Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

Letter to the EDP demanding a refund

I''m tired of bleating on here.  Let''s hope this gets printed and the club do something.I''m also up for collecting the tickets from anyone who went.  It would clearly look so much better if we could hand over three or four hundred tickets with this demand, but we have to start somewhere.

----------------------We Want Our Money Back

Sir,I write having given up my Saturday to watch another abject surrender from a Norwich City side who travelled to Burnley and left their collective backbone on the team bus.  Of course, this is nothing new, and we know, as long-suffering fans, what will happen next.  The traditional response from the club – one which we have heard many times over the last year - will be for Glenn Roeder to issue another stern warning to the players via the press, and for a player – probably Lee Croft, probably on Friday, to give another sackcloth and ashes interview to your newspaper in which he will use phrases such as “our brilliant fans deserve better” and “we really owe the fans one.”This much is true, we do deserve better, and the club do owe us one, but I do not believe anybody reads these interviews any longer and thinks that the players sincerely mean what they say.  Certainly, nobody who went to the Burnley match on Saturday can believe that the team are interested in trying to give us “better”.  We get the same cowardly, insipid no-shows week after week after week.If the club is serious about owing the fans one (though, at the last count, they actually owe us about fourteen), it is time they stopped talking and started doing something about it. While it would be unreasonable to hold the club accountable for the outrageous cost of fuel to cover four hundred and twenty miles, or the torrential rain and hazardous driving conditions we braved to return home, it is certainly reasonable to expect our money back for the ninety minute surrender we had to endure at Turf Moor.Therefore, I politely request that the club, via the club shop or ticket office, offer a refund of the ticket price to any supporter who can produce a ticket for the Burnley game.  Otherwise, this feeble excuse for a football team will no longer be able to count on “the best supporters in the world” in games away from home.Yours,

I agree with what you are saying, but why write to the EDP? why not write to NCFC and let them know how you feel and ask them for a refund.

Good luck!

[quote user="Scooby"]

I agree with what you are saying, but why write to the EDP? why not write to NCFC and let them know how you feel and ask them for a refund.

Good luck!

[/quote]Well, I figured that:If you write to the club, it gets buried/put in a drawer and the club have to do nothingIf you write to the paper, people read it and respond, and then the club have to do somethingIf it isn''t printed, it goes to the club later this week anywayMaybe wishful thinking but it''s better than another post moaning on here (though no doubt I''ll do that by lunchtime).

Scooby,if he just writes to NCFC it will just be tucked away,in a broom cupboard,with all the other unread letters from fed up fans. Best to send it to the local press so more people can see it.Go for it Mr C,you guys who went yesterday deserve better than that!

I would advise writing to the club with the added line: ''I send a copy of this to the EDP that my concerns may be shared with other fans''

that way you address the right people but with public attention....

great idea Mr C, at least it''s something practive, and I agree with all the sentiments.Although I did not go to Burnley  I have had many depressing away trips to look back on.

The people I go with have a motto "Don''t let the football affect your enjoyment of the day", and it''s never been truer.

I dont know why you bothered going in the first place Chops, it was a game we had already lost. Suprised we had one shot on target tbh.

Great idea though, you should ask to be reimbursed fuel costs too. [:)]

Good letter Chops. I only hope it manages to spark some action. I guess you will get the usual response if you write to the club, a lovely phone call with Mr Doncaster and I am sure you will have received plenty of those. Does anything change? No.

Not until sadly we are relegated or the season ticket figures fall below whatever the cut off figure is, whichever happens first.

Maybe you could add the Derby game to your letter as we deserve a refund too.

[quote user="cityangel"]Maybe you could add the Derby game to your letter as we deserve a refund too.[/quote]

I don''t agree CA. The Derby game we got a performance (of sorts) and was just another away defeat like all clubs get during a season. Yesterday was just dross.

[quote user="cityangel"]Maybe you could add the Derby game to your letter as we deserve a refund too.[/quote]CA - I wasn''t there, so it wouldn''t be right for me to do that.  I would say that this is absolutely the sort of thing that the NCISA should be picking up on and doing something about.  Sadly, I''ve seen more genuine teeth at a pensioner''s tea party.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="cityangel"]Maybe you could add the Derby game to your letter as we deserve a refund too.[/quote]

CA - I wasn''t there, so it wouldn''t be right for me to do that.  I would say that this is absolutely the sort of thing that the NCISA should be picking up on and doing something about.  Sadly, I''ve seen more genuine teeth at a pensioner''s tea party.

[/quote]

The NCISA have run many a good pensioners tea party there''s occasionally bingo too

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Err? surely you''re actions would hit the club financially Chops?

Just playing Devils Advocate.[;)]

[/quote]Let''s weigh it up:Cost of refunding a ticket - £20versusLack of revenue from lack of further ticket sales - £20 x (number of away games missed)

Stop whining about a refund Chopsy my friend. I was as disappointed as you but I have endured much worse than that without a refund. Why not "take the bull by the horns" and write to the press stating you won''t go again until your conditions, what ever they may be, are met.

I can''t go away anymore until Watford and I will be jealous of those that can go to away to the games at Forest and Weds in the meantime.

Yesterday was dire, fans had a right to be disappointed and angry. But as an away supporter you have to be able to take that I''m afraid, or else stick to home games.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Yesterday was dire, fans had a right to be disappointed and angry. But as an away supporter you have to be able to take that I''m afraid, or else stick to home games.

[/quote]

Absolutely not.  And I''m assuming you weren''t there, because there is absolutely no way I am "taking" that excuse for a performance without doing something about it.

I also wasn''t aware that writing to the press was "whining".  I like to think of it more as "doing something" - something far far too few people are prepared to do for all their keyboard bluster.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Pretty obvious we were gonna be shit so if you want your money back you should have thought before you went.[/quote]Now that''s the spirit!

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Absolutely not.  And I''m assuming you weren''t there, because there is absolutely no way I am "taking" that excuse for a performance without doing something about it.

I also wasn''t aware that writing to the press was "whining".  I like to think of it more as "doing something" - something far far too few people are prepared to do for all their keyboard bluster.

[/quote]

Well you assume wrong Mister because I was there and as I said it was dire. The worst this season in fact. But, if other seasons are anything to go by it won''t be the worst all season. Lat year we were two down in about 5 minutes at Burnley. The previous season another poor performance saw us lose 3-0. The year before that we lost 2-0 on a freezing cold Friday night in front of the TV cameras. In fact the previous three occasions I trekked up there were for evening games. I never once got my money back, except for when we got all the way up there only to have the game called off everytime it rains.

Excellent letter and good luck for a positive response. Trouble is the NCFC board and management seem to be oblivious or immune to the mounting anger of fans as they drift towards division 1 obscurity, a drift that has gone on for the past four years and is gaining serious momentum. Look at the crowd attendances of Saturday''s championship games, and some of those in the Premiership! How come clubs regularly attracting crowds of only 13,000 appear to not have the financial concerns or constraints that we have, and yet assemble (and attract) players who are permanent signings, and managers who man manage effectively, have charisma, and have good tactical awareness and coaching ability. I think there is a hugh scam being played out at NCFC, and the fans are the victims. The club rely on the mild mannered and co - operative fans to continue to put up with the dross served up each week, and so the saga continues. The sooner the fans make their true feeling known on a consistent basis, the sooner the deadwood can be removed and (hopefully) the recovery backed by investment cab begin. Sorry to rant on, and hope you get the refund so richly deserved.

[quote user="cityangel"]Maybe you could add the Derby game to your letter as we deserve a refund too.[/quote]

Add Bristol to that whilst your at it...

And also ask if they will ever be able to give me back 10 hours of my life which I wasted on a coach to watch Norwich ...

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Scooby"]

Good luck!

[/quote]

Well, I figured that:

If you write to the club, it gets buried/put in a drawer and the club have to do nothing
If you write to the paper, people read it and respond, and then the club have to do something
If it isn''t printed, it goes to the club later this week anyway

Maybe wishful thinking but it''s better than another post moaning on here (though no doubt I''ll do that by lunchtime).

[/quote]

You should send it to both. Stating that you have sent it to both.

how about the club offer free travel on official club coaches to the next away game

in doing this you will keep the numbers on next away match but also getting something back in not having to pay travel expenses and also helps the club finances rather than paying 20quid to every away fan who went

[quote user="top the league and we avin a laugh"]

how about the club offer free travel on official club coaches to the next away game

in doing this you will keep the numbers on next away match but also getting something back in not having to pay travel expenses and also helps the club finances rather than paying 20quid to every away fan who went

[/quote]

Is that what "my wolves" did for you last week[:^)]

no, but i dont know why wolves keep getting mentioned, im yet to mention them today and think norwich fans should have more at home issues today by what i saw on the championship

[quote user="top the league and we avin a laugh"]

no, but i dont know why wolves keep getting mentioned, im yet to mention them today and think norwich fans should have more at home issues today by what i saw on the championship

[/quote]

Maybe it''s something to do with you being here?

senisble suggestion from myself which is more than some on here are doing

what it wrong with offering free travel?