Sign in to follow this  
Just what the Doc ordered

Forget about Hucks

I am a long time reader of this website and generally speaking find it quite interesting.. However, i find this whole huckerby saga strange. Not for one minute am i saying he wasn''t a good player, probably the best i have ever seen in a yellow and green shirt, but all this willingness to have him back seems bizarre after the last two seasons he was here he produced next to nothing performance wise, and was even slated on here by many saying he was past it and was a luxury player offering no protection for the left back etc.. just because he has scored a few in a pi$$ poor MLS he is not suddenly the best thing since sliced bread again.

I dont understand mindset of some fans, in my opinion hucks would not give us anything extra other than possibly a feel good factor back into carrow road which could be worth that in itself.. but otherwise i cant see what he would offer, we would be left even more open on the left flank which isnt good for a side conceding atleast two goals a game. and has lost the pace and acceleraion he once had. What if he came back and flopped, would we forget all the good memories of him and get on his back just like we did with Worthy? when now it seems we cant find a manager that will get us above 12th position in the table. In my opinion we need an attacking midfield player with the talents similar to the ones possessed by a certain francis, to make us competitive.

MARSHALL----------

SEMI---------KENNEDY----------STEFANOVIC-----------BERTRAND

CROFT--------CLINGAN----------NEW CM***-----------HOOLAHAN

--------------------LITA---------------SIBIERSKI

looks a good side on paper and should offer a good balance. I ask you just to consider my thoughts altough i am not expecting masses of replys as early posters seem to go un noticed. however if it is written by wiz, jas the barcley man, city angel to name a few, it gets replys but i will put my violin away now lol, just let me no what your views are to hucks and the team.

Hucks was a top player but the time was right for him to go - he was becoming bigger than the club. People need to realise that and get over him.

Yes, Hucks was a great player for us, but after his hip injury he was not the same player. What I would like to know is IF we were doing well and up in the play off positions, would everyone be saying that GR was right to let him go?

[quote user="BGG YPOS"]Yes, Hucks was a great player for us, but after his hip injury he was not the same player. What I would like to know is IF we were doing well and up in the play off positions, would everyone be saying that GR was right to let him go?[/quote]Even now, he''s light years ahead of the crap we''ve got![:|]

[quote user="canaries_07"]

I am a long time reader of this website and generally speaking find it quite interesting.. However, i find this whole huckerby saga strange. Not for one minute am i saying he wasn''t a good player, probably the best i have ever seen in a yellow and green shirt, but all this willingness to have him back seems bizarre after the last two seasons he was here he produced next to nothing performance wise, and was even slated on here by many saying he was past it and was a luxury player offering no protection for the left back etc.. just because he has scored a few in a pi$$ poor MLS he is not suddenly the best thing since sliced bread again.

I dont understand mindset of some fans, in my opinion hucks would not give us anything extra other than possibly a feel good factor back into carrow road which could be worth that in itself.. but otherwise i cant see what he would offer, we would be left even more open on the left flank which isnt good for a side conceding atleast two goals a game. and has lost the pace and acceleraion he once had. What if he came back and flopped, would we forget all the good memories of him and get on his back just like we did with Worthy? when now it seems we cant find a manager that will get us above 12th position in the table. In my opinion we need an attacking midfield player with the talents similar to the ones possessed by a certain francis, to make us competitive.

MARSHALL----------

looks a good side on paper and should offer a good balance. I ask you just to consider my thoughts altough i am not expecting masses of replys as early posters seem to go un noticed. however if it is written by wiz, jas the barcley man, city angel to name a few, it gets replys but i will put my violin away now lol, just let me no what your views are to hucks and the team.

[/quote]

Totally agree.Hucks was a great player in terminal decline, and the time was right, and I have been banging on about the need for a midfielder to go alongside Sammy for ages as Fozzy,Rusty and Patty are not good enough. However,I would go for Bell over Hoolahan.

Although I agree with your statement that Huckerby did not deliver in the last few seasons, he still possessed far more threat than any player currently at the club. I still think he would have had a valuable part to play as part of a squad, because he would scare opposition defenders. there are so few players in the division who can run at defenders. Any side in the championship would benefit from Darren Huckerby. Im sure if he was to come back here, he would at least offer the option we do not have at present. I just wish that GR would bite the bullett and try to get him here on load for the next couple of months. What is the point in having someone of his ability sitting in the stands, when Im sure he would be more than willing to help us out!!

I also agree with your starting line up. A quality attacking midfielder has been missing from our side since Damien Francis left. We have too many run of the mill midfielders, who quite frankly are not going to get us anywhere. It says it all when you can say that it doesnt really matter which one plays alongside Clingan in the middle, as none of them offer anymore than the other.

Another glaringly obvious problem as far as I am concerned is that we have now gone another season without signing an out and out left winger!!?? Hoolahan is obviously a decent option out on the left but I dont feel that he really feels comfortable out there and Roeder thinks he is best in the hole behind the strikers.

I honestly think we are two players away from a quality side.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="BGG YPOS"]Yes, Hucks was a great player for us, but after his hip injury he was not the same player. What I would like to know is IF we were doing well and up in the play off positions, would everyone be saying that GR was right to let him go?[/quote]Even now, he''s light years ahead of the crap we''ve got![:|][/quote]

A typical politician reply there Wiz, ie; shunning the original question.

Huckerby the one player when on the pitch your always in with a chance of getting something, not this season no flair or excitement on the pitch,

I havent forgotten Paddon or Flecky so why should I forget Hucks.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="canaries_07"]

MARSHALL----------

[/quote]

Totally agree.Hucks was a great player in terminal decline, and the time was right, and I have been banging on about the need for a midfielder to go alongside Sammy for ages as Fozzy,Rusty and Patty are not good enough. However,I would go for Bell over Hoolahan.

[/quote]

Although easier said than done as quality attacking midfielders are few and far between. but presuming we signed one perm (which isn''t likely without new backing) then 7 out of the starting 11 would be our own players which shows maybe the loan situation is not as bad as first thought. Also, you could be right about bell, and then give the chance for hoolahan to go centre mid to unlock defences from there, while clingan does his dirty work, he may not then suffer from a lack of pace which he does out wide. could be worth a shot? because i really believe hoolahan has a lot of quality but whatever reason we have not seen it yet.

[quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]Hucks was a top player but the time was right for him to go - he was becoming bigger than the club. People need to realise that and get over him.[/quote]

If Hucks is too big for Norwich City then there''s something wrong with Norwich City not Hucks.

[quote user="Potless Percy "]

[quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]Hucks was a top player but the time was right for him to go - he was becoming bigger than the club. People need to realise that and get over him.[/quote]

If Hucks is too big for Norwich City then there''s something wrong with Norwich City not Hucks.

[/quote]

Exactly.

And to say he did nothing over the last two seasons is complete rubbish. The season before last he and Martin between them, and with little other assistance, kept us up. Last season he was poor for much of the season due to injury but as he recovered he showed in the last dozen or so games that he still has what it takes, and certainly that he is even now still streets ahead of his replacements.New heroes, my a**e!!