFC at the moment, and for the past decade or so.

Personally I think the organisation as a whole is too cosy with the club, however several of their members and committee members are very much anti board. I hope though, the committee take time to reflect one very relevant letter in their title, that of ''I'' for independent. That being so, they should stand up and address their members'' concerns. As Mr Tilson has told us, though, on the other NCISA related thread, the membership hold differing views. To this end I have asked them to issue a statement - preferably to the Board at the AGM, detailing NCISA member concerns. I fully accept that I am only one member and there are those who hold different views, but I suspect I am not in the minority.

Worthy Out were different, a group of supporters who arranged protests to get rid of a manager. That happened and they disappeared. I don''t doubt some of them are involved with other supporter groups.

How did both groups achieve their goals? Basically by protesting, some campaigning in the local press (which in itself is not easy) and identifying their concerns with the Board in the hope of change. Boycotting at the time of Chase was of course a more feasible option than it is today. Protests, organised or not are likely to happen should the next few home games follow Saturday''s efforts and result. Will it change anything?

Getting rid of an entire board of course requires some replacements, and if the current Board can suggest they are working on bringing in investment then this in itself may quell much unrest. The main trouble as I see it Nutty is that we are not a together club anymore and the Board have a lot of work to do convincing us they have not only got the means to solve problems (fresh investment) and will keep supporters informed of such progress.

Things take time Nutty and we need someone on the Board with the relevant business brain to sustain the club in the current and likely future climate. Sadly the current board have squandered and mismanaged the money we have seen at this club which not only makes them responsible for our current position, but also responsible for getting us on an even keel again.

Sadly I think the current feeling is not only of frustration but is growing into something a bit uglier.

Your final statement is as a result of hindsight, nevertheless it''s true. However what if Chase had stayed and there had been no Geoffery Watling? What if the Board have given Worthy a sustainable budget for the Premiership campaign?

It''s a bitter pill to swallow sure, and now we have long standing fans making decisions not to go to any more away games and not renewing tickets next year.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Bobert"]

[/quote]

Do you honestly believe that 24,000 fans are happy with the club and don''t want change, if so you''re living in cuckoo land.

[/quote]

The reason we always sell out on season tickets and almost everybody renews is that nobody wants to miss a season/games. I have to miss around one a season due to a holiday, and even though I''m on holiday - I''m still gutted I can''t go.

Nevertheless, just because I always renew and always want to go does not mean I don''t want change. I desperately want everything about our club to change. From the board, to the manager, to the squad, the the fact our ''fitness coach'' makes us look like a laughing stock. But that would not stop me coming because I wouldn''t want to miss out on what has become routine ...

Gazza...

A very well written post as always putting me to shame[Y]

But surely it''s much the same as wot I just writ in mine?

As far as what nCIsA should be doing now... didn''t Tilly say they had decided at a meeting to see what transpired at the AGM?

Ooh heck should I really be the first NCISA committee member to stick his head up on this thread? 

OK this is entirely personal as I have had no contact from any other committee members although a couple of NCISA members have rung me already today.  Yes I freely admit to being very anti-board and have never had a free crisp from the club let alone a prawn.  Every beer and pie paid for thanks, so quite independent thank you.

The trouble with protests and the like is that they galvanise opinion very quickly as those of us who have been through previous ones can vouch.  You will be abused, spat at and if too close to the heart of things up against the weight of the law, so it is and always will be a careful path for anyone to tread.  It is just as easy for it to be counter productive as to achieve anything.

As said above and in other threads NCISA represents all fans and those who take the trouble to join.  If it is dominated by advocates of the status quo then that is the fault of those who want change not joining in enough force to change the balance.

There are a lot of anti-board people out there but how many do we really know.  It needs wider counselling to be sure and as Smudger often tells me one good result and the pendulum soon swings back.

I have spoken to many people on here and even amongst Pink Un posters there are a lot who feel that we need to let Delia have her chance first.  There are rumours of deals already done, or moves already made.  Clearly no statementwill be made before the AGM so what does NCISA do spend all its money on something to find in a few weeks it is all irrelevant?

So yes Cam it would be daring to act before the AGM.  Whether the committe was right or wrong in that decision hindsight will tell us, but failing Malaysian syndicates finances we cannot effect results and so NCISA has decided to wait. 

Rest assured that if things carry on after the AGM as they are now, I will be protesting either with NCISA or without them.

So once again this is personal, but hopefully does show that the NCISA position is through consideration not apathy.

Thanks Face for putting your personal opinion across.

CA has made a very valid suggestion in that the committee stand outside the ground to seek opinion of supporters in general and maybe suggest a few more join the organisation. Is this a feasible suggestion and one the committee would consider doing? I would have thought that membership numbers would rise considerably.

My own personal opinion is that many people I know who are not members think NCISA can neither change anything ultimately, or for the moment don''t represent them as their image of NCISA is it is too cosy within the club and therefore won''t say a word against it.

Face, one thing I would like an answer to. Just how many members could be canvassed for opinion by email (therefore without dipping into Association funds too much)? Are you saying that the cost of asking people is delaying this action or that you think a general statement at the AGM is likely to appease supporters?

As NCISA only has 400 members surely canvassing their opinion should be pretty easy.

Even if you posted a letter to every member you are talking about £100 or so.

That''s a point more for Kathy, jetstream but the issue was as much one of time to organise.  In addition you have to accept that the AGM may well change opinions again so when do you do it and how often?

The fact is that NCISA is not an organisation that seeks to hold funds, as monies raised are given to the Club (through youth projects, sponsorship of the Assistant Manager etc).

NCISA do consistently ask people to contact them, as people have done,and there are views on both sides.

We could have rushed out a letter, but to be honest having come across a number of NCISA members, I have to say that the response would probably not be as clear cut as some people may feel.

I just tried to say what I personally felt in the above post, and say again I do not speak for NCISA.

Gazza,  the email question is tricky, as presumably more people have emails than we are aware of.

It is on the membership form, but a lot of long serving members have probably not changed their details.  I think it is safe to say that recent events have clarified that we do need to try and make sure that we do have up to date email addresses for as many as possible.

As for stamding outside the ground, I do feel that we should publicise pubs we are in before the game for instance so that we can be approached, in addition to drawing attention to where we sit (on the website for each committee member with a photo).

To be fair a lot of people do approach us on matchdays and give us their views (including Smudger at the last game to John, Kathy and me!)

Thanks Face/David for being honest enough to tell us where you stand with the current situation at the club. As for your comment that if nothing changes after the AGM that you will be protesting with or without NCISA you''ll be pleased to know that you won''t be on our own.

I also agree that you need to update all the details of your members so that they are easily contacted plus you need to have regular meetings with them, otherwise how can you represent their views?

Also publicising a pub where your committee members can be approached before the game is another good idea and will also help with a recruitment drive .

I look forward to hearing the personal views of the rest of your committee members who I presume are all registered, on this the main Norwich City site.

City Angel i am sure that you will take what i am now going to say in the wrong way.I want to take issue with your last post with regard to the NCISA committee members posting their personal opinions on  the current situation at Carrow Road.Having sat on the committee yourself during the last year albeit only for a few months you are aware of the individuals who make up it''s current format.In fact you were present when the current committee were elected.Only four members are registered on this website so six are not.Peoples personal opinions are exactly that and if they wish to publish them for the world and its auntie to read it is entirely a matter for them.I am amazed that you seem to think that The Pink Un messageboard is the place for NCISA to conduct its business.

On the two threads covering the current situation bearing the name NCISA within it you have posted a total of THIRTEEN times.

Now have i missed something but where have you given your take on finance,Delia,Glenn Roeder etc.Several people have constructed well thought posts including your friend Jane to name but one.

Have you emailed NCISA as one of its members giving us an overview on your opinions.The answer is NO.

Why have you adopted this crusade of yours to keep telling NCISA what to do ?When you were part of the committee you had your chance to influence policy and did not take the opportunity but now you pop up on here at every turn.Have the fortunes of our club changed that much since you were part of the committee.No i think not in all honesty.

The NCISA committee are elected to make democratic decisions and those decisions if deemed necessary are released via a press statement.You may well not agree with those decisions but it is within your power as a member to put it right at the next NCISA AGM.I do not necessarily agree with what some of my committee members make of the current set up at Carrow Road but although i am Chairman i have one vote and if out voted it is called democracy.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Now have i missed something but where have you given your take on finance,Delia,Glenn Roeder etc.Several people have constructed well thought posts including your friend Jane to name but one.

Have you emailed NCISA as one of its members giving us an overview on your opinions.The answer is NO.

[/quote]Are you open to emails from supporters generally, or do we need to be in the NCISA club?

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Bobert"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well make that 23,990, as ten of us who I have spoken to personally will not be renewing next season, and I am sure we aren''t alone.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

Are you open to emails from supporters generally, or do we need to be in the NCISA club?

[/quote]

We would love to hear from you Mister Chops.