Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

The 2008 Pink'un/NCFC Xmas Panto Musical - The Full Version

Can''t believe I didn''t comment on this 1st time around because I do remember reading it, pure brilliance!

Here''s to a 2009 edition please Mr C

Cmon Mr Chops put us out of our misery and tell us that you''ll do one for Xmas ??

[quote user="cityangel"]Cmon Mr Chops put us out of our misery and tell us that you''ll do one for Xmas ??[/quote]Angel, I have to let you in on a little secret. Chops was only the name on the cover. The panto was actually ghost-written for him by R*ch*rd B*lls. So it wasn''t all Chops, it was all B*lls!

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="cityangel"]Cmon Mr Chops put us out of our misery and tell us that you''ll do one for Xmas ??[/quote]

Angel, I have to let you in on a little secret. Chops was only the name on the cover. The panto was actually ghost-written for him by R*ch*rd B*lls. So it wasn''t all Chops, it was all B*lls![/quote]

Are you sure?

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="cityangel"]Cmon Mr Chops put us out of our misery and tell us that you''ll do one for Xmas ??[/quote]Angel, I have to let you in on a little secret. Chops was only the name on the cover. The panto was actually ghost-written for him by R*ch*rd B*lls. So it wasn''t all Chops, it was all B*lls![/quote]Why would you lie about something like that?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="cityangel"]Cmon Mr Chops put us out of our misery and tell us that you''ll do one for Xmas ??[/quote]

Angel, I have to let you in on a little secret. Chops was only the name on the cover. The panto was actually ghost-written for him by R*ch*rd B*lls. So it wasn''t all Chops, it was all B*lls![/quote]

Why would you lie about something like that?

[/quote]

Milli Vanilli....On the Pink''un?

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="cityangel"]Cmon Mr Chops put us out of our misery and tell us that you''ll do one for Xmas ??[/quote]Angel, I have to let you in on a little secret. Chops was only the name on the cover. The panto was actually ghost-written for him by R*ch*rd B*lls. So it wasn''t all Chops, it was all B*lls![/quote]Why would you lie about something like that?

[/quote]

[/quote]I think it''s more someone lying about the author being Richard Balls, Mello.  Not sure what the agenda is here but I can produce timestamped 1st and 2nd drafts, plus the "deleted scenes" I cut out because they weren''t quite there... maybe I will save these for a DVD special edition.  I''m fairly irritated about this, unsurprisingly.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="cityangel"]Cmon Mr Chops put us out of our misery and tell us that you''ll do one for Xmas ??[/quote]

Why would you lie about something like that?

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think it''s more someone lying about the author being Richard Balls, Mello.  Not sure what the agenda is here but I can produce timestamped 1st and 2nd drafts, plus the "deleted scenes" I cut out because they weren''t quite there... maybe I will save these for a DVD special edition.  I''m fairly irritated about this, unsurprisingly.
[/quote]

Maybe PurpleCanhardly - is Whack Ringworm?....Or, Dick Mennis?

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="cityangel"]Cmon Mr Chops put us out of our misery and tell us that you''ll do one for Xmas ??[/quote]

Strange thing to make up unless you were joking cause you know I like Richard Balls.

Anyway back to Mr Chops, will you do another one for us please?

People, people! This was entirely a joke. Prompted by cityangel''s

apparent devotion to Richard Balls. And a joke that obviously fell

completely flat.

It is a clumsy (and plainly obscure) reference to the speech made by Gordon Brown in which he talked about the post neo-classical endogenous growth theory.

It turned out the speech had been written by his then adviser, Norwich

City fan Ed Balls (who may or may not be a relation of Richard''s),

prompting Michael Heseltine to quip:

"It''s not all Brown, it''s all Balls."

For the record, Chops'' panto is easily the best spoof I have seen on

ANY message board, and a 2009 version would be very welcome reading at

Chateau PurpleCanary. Apologies all round for any unintentional offence.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]People, people! This was entirely a joke. Prompted by cityangel''s apparent devotion to Richard Balls. And a joke that obviously fell completely flat.

It is a clumsy (and plainly obscure) reference to the speech made by Gordon Brown in which he talked about the post neo-classical endogenous growth theory. It turned out the speech had been written by his then adviser, Norwich City fan Ed Balls (who may or may not be a relation of Richard''s), prompting Michael Heseltine to quip:

For the record, Chops'' panto is easily the best spoof I have seen on ANY message board, and a 2009 version would be very welcome reading at Chateau PurpleCanary. Apologies all round for any unintentional offence.[/quote]

A damn pretty heartless stunt I''d say.....City Angel''s gonna rip your toenails out....and shove ''em up your ''arris!

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]People, people! This was entirely a joke. Prompted by cityangel''s apparent devotion to Richard Balls. And a joke that obviously fell completely flat.

.[/quote]

I thought he might be joking tbh as I''d mentioned I liked Ballsy''s column on another thread [:)]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I have a couple of ideas based on Jack and the Beanstalk, but it needs some work.  I''ll see what I can do.

[/quote]

Times getting on you know[O] best you get your skates on Mister[Y]

[;)]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]People, people! This was entirely a joke. Prompted by cityangel''s

completely flat.

It is a clumsy (and plainly obscure) reference to the speech made by Gordon Brown in which he talked about the post neo-classical endogenous growth theory.

Chateau PurpleCanary. Apologies all round for any unintentional offence.[/quote]Apology accepted.  I''m touchy at the moment about these things as I recently was plagiarised by a writer who "borrowed" a first draft of a sci-fi short story I wrote from my online writing group, rewrote it (I think he made it worse, but meh) and then entered and won a competition with it.  So you caught me at a bad time.  Worse is he feels he has done nothing wrong, but anyway.  Yada yada yada. Elsewhere.Also, you''re too highbrow!  If you''d made a boobies joke, I might have spotted it was humourous.The problem with writing a 2009 version is at the moment there''s little to get stuck into.  McNally''s doing well, Lambert''s doing well, the team are playing well, Delia''s keeping a low profile in NCFC terms, though I was pleased to see her awarded a CBE.  The best of anything, be it writing or music or whatever comes from misery and suffering, not from pleasure.  This is why you will never see a Kool and the Gang album in the Greatest Albums Of All Time list, (and if you ever do then it''s only evidence that the person compiling the list has no ears.)

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]People, people! This was entirely a joke. Prompted by cityangel''s apparent devotion to Richard Balls. And a joke that obviously fell completely flat.

It is a clumsy (and plainly obscure) reference to the speech made by Gordon Brown in which he talked about the post neo-classical endogenous growth theory. It turned out the speech had been written by his then adviser, Norwich City fan Ed Balls (who may or may not be a relation of Richard''s), prompting Michael Heseltine to quip:

For the record, Chops'' panto is easily the best spoof I have seen on ANY message board, and a 2009 version would be very welcome reading at Chateau PurpleCanary. Apologies all round for any unintentional offence.[/quote]

Apology accepted. 

I''m touchy at the moment about these things as I recently was plagiarised by a writer who "borrowed" a first draft of a sci-fi short story I wrote from my online writing group, rewrote it (I think he made it worse, but meh) and then entered and won a competition with it.  So you caught me at a bad time.  Worse is he feels he has done nothing wrong, but anyway.  Yada yada yada. Elsewhere.

Also, you''re too highbrow!  If you''d made a boobies joke, I might have spotted it was humourous.

The problem with writing a 2009 version is at the moment there''s little to get stuck into.  McNally''s doing well, Lambert''s doing well, the team are playing well, Delia''s keeping a low profile in NCFC terms, though I was pleased to see her awarded a CBE.  The best of anything, be it writing or music or whatever comes from misery and suffering, not from pleasure.  This is why you will never see a Kool and the Gang album in the Greatest Albums Of All Time list, (and if you ever do then it''s only evidence that the person compiling the list has no ears.)

[/quote]

I like Kool and the Gang[H]

[;)]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]

The problem with writing a 2009 version is at the moment there''s little to get stuck into.  McNally''s doing well, Lambert''s doing well, the team are playing well, Delia''s keeping a low profile in NCFC terms, though I was pleased to see her awarded a CBE.  The best of anything, be it writing or music or whatever comes from misery and suffering, not from pleasure.  This is why you will never see a Kool and the Gang album in the Greatest Albums Of All Time list, (and if you ever do then it''s only evidence that the person compiling the list has no ears.)[/quote]Chops, this probably isn''t very helpful but I have long suspected that several posters here who belong to the Chartered Guild of Fag Packet Accountants are in thrall to post neo-classical endogenous growth theory. And that their views are equally all b*alls. Possibly a bit tricky to scan and rhyme that into a panto song, though...

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I have a couple of ideas based on Jack and the Beanstalk, but it needs some work.  I''ll see what I can do.[/quote]

Times getting on you know[O] best you get your skates on Mister[Y]

[;)]

[/quote]MWJ swaps Delia for a tin of baked beans.  He plants the tin in the ground outside Carrow Road but then gets done for fly tipping.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]People, people! This was entirely a joke. Prompted by cityangel''s apparent devotion to Richard Balls. And a joke that obviously fell completely flat.

Apology accepted. 

I''m touchy at the moment about these things as I recently was plagiarised by a writer who "borrowed" a first draft of a sci-fi short story I wrote from my online writing group, rewrote it (I think he made it worse, but meh) and then entered and won a competition with it.  So you caught me at a bad time.  Worse is he feels he has done nothing wrong, but anyway.  Yada yada yada. Elsewhere.

Also, you''re too highbrow!  If you''d made a boobies joke, I might have spotted it was humourous.

The problem with writing a 2009 version is at the moment there''s little to get stuck into.  McNally''s doing well, Lambert''s doing well, the team are playing well, Delia''s keeping a low profile in NCFC terms, though I was pleased to see her awarded a CBE.  The best of anything, be it writing or music or whatever comes from misery and suffering, not from pleasure.  This is why you will never see a Kool and the Gang album in the Greatest Albums Of All Time list, (and if you ever do then it''s only evidence that the person compiling the list has no ears.)

[/quote]

I like Kool and the Gang[H]

[;)]

[/quote]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]People, people! This was entirely a joke. Prompted by cityangel''s

completely flat.

Chateau PurpleCanary. Apologies all round for any unintentional offence.[/quote]Apology accepted.  I''m touchy at the moment about these things as I recently was plagiarised by a writer who "borrowed" a first draft of a sci-fi short story I wrote from my online writing group, rewrote it (I think he made it worse, but meh) and then entered and won a competition with it.  So you caught me at a bad time.  Worse is he feels he has done nothing wrong, but anyway.  Yada yada yada. Elsewhere.Also, you''re too highbrow!  If you''d made a boobies joke, I might have spotted it was humourous.The problem with writing a 2009 version is at the moment there''s little to get stuck into.  McNally''s doing well, Lambert''s doing well, the team are playing well, Delia''s keeping a low profile in NCFC terms, though I was pleased to see her awarded a CBE.  The best of anything, be it writing or music or whatever comes from misery and suffering, not from pleasure.  This is why you will never see a Kool and the Gang album in the Greatest Albums Of All Time list, (and if you ever do then it''s only evidence that the person compiling the list has no ears.)[/quote]

Before putting anything online, print and date your first drafts/scripts and leave copies with your bank manager in the first instance, Mr Chopski.It''s a cheap and very reliable way of keeping your work your own and exposing plagiarists.

The Panto had me in stitches and is incredibly well written.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I have a couple of ideas based on Jack and the Beanstalk, but it needs some work.  I''ll see what I can do.[/quote]Dear Mr C - the panto season doesn''t get into swing until well into January. Just because last season you were up and running in early November, there''s still time for it to come together. We can wait!Smile [:)]

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]People, people! This was entirely a joke. Prompted by cityangel''s apparent devotion to Richard Balls. And a joke that obviously fell completely flat.

Apology accepted. 

[/quote]

Before putting anything online, print and date your first drafts/scripts and leave copies with your bank manager in the first instance, Mr Chopski.

It''s a cheap and very reliable way of keeping your work your own and exposing plagiarists.

The Panto had me in stitches and is incredibly well written.
[/quote]

Of course there are several writers out there hoping that their work does get stolen, plagarised to a certain extent and made into a blockbuster movie (as long as they have proof of ownership). The amount of compensation payable to such a victim far outweighs any payment made for a first time writer (millions instead of thousands).

This seems like forever ago! One more time please, Mister Chops.The Jack and the Beanstalk idea has legs, surely? But you are assuming we have some beans...[;)]

Oh LQ, look behind you this evening.

I now sit in the row behind about 8 seats to your left...I think.

[quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "]

Oh LQ, look behind you this evening.

I now sit in the row behind about 8 seats to your left...I think.

[/quote]Stalker.[;)]