Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

The 2008 Pink'un/NCFC Xmas Panto Musical - The Full Version

Ahh...But will you keep ducking out of view every time I look round, panto fashion?[:P]

Glad to see you''ve taken up my old Pink un Panto idea.......

Inferior product though I have to say.....

[quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

[/quote]Is this your idea in the same way that any talent show is "Simon Cowells'' idea" ?

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

[/quote]

Is this your idea in the same way that any talent show is "Simon Cowells'' idea" ?
[/quote]

Found it for you blublub.

Remember that I am never wrong...........

[quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

[/quote]Is this your idea in the same way that any talent show is "Simon Cowells'' idea" ?[/quote]

Found it for you blublub.

Remember that I am never wrong...........

[/quote]It would be a short panto - where''s the script !And that neuro-linguistic programming nonsense won''t work on me either...

A treat to read that again. The thing that really struck me was how much has happened to our club in twelve months. Is it really less than a year ago that we were playing Charlton in the FA Cup in those retro ''59 shirts with the away fans baying for Roeder''s blood and Sibierski almost breaking into a sweat? Had you told me then that within a year, Bryan Gunn would have been appointed our manager, been re-appointed despite relegation, then been sacked one game into the new season I would not... actually, knowing NCFC, I probably would have believed you.

Anyway, Mr C, I add my name to demands for a 2009 version. I agree that happiness writes white. Perhaps a Gunny tribute. Shack has already suggested that McNally should be Malcolm Tucker.

otbc

(MUSIC - MY FAVOURITE THINGS)ROEDER (singing in a cockney accent)Young gifted left backs from Chelsea and ArsenalUnwanted youth players from Spurs and Newcastleseason-long freebies without any strings,these are a few of my favorite things.Loanees from Wigan, and Ghanian moversBaldy French has-beens and young won’t-improvers,Reading midfielders who run round in rings,these are a few of my favorite things.When the team lose, when the fans sing,when I''m feeling sad,I simply remember my days at West Hamand then I don''t feel so bad.brilliant!...

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"](MUSIC - MY FAVOURITE THINGS)ROEDER (singing in a cockney accent)Young gifted left backs from Chelsea and ArsenalUnwanted youth players from Spurs and Newcastleseason-long freebies without any strings,these are a few of my favorite things.Loanees from Wigan, and Ghanian moversBaldy French has-beens and young won’t-improvers,Reading midfielders who run round in rings,these are a few of my favorite things.When the team lose, when the fans sing,when I''m feeling sad,I simply remember my days at West Hamand then I don''t feel so bad.brilliant!...[/quote]Yes, Mr Chops at his best. It''s still some way until the panto season so let''s not apply unnecessary pressure - you can''t force the muse.

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]

Perhaps a Gunny tribute. Shack has already suggested that McNally should be Malcolm Tucker.

otbc

[/quote]

Ever since this thread was brought back I''ve been obsessing over a The Thick Of It style sitcom with McNally as a Malcolm Tucker style enforcer brought in to sort out an underperforming goverment department (manned by various members of the NCFC board, management and playing staff). Wes is clearly going to be head of a thinktank who are always encouraging the government to move their polices leftwards [:D]. I''m thinking of having Peter Cullum as leader of the opposition with an office staffed by the boards biggest citics from here.

My big problem is that I doubt I''ll get away with all the Tuckeresque swearing and obviously the fact that Chopsy has set the bar for such things so ridiculously high (damn you people with talent!![;)]).

I don't think I was even reading the Pinkun those days, but this really is superb stuff. Applying the context as at the time, this made me smile:

image.png.8843977c0297841f4219e3b51788d653.png

Bumping after it was mentioned / linked in another thread. Well before my time on here but this is wonderful work. 

Could we not pin it into top position on the forum, perhaps?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Bumping after it was mentioned / linked in another thread. Well before my time on here but this is wonderful work. 

Could we not pin it into top position on the forum, perhaps?

It's so, so good. Well worth a read. Have to say this 'review' made me laugh, though:

On 20/11/2009 at 21:23, First Wizard said:

Vindictive, point scoring, inaccurate crap.........especially about me.............as expected.[;)]

• Haha 1

On 06/11/2008 at 23:11, FaTTY28uk said:

Part two just as clever and funny as part one.

you can still find him….

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Robert N. LiM said:

It's so, so good. Well worth a read. Have to say this 'review' made me laugh, though:

On 20/11/2009 at 21:23, First Wizard said:

Vindictive, point scoring, inaccurate crap.........especially about me.............as expected.[;)]

One of the big characters on here for years, he was never short of an opinion, even if it probably contradicted what he’d said the day before. RIP.