Sign in to follow this  
Bring-on-Flecky

Ever had to sit in the wrong end?

Has anybody had to sit in the wrong end and watch a game? One of my colleagues at work who supports Spurs (Who?) is going to Arsenal tonight and sit in the Clock End to support Fenerbahce!! Brave man. I have to admit that I couldn''t get into the away end at Portaloo Road once and had to sit on my hands with the scum  for the derby. Ipswsh*t had a penalty in the last few minutes of the game to win it and they missed. We went up the other end and scored the winner and I leapt out of my chair in celebration and then had to feign disappointment. Not nice being bated my your own fans though. I also once walked into the wrong home end at Southampton with my Norwich replica shirt and scarf. The marshalls spotted me and I was walked round the pitch to the away end.

[quote user="jay kay"]yh, got into a fight at gillingham when we beat them 2-1 in a midweek game.
they started on me cos i celebrated. i got away with cuts and brusises, the other guy didnt!
[/quote]

Was that the match when Crouch scored the winner? Funnily enough I was in the home end for that one as well.

Funny you posted about this actually, i should be sitting amongst the wednesday fans in a few weeks time for our match against them. reckon i will struggle to contain myself IF we score (a big if! lol)

One of my good mates is a Saddlers fan and I sat with him for the game against Norwich when we thumped them (promotion season) I even wore my norwich scarf....but then in a dog collar no-one touches you! I had a lot of flack though and got told off by the stewards. Silly as in rugby games we all sit together and then get drunk together and there is never trouble at all....if only football could be the same

Thankfully only done it once.  When we drew Chelsea away in the cup last time, I was positive I was not going to go, having not missed a game all season, I needed a weekend off. 

On the Friday I got a call from one of our suppliers at work saying that they had a free ticket and would pay for drinks etc, so I thought why not.  Thinking it would be a box I met them near the ground in some wine bar and had a few drinks.  Turned out the seats were in the West Stand.  No trouble though, most fans around me were entertaining of tourists photographing everything that moved.  I think most were pleased to meet a Norwich fan!  A wierd experiance that I am sure would not have happened 10 years prior!

England v Germany Euro 96 Semi Final at Wembley, sat in the German end with my England gear on, didn''t know what to say when they asked me what the England fans were doing when they were doing their dambuster tune!!!!

Sat in the away end of Sixfields once with the PNE fans ( I worked with lad from Preston ) when Ali Gibb (on loan to the Cobblers at the time) scored from a cracking free kick - I did the half-jump up thing and bit my lip.....

Growing up in London and with a Dad who had to sit down at grounds meant we generally sat in the home stands (obviously in the days when tickets were easier to get!) We didn''t get in too much trouble although I do remember being verbally abused by an Arsenal fan once.

I think the best 2 for me though were in the Sunderland end for the Milk cup final in 1985 and in the Leeds director''s box when we stuffed them 4-0.

Gaggers, I would have loved to have been in the Directors'' box that day. Talk us through your experience. Including all the goals. What a magic day it was.

when i was 18 i went to see norwich at stoke, i met a mate from college who was a stoke fan. me him and another mate ( norwich fan ) sat ona grass bank near the brittania and had a can of carling each after the one can my college mate went to the stoke end and me and my other mate to the away end. but when we got to the norwich end turnstile the steward pulled me to one side and asked me for I.D i asked why and he said that i was drinking alcohol on scfc premises and if we couldnt prove our age we wernt going in, so he wanted ID as prove of age! the problem was that my mate was only 17! so despite us pleading with him he converscated his ticket and then mine for buying an under 18 a can of carling ( this is honestly not a joke ) so after a four hour coach journey and 1 can of carling we were stood outside the away end with no bloody tickets! but then get this, another steward said why dont we go and get a ticket for the home end and that he wouldnt say anything! so with shirts under jumpers we purchased two tickets in the boothan end, which was an experiance! the game finished 1-1, drury scored if i recall, i didnt dare celebrate, and had to stand up and clap stokes equaliser which was painfull.

i sat in one of the ipswich home ends once when we lost 5-0 and about 4 of there goals were offside. could say anything due to scummers all around me

Against Reading at Elm Park in the 1995/96 season, I couldn''t get in the away end so had to go in the Tilehurst Road Stand with a mate. To make matters worse we beat them 3-1 (I think), the only amusing thing was the Reading fans singing a load of abuse about Robert Chase and wondering why they weren''t getting the desired response!!! Was an experience but not one I would want to repeat in a hurry.

Against Plymouth this season, was hard not to cheer when we scored. And against southampton away in the prem season.

[quote user="Delias Well Behaved Devonshire Dirtbox"]Wolves away, every year as i still go with my mates from when i lived in the area. Also drink in the Wanderer before the game which can be a bit risky with my Norwich shirt on[/quote]

have you met lard lad we8 then?[:O]

When I was a young lad, we were playing Liverpool at Carrow Road. My mates Dad asked if we fancied going & got some tickets.

I turned up in my City gear, only to be led to the away end. Was advised to put a coat on to cover up my colours. Liverpool scored, & after everything calmed down, the Barclay started up a chorus of "He was only a poor little Scouser . . . . ." Foolishly, I thought I would join in, but suddenly realised mid song what the final lines were. I went ahead & sung the complete song anyway, sat down & felt a couple of thousand pairs of Scouse eyes staring at me. We lost 1-0, & surprisingly I didn''t really enjoy the rest of the game cos I was too worried about still having my gonads intact when I left the ground.

Yeah i did at shouthampton, not sure what the stand was called, but it was in a corner, at one of the ends, lol, the game in he premiership that we lost 4-3.

It was really good game, and was quite strange not being aloud to celebrate are 3 goals :(

Imagine sitting in the very front row of the Southampton supporters on the afternoon we were on the wrong end of a 4-3 scoreline!!

I asked a non-footballing "friend" who had moved to Hampshire to get me tickets and assumed (OK, my fault) that they would be with our supporters. When we took up our seats I was horrified. I had my 12 year old daughter and my friend had his two twelve year old girls as well. To our left were the City fans who were abusing us with great gusto. Imagine our reaction when City scored within the first five minutes. Whoops! We managed to contain our delight and even had to stand and politely applaud when The Saints scored each of their four. By the end of the game even the more brainless elements amongst the home fans were coming to realise that most of the front row right behind the goal was taken up by people who were, shall we say, less than enthusiastic and this monumental Saints victory, a win which I believe saw them safe and left us deep in trouble. Luckily the final whistle blew before the penny made it all the way to the bottom with the knuckle-draggers and we escaped with our lives to a chorus of abuse from our fellow City fans - thanks guys!

Never again will I set foot in the huge modern toilet that is St Mary''s, although I suspect that they get so few people in there these days that they would be only too pleased to see us and let us sit wherever we wanted.

I once had to sit with the ipswich supports at Carrow Road.  If my memory serves me correctly it was the FA Cup match in the 1982-83 season.  I think that John Wark put over the bar from about a yard out and I had to feign disappointment whilst secretly cheering.  But as I wasn''t very old it may have even been somehow the other way round.

I have also sat in with the Forest supporters a couple of times just before the promotion season as my wife''s cousin had a season ticket there that he donated to me for the matches

[quote user="Bring-on-Flecky"]

Has anybody had to sit in the wrong end and watch a game? One of my colleagues at work who supports Spurs (Who?) is going to Arsenal tonight and sit in the Clock End to support Fenerbahce!! Brave man. I have to admit that I couldn''t get into the away end at Portaloo Road once and had to sit on my hands with the scum  for the derby. Ipswsh*t had a penalty in the last few minutes of the game to win it and they missed. We went up the other end and scored the winner and I leapt out of my chair in celebration and then had to feign disappointment. Not nice being bated my your own fans though. I also once walked into the wrong home end at Southampton with my Norwich replica shirt and scarf. The marshalls spotted me and I was walked round the pitch to the away end.

[/quote]

do they have a clock end at the emirates?

infact reading your post again... Have you been Drinking?

I cant remember the scummers missing a last minute penalty against us and us winning... they did score a rebounded one in a a 1-1 draw....and "Marshalls"??? he''s the dodgy chap who plays in goal.. not the gun toting wild West sherrif who appeard to lead you to safety at St Marys.

jas :)

[quote user="C T"]

[quote user="Delias Well Behaved Devonshire Dirtbox"]Wolves away, every year as i still go with my mates from when i lived in the area. Also drink in the Wanderer before the game which can be a bit risky with my Norwich shirt on[/quote]

have you met lard lad we8 then?[:O]

[/quote]

Not that i know of, i''t would be quite hard to spot him anyway as most midlanders are fat and ugly

I once ended up watching Milwall v Norwich in with the home fans at the old den when a customer offered to take me to the game. seem to recall we won 1-0 (Mark Bowen) scary place. I didnt cheer when we scored

Millwall away???????? PAH

1972-1973 season? League Cup semi-final 1st leg away at Chelsea.

16 at time, My dad''s social club got tickets and a coach for match, was lucky to be invited along.We all ended up standing at the front of the Shed End in total silence[:#] as City won 2-1 or 3-1, ( not quite sure after all this time).

Remember not seeing any City fans but could hear ''ON THE BALL CITY'' coming from the West Stand.

After the game we all watched as a group of Chesea fans ( using the term fan very loosely there) running down a side street, with long bamboo sticks, smashing every car window in sight. Plod just stood and watched, can''t say I blame them..

Was suppose to be sitting with the Burnley fans last weekend (mate is a burnley fan) but he was on holiday in isle of man and missed his ferry so i sat on my own in the city end, prob as weird a feeling as sitting with the home fans for me!

Remember sitting wih the leeds fans a couple of years ago, we had mad the long drive from Castleford (about 12 miles from Leeds) got there to find there were no pay on the gate facility for norwich fans. Luckily our broad yorkshire accents got us a home ticket, had to make to with the scrotes around us