Sign in to follow this  
David Olausson

Man Utd - Norwich

Norwich cannot fear United, they have just gotta go out and give it everything theyv got. I was watching Man U on match of the day, and i have to say that they don`t look as deadly as they used to be. This may have just been because they were playing Chelsea but i think they may "just" be beatable. My predictions though are that it will be something like 3-1 to Man U. And if the slight chance of beating them occurs it will be 1-0 to Norwich. IMO

There is a possibility that Saha may make a shock return on Saturday, apparently. That may have a bearing on any predictions. Sorry - I don''t make any...predictions that is!

As long as its less than the 9 the scummers lost by, then, its a total success!. To be serious, and I don''t do predictions, a 4-1 defeat seems likely, but who cares?.

Lets just enjoy supporting the best, happy and united club in the world.

1stW, I guessed 3-1 as my Prediction League entry for this match. I won''t say who to... Do you reckon we''ll pile everyone back and get the draw? Is it true Worthie''s never done that, and if so is it because he never will or because he''s never ''needed'' to before?

Not at all worried about saturday, don`t ask me why but i`ve got a feeling we`re going to sneek a 0-1 win.
But i still think we`re going down.....

I hope we would''nt pile everyone back GenerationA47. That would be a disaster, yes?. It would only invite them even more to attack, which they will be hell bent on enough, without City encouraging them to do so!.

I believe our best hope is to play our normal game. If we get murdered, so be it. As long as they work hard and try their best (which they will) thats all we can ever ask of them.

And then of course, there''s always the chance of a mighty big miracle, they still happen, now and again you know.

Failing that, we could just try shouting HEEELLPPPP!.

ill stick to what iv always said, Norwich have nothing to lose so they may aswel go at United with everything theyve got, the Fans should sing the roof off and the defence have just gotta have no fear from the United strikers. Bring it on I say.

I think that it was a pity Man U got Chelsea first game and ended up losing as I think this will make our task even that more impossible. Cant ever remember when Man U lost two games on the trot especially when the second game was at home against a newly promoted club. Would love it if we could pull it off but being absolutely realistic cant see City coming away with anything on Sat.

Aren''t they playing the second leg of their Champions League qualifier on the following Wednesday? The return leg may look a bit of a stroll for them, but surely it''d be worth a rested Keane or Giggs, non?

Away to Man Utd, hmmmm;

Man Utd are
1) Looking for their opening win of the season
2) Chasing a league title against defending champions that went unbeaten last year
3) Smarting from home defeats to Wolves & Fulham last year
4) A great team (titles galore, blah, blah)
5) Norwich haters (see Ferguson & Keane autobiographies)
IMHO they will never be more up for a game against the likes of Norwich.

But in our favour;
1) Majority of 1st team are out for one reason or another and their forward line-up is as weak as it will ever be.
2) The desperation of ManU to win, at home, puts the onus 100% on them to get the result. They have to avoid the Wolves/Fulham scenario of last season AND the prospect of two straight defeats ;-) [or 1pt from opening 2 games].

IMHO 2) is in our favour, because visiting teams seem to appreciate that ManU will just attack. The crowd demand entertaining, attacking football and a result. If we can frustrate them a la Fulham/Wolves [which should be easier without Sherpa Van Nistelrooy around] I think we stand a chance. With our pace on the counter-attack and a ManU defence without understanding yet.... well, football is a funny old game.

Put it this way, I have money on us to win (just result, not the score) because the odds are so "good", but have a sneaking suspicion our day may come when we play Arsenal. By then they will have broken Forests'' unbeaten league run and it seems to me to be just the sort of banana skin fixture they might slip up on. Now where were my pills....

HEEELLPPPP!

Seriously, I don''t really think we''re all that likely to nick it, but despite the bad image of negative football it has worked for some ''minnows'' away to the ''giants''. Hasn''t this been to good effect by some clubs in the past, i.e. turning an expected mauling into a draw? I''m not advocating it per se mind you.