Sign in to follow this  
arrdee

Raise Funds For the Academy with the Pink un Pickers

[quote user="Gorleston Jim"][quote user="arrdee"][quote user="Sludge"]

ive looked everyware 4 a dead cirt and came up withb this litle jem

Harlston cherry tree v cantley rovs      DRAW!!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]

Dear oh dear, my hopes of a quick recapture was just wishful thinking it seems, there is always one isn''t there? its enough to break your heart isn''t it? Dear oh dear, what a thing it is....arrdee. 

[/quote]

Would it help to press "Report" under the title inappropriate comment perhaps ?

Or better still deport him as undesirable maybe !

[/quote]

I had hoped it would never come to this on the Free Bet pages . Dear oh dear what is the point?.[U]....arrdee.

If it were my money I''d back Forfar to beat East Stirling in the Scottish 3rd div.(Stirling are my Scottish team(s) next time Cam comes on gloating about how crap the teams he supports are would somebody remind me to tell him about Stirlings cup run in the early 70''s please? After conquering the mighty ''Civil Service Strollers'' (who fielded 2 ex Heriots FP RU players my father knew) and murdering Clachnacuddin 1-0 on the coldest day ever in world history we drew Celtic who still had half the European Cup team, Kenny Dalglish et al. We lost. 6, 8, I can''t remember tbh they didn''t even try very hard after 4th goal it was more an exhibition. Anyway I digress. I''ve followed both Stirling teams for family reasons since approx 1970 been quite a few times over the years and have never seen them win a league game once. Cup games yes every now and again I obviously missed the 24-0 win a few years back but they cannot win league games so at about evens with the Bookies this is a pretty good bet to me. However since the Club stand to gain from a succesful bet it has to be a boring Liverpool win over the Baggies this week.

Nigel you have beaten me to it. You have cottoned on to my success in the Welsh Premier and cups this season!

RHYL v Caersws HOME WIN

Rhyl undefeated at home, Caersws not won away from home. Good enough for me.

(although Valencia were undefeated at home, and Racing not won away last week - but we don''t talk about that!)

Good Luck Norfolkchance1, I''m sure your enjoying this as much as I did.

Leedscanary (Young Gun)

[quote user="Gorleston Jim"]

Italy Serie A

Genoa v Reggina has just got to be a home win, surely it must  ! ! !

Genoa aint lost at home and Reggina aint won anywhere !

Good luck Norfolkchance, hope this one will help you to a great six-timer !

[/quote]

Great minds and all that Jim.

Pete can you stop Sludge having access to the Free Bet pages?  The tedious nuisance doesn''t seem to take hints!

[quote user="Sludge"]

ive looked everyware 4 a dead cirt and came up withb this litle jem

Harlston cherry tree v cantley rovs      DRAW!!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]

Sludge you have so many other threads to play on as oppossed to this one. Now I''m sure deep down your probably a decent person and can see that this is the one thread that has some importance and sanity mixed with a lot of fun for some of us posters on the Pink un site, so I''ll appeal to your better nature and ask if you would either join in with a serious pick or just do the decent thing and play elswhere.

Many thanks.[H]

As Nutty has shown us in the past with his tables the European leagues are a great place for us PUPs to make our picks so I''m off to Spain this week [:D]

Barcelona vs Valladolid - HOME WIN

Barca are on fire at the moment and are averaging almost four goals a game at home. Valladolid have played four and lost four away from home.

Good luck everyone [Y]

Sorry to go with the flow this week, but it is the one I picked out from the start......honest!

Liverpool to beat West Brom

If they don''t I may as well give up!

Muddy

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="Gorleston Jim"]

Italy Serie A

Genoa v Reggina has just got to be a home win, surely it must  ! ! !

Genoa aint lost at home and Reggina aint won anywhere !

Good luck Norfolkchance, hope this one will help you to a great six-timer !

[/quote]

Great minds and all that Jim.

Pete can you stop Sludge having access to the Free Bet pages?  The tedious nuisance doesn''t seem to take hints!

[/quote]

Sadly we can''t prevent access to individual threads, but we can prevent access to the forum.....

Greetings Pinkun Pickers

The time has come for me to announce my choices for this weekends matches. First of all I just want to thank Ray for giving me the opportunity this week, and all pickers for the selections they’ve given, its always an interesting challenge with lots of differing suggestions for me to pick through.

In the end I’ve tried to select 6 home games with a great chance of winning FONCY some money.

Liverpool to beat West Brom -Trent Canary, JimboJet Set, Canary Ryan, The Butler, City Angel, Sports Desk Pete, Mr Chops, Roedy Can’t Fail, Sparkos, Hughesy, Muddy Funster, Norfolkchance1(me)

The reds should beat West Brom, the baggies try to play pretty football but aren’t robust enough defensibly to stop Liverpool. (For the Stats Nutty this is my nap this week)

Rapid Vienna to beat Altach- NCFC Shaun

Picked this one on weight of statistics, there appears to be a gulf in class between the two sides, Rapid won 7-2 at Altach earlier in season.

Barcelona to beat Vallaloid - Inch High, New York, Shack Attack

Barca are going well and should be too strong for a side in an indifferent run of form.

Darlington to beat Droylsden -Hissing Sid

Darlo are top of League 2 and strong at home they should win this easily-it will help having a manager who has managed (and done well ) at Non league level in Dave Penney. There is always the risk that the smaller club go to a big stadium and frustrate but this shouldn’t happen here or in the game below.

Leicester to beat Stevenage -Astrodyne, Graham Humphrey

Leicester are a good side and have played well at home this season, they will be too strong for Stevenage.

Queen of the South to beat Morton -Methcanary, Cosmic Twin, Gazza TCC, Yankee Canary, Lappinitup

Qos have a great home record while Morton have a rubbish away record, on paper shouldn’t be a contest if Qos get early goals. (Morton have only scored 2 goals away in six games)

Other games that came very close were Cowdenbeath at home to Elgin, Peterborough away at Hornchurch, Celtic at home to Motherwell, Groningen at home to FC Volendam, Genoa at home to Reggiana and Rangers away at Kilmarnock.These are all games that I agree with statistically but just missed the cut.

Once again thank you for supporting me this weekend, lets hope we can win again for FONCY.

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]Greetings Pinkun Pickers The time has come for me to announce my choices for this weekends matches. First of all I just want to thank Ray for giving me the opportunity this week, and all pickers for the selections they’ve given, its always an interesting challenge with lots of differing suggestions for me to pick through. In the end I’ve tried to select 6 home games with a great chance of winning FONCY some money. Liverpool to beat West Brom -Trent Canary, JimboJet Set, Canary Ryan, The Butler, City Angel, Sports Desk Pete, Mr Chops, Roedy Can’t Fail, Sparkos, Hughesy, Muddy Funster, Norfolkchance1(me) The reds should beat West Brom, the baggies try to play pretty football but aren’t robust enough defensibly to stop Liverpool. (For the Stats Nutty this is my nap this week) Rapid Vienna to beat Altach- NCFC Shaun Picked this one on weight of statistics, there appears to be a gulf in class between the two sides, Rapid won 7-2 at Altach earlier in season. Barcelona to beat Vallaloid - Inch High, New York, Shack Attack Barca are going well and should be too strong for a side in an indifferent run of form. Darlington to beat Droylsden -Hissing Sid Darlo are top of League 2 and strong at home they should win this easily-it will help having a manager who has managed (and done well ) at Non league level in Dave Penney. There is always the risk that the smaller club go to a big stadium and frustrate but this shouldn’t happen here or in the game below. Leicester to beat Stevenage -Astrodyne, Graham Humphrey Leicester are a good side and have played well at home this season, they will be too strong for Stevenage. Queen of the South to beat Morton -Methcanary, Cosmic Twin, Gazza TCC, Yankee Canary, Lappinitup Qos have a great home record while Morton have a rubbish away record, on paper shouldn’t be a contest if Qos get early goals. (Morton have only scored 2 goals away in six games) Other games that came very close were Cowdenbeath at home to Elgin, Peterborough away at Hornchurch, Celtic at home to Motherwell, Groningen at home to FC Volendam, Genoa at home to Reggiana and Rangers away at Kilmarnock.These are all games that I agree with statistically but just missed the cut. Once again thank you for supporting me this weekend, lets hope we can win again for FONCY.[/quote]

Brilliant Norfolkchance1 they really do look good well done. I would say we are in with a great shout this weekend , thanks all you Pickers for the help you gave Craig, well done. The bet will be put on in the morning with Dixmar and I will inform you the odds and the amount we will win tomorrow lunch time....[Y]....ardee.

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]Greetings Pinkun Pickers The time has come for me to announce my choices for this weekends matches. First of all I just want to thank Ray for giving me the opportunity this week, and all pickers for the selections they’ve given, its always an interesting challenge with lots of differing suggestions for me to pick through. In the end I’ve tried to select 6 home games with a great chance of winning FONCY some money. Liverpool to beat West Brom -Trent Canary, JimboJet Set, Canary Ryan, The Butler, City Angel, Sports Desk Pete, Mr Chops, Roedy Can’t Fail, Sparkos, Hughesy, Muddy Funster, Norfolkchance1(me) The reds should beat West Brom, the baggies try to play pretty football but aren’t robust enough defensibly to stop Liverpool. (For the Stats Nutty this is my nap this week) Rapid Vienna to beat Altach- NCFC Shaun Picked this one on weight of statistics, there appears to be a gulf in class between the two sides, Rapid won 7-2 at Altach earlier in season. Barcelona to beat Vallaloid - Inch High, New York, Shack Attack Barca are going well and should be too strong for a side in an indifferent run of form. Darlington to beat Droylsden -Hissing Sid Darlo are top of League 2 and strong at home they should win this easily-it will help having a manager who has managed (and done well ) at Non league level in Dave Penney. There is always the risk that the smaller club go to a big stadium and frustrate but this shouldn’t happen here or in the game below. Leicester to beat Stevenage -Astrodyne, Graham Humphrey Leicester are a good side and have played well at home this season, they will be too strong for Stevenage. Queen of the South to beat Morton -Methcanary, Cosmic Twin, Gazza TCC, Yankee Canary, Lappinitup Qos have a great home record while Morton have a rubbish away record, on paper shouldn’t be a contest if Qos get early goals. (Morton have only scored 2 goals away in six games) Other games that came very close were Cowdenbeath at home to Elgin, Peterborough away at Hornchurch, Celtic at home to Motherwell, Groningen at home to FC Volendam, Genoa at home to Reggiana and Rangers away at Kilmarnock.These are all games that I agree with statistically but just missed the cut. Once again thank you for supporting me this weekend, lets hope we can win again for FONCY.[/quote]

Its very interesting looking at the selections I think a record has been broken this week. I don''t think we have ever had some many Pickers "nap" one team. We have no less than 12 Pickers going for Liverpool , which I am sure is the "nap" of all time but as you all know I leave the stats to Nutty, he will I am sure confirm this or otherwise to all us lovely old Pickers....[Y]....ardee.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]

Indeed Ardee now has an Irish town named after him.[:O]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ardee

[/quote]

Well yes Inchy I can well understand it, I wouldn''t mind saying there will be thousands following suit all over the world, It just shows you the power of the Pink Un message board....[;)]....ardee.

Not many league games to go on this week, the FA Cup is a bit of a lottery,

and I don''t know enough about the foreign leagues.

Conclusion: safe bet on Liverpool home win.

Nearly forgot Nutty and Arrdee but here goes.......Got to be Leicester home win V Stevenage in the FA Cup.

[quote user="1dartmoore"]

Not many league games to go on this week, the FA Cup is a bit of a lottery,

and I don''t know enough about the foreign leagues.

Conclusion: safe bet on Liverpool home win.

[/quote]

We can now make that 13 "naps"for Liverpool which must be a record. I bet this has got Nutty and Fellas in a fizz with their stats....[:D]....ardee.