Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

The 2008 Pink'un/NCFC Xmas Panto Musical - The Full Version

Mr Chops, this is actually unbelieveable!If you were an A level student, you''d be heading for an A fo'' sure!

Hilarious thank you! (If there''s a sequel, how about a part for our fitness trainer. The T(h)in Man? )

My mate''s sent a copy to "The Scrimmage," hoping they might transmit a couple of songs on air.I''m glad you all enjoyed it, I enjoyed writing it.  My next project may be a sitcom pilot called "Seriously?" starring Glenn Roeder as a man who can only answer questions sarcastically. 

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Who will be playing Mr Roeder when the BBC buys it from you Mr Chops?[/quote]

Anne Robinson i would think.....

[quote user="Mister Chops"]My mate''s sent a copy to "The Scrimmage," hoping they might transmit a couple of songs on air.
I''m glad you all enjoyed it, I enjoyed writing it.  My next project may be a sitcom pilot called "Seriously?" starring Glenn Roeder as a man who can only answer questions sarcastically.

[/quote]

This would be perfect if the club was bought by an oil rich Texan who doesn''t get irony.

Only joking HC [;)], but it would make for an amusing dynamic.  

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Who will be playing Mr Roeder when the BBC buys it from you Mr Chops?[/quote]

Has to be Angus Deayton, surely?

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Has to be Angus Deayton, surely?

[/quote]

Next door to him Victor Meldrew is a must as he "never bl****y believes it"

Oh Goddddddddd!!

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]My mate''s sent a copy to "The Scrimmage," hoping they might transmit a couple of songs on air.I''m glad you all enjoyed it, I enjoyed writing it.  My next project may be a sitcom pilot called "Seriously?" starring Glenn Roeder as a man who can only answer questions sarcastically. [/quote]

This would be perfect if the club was bought by an oil rich Texan who doesn''t get irony.

Only joking HC [;)], but it would make for an amusing dynamic.  

[/quote]

I thought you meant George W Bush.

Now that would be classic.

Very, very good. I would have liked a bigger part (do your own gags about Mrs Dennis) but it is one of the funniest and best-sustained comic pieces of writing about football I have read for a long time. I''d have to say, in my day-to-day dealings with football folk, there are plenty more tin men, cowardly lions and brainless scarecrows at other clubs than are to be found at Carrer Rud, and, of course, the moral of The Wizard of Oz is explained when Dorothy says at the end: "The next time I go looking for my heart''s desire, I won''t look any further than my own backyard; if it''s not there, then I never really lost it to begin with." I take that to mean that you should count your blessings rather than believe things would be better in different circumstances. But I do salute a comic genius. Brilliant. OTBC

It occurred to me the other night, Chops, whilst considering the quality of your comic writing, that this isn''t the first time we''ve encountered each other on an internet forum (ooh err) - am I right in saying you were briefly part of a short-lived forum for local budding writers to share their story ideas and egg each other on, etc? I believe The Yank should mean something to you? I can''t find the website any more, despite its unique name (AnimalExpletive) cos it was my mate who set it up after our drunken pub conversation.... Funnily enough there are at least 2 more lurkers who were part of that little website... Small world [:)]

Animal Expletive!  Yeah, that was me... and eleven other guys.  Good to "see" you again.Nothing from the Scrimmage, alas, I guess they''re not for recording any of the musical numbers.  Shame, that. Imagine the BBC being concerned about offending people with comedy...The Roeder sitcom isn''t going well, and I then moved onto "At Home With the Curetons," which is basically a sitcom pilot where Jamie Cureton keeps getting into "hilarious" scrapes by continually failing to do anything right, but I then realised this was basically Some Mothers Do ''Ave ''Em, and gave up.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]It occurred to me the other night, Chops, whilst considering the quality of your comic writing, that this isn''t the first time we''ve encountered each other on an internet forum (ooh err) - am I right in saying you were briefly part of a short-lived forum for local budding writers to share their story ideas and egg each other on, etc? I believe The Yank should mean something to you? I can''t find the website any more, despite its unique name (AnimalExpletive) cos it was my mate who set it up after our drunken pub conversation.... Funnily enough there are at least 2 more lurkers who were part of that little website... Small world [:)][/quote]I am one of those ''lurkers'', although I resent the term ''lurker'' as I actually post quite a lot. It''s just that nobody notices me because I tend not to say anything libellous or outrageous... [;)]

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Evil Monkey"]It occurred to me the other night, Chops, whilst considering the quality of your comic writing, that this isn''t the first time we''ve encountered each other on an internet forum (ooh err) - am I right in saying you were briefly part of a short-lived forum for local budding writers to share their story ideas and egg each other on, etc? I believe The Yank should mean something to you? I can''t find the website any more, despite its unique name (AnimalExpletive) cos it was my mate who set it up after our drunken pub conversation.... Funnily enough there are at least 2 more lurkers who were part of that little website... Small world [:)][/quote]
I am one of those ''lurkers'', although I resent the term ''lurker'' as I actually post quite a lot. It''s just that nobody notices me because I tend not to say anything libellous or outrageous... [;)]
[/quote]

Lordluvaducks!

You poor thing you.

See. I noticed you.[}]

One love.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Evil Monkey"]It occurred to me the other night, Chops, whilst considering the quality of your comic writing, that this isn''t the first time we''ve encountered each other on an internet forum (ooh err) - am I right in saying you were briefly part of a short-lived forum for local budding writers to share their story ideas and egg each other on, etc? I believe The Yank should mean something to you? I can''t find the website any more, despite its unique name (AnimalExpletive) cos it was my mate who set it up after our drunken pub conversation.... Funnily enough there are at least 2 more lurkers who were part of that little website... Small world [:)][/quote]I am one of those ''lurkers'', although I resent the term ''lurker'' as I actually post quite a lot. It''s just that nobody notices me because I tend not to say anything libellous or outrageous... [;)][/quote]

Lordluvaducks!

You poor thing you.

See. I noticed you.[}]

One love.

OTBC

[/quote]Thanks, Bly. I''m thinking of reinventing myself as a libellous muck-spreader... [;)]

Mister Chops, I''ve been crying with laughter in the office over my sarnie with concerned colleagues looking in.  Talk about looking on the bright side, thanks for rediscovering a lost sense of humour.  It''s been torture the last few seasons, up until reading this.

I know this is really cheeky Mr Chops, but could we please have an updated version this year? Please, pretty please?

Can''t believe so much has changed in a year though! Some of it seems like ancient history now.

Do you have it in you to produce another classic? Go on you know you want to......your audience anticipates!