Sign in to follow this  
O.T.B.C

Who is Carl Moore?

I have tried to Google him, but it does not list anything of note. It does mention, that he helped Thaxton too. Does anyone know, what sort of business does he run and if he has ever wanted to get on the board?

Carl Moore is a Barbadian jazz critic, journalist, radio broadcaster and former head of the Barbados Broadcasting Association

[quote user="canarytom"]Think he runs some underground surveying business[/quote]

Is that ''underground'' as in a shady surveying organaisation operating outside of the law? Or just somebody who does surveys underground?

[quote user="canarytom"]Think he runs some underground surveying business[/quote]

Correct. This is his main operation, but he also has Moco Travel (which Mike Milligan runs). He''s been in prison before too, which had something to do with money. Fact. So for everyone getting excited by him - don''t be.

Mike Milligan runs a business??!!!

"Hello thish is Moco Travell, your shpeaking to Moike and your my besht mate!" ;) :p

jas :)

[quote user="Greenwich Canary"]

Correct. This is his main operation, but he also has Moco Travel (which Mike Milligan runs). He''s been in prison before too, which had something to do with money. Fact. So for everyone getting excited by him - don''t be.

[/quote]

He helped us to get Hucks here, he''s now helped to keep Lita here so why not just be gratefull?

You are sooooo right Jas. Milly was our matchday host a few years back, and proceeded to just get hammered with us. Top fella, but I couldn''t understand a word he said!

[quote user="Pieman"]You are sooooo right Jas. Milly was our matchday host a few years back, and proceeded to just get hammered with us. Top fella, but I couldn''t understand a word he said![/quote]

He''s a very nice man a very very nice man a very very very nice man, get the picture.

[quote user="Pieman"]You are sooooo right Jas. Milly was our matchday host a few years back, and proceeded to just get hammered with us. Top fella, but I couldn''t understand a word he said![/quote]he got me into trouble at the players award thing in may,there was a quiz question, and he decided to pinch the trophy, copy an answer down and plonk it in front of me. and walked off!top bloke though, known him a while.usually pisched ash a parrot.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Greenwich Canary"]

[/quote]

He helped us to get Hucks here, he''s now helped to keep Lita here so why not just be gratefull?

[/quote]

I am grateful, but I also know the man so am just posting facts. If he makes a sporting donation (i.e these loans) he avoids paying tax. Also true.

Cheers for that. He seems a person who wants to stay out of the headlines to me and is quite happy to put money in for purchases and investment on an ad-hoc basis, probably wiser for him and the club, that instead of putting regular cash in or a large one off payment, he can put money in for the likes of Lita and Hucks.

[quote]If he makes a sporting donation (i.e these loans) he avoids paying tax.  [/quote]

So, it should be relatively easy to find other Carl Moores'' looking for a tax break then.  I can''t see a down side there.  Would you rather he gave the money to the treasury ?

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote]If he makes a sporting donation (i.e these loans) he avoids paying tax.  [/quote]

So, it should be relatively easy to find other Carl Moores'' looking for a tax break then.  I can''t see a down side there.  Would you rather he gave the money to the treasury ?

[/quote]

If it''s that easy they can have my tax, I''d rather Roeder wated it than Brown. [:O]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Mike Milligan runs a business??!!!

"Hello thish is Moco Travell, your shpeaking to Moike and your my besht mate!" ;) :p

[/quote]

Ive only met Mike Milligan once, but this impression couldnt be more accurate of the experience. Except after slurring his words he slumped in his chair and closed his eyes for thirty seconds, then opened them, burped and said "I gotta go".

He told me at the time, a few years ago, that he was started an autograph business and said "If you need anything just give me a call"...... which was odd, since I obviously didnt have his phone number.

Have met up with Mike Milligan before but he wouldn''t remember as he could hardly stand let alone speak.  He and Carl  where in Malaysia when City went there as guests of Proton a few years back.  Remember Carl walking into the bar (ouch) and buying all us City fans a drink which for me makes him a top bloke!  Other things stay on tour.

a mate of mine met Milly at a fucntion at Carrow road for one of the directors birthdays.. he was hammered then!

I saw him in squares a few years back before a game.. it was just after lunch and i think Milly had already been in there a while!?

Seem to fit in well with the scene.  

As a general point payments incurred not wholly and necessarily in the normal course of business are not  tax deductible  . The paticular circumstances of any payment would drive the tax treatment . From the nature of these payments it''s impossible to conclude without more information.

Such payments should not be confused with gift aid payments to registered charities where the donor can attract tax benefits in some situations.

GOOD BLOKE CARL MOORE & FRIENDS ALLOWED ME TO SPEND A DAY IN THERE COMPANY IN THERE BOX AT CARROW ROAD SUPPORTING MY TEAM NORWICH V PORTSMOUTH 2004  THANKS LADS FROM THE POMPEY CANARY

I once saw Mike swigging gin outside of the forum. Once he finished, he went on to smash the bottle very near the walking public. Security guards came storming out of the forum, leading Mike to run... straight in front of a speeding taxi. Luckily nobody was hurt but it could of been a lot worse.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[/quote]

Assuming he is making the "donation" as an indivdual (not via a company) and he can get a tax deduction for that (not sure how he could to be honest) then the net cost of his "donation" would be 59% of the amount donated.

E.g. If he donated £100k, then he''d pay £41k less tax as a result, so the net cost is £59k.

I would imagine he probably makes the "donation" via his company, and gets a corporation tax deduction at 28%. 

Who is Carl Moore?

Someone who operates on the very edge of the law ...but has only been caught once.

Was a nasty piece of work in his youth and has spent time at her majesty`s pleasure.

Leopards dont change their spots and any money he puts in to the club is for his personal benefit and nothing else.

[quote user="McCanary"]

Who is Carl Moore?

Someone who operates on the very edge of the law ...but has only been caught once.

Was a nasty piece of work in his youth and has spent time at her majesty`s pleasure.

Leopards dont change their spots and any money he puts in to the club is for his personal benefit and nothing else.

[/quote]

Still is IMO, have had many run ins with him!

He is not somebody i would want to business with & the money he has out into NCFC has been for his own benefit.

When he was paying for Lita, he ripped the poor guy to shreds one day for missing from close range!( and yes i know he was paying his wages etc)

Why are we suddenly taking about him again anyway?

[quote user="Spud1973"][quote user="McCanary"]

Who is Carl Moore?

[/quote]

Still is IMO, have had many run ins with him!

He is not somebody i would want to business with & the money he has out into NCFC has been for his own benefit.

When he was paying for Lita, he ripped the poor guy to shreds one day for missing from close range!( and yes i know he was paying his wages etc)

Why are we suddenly taking about him again anyway?

[/quote]Apparently because Pompey Yellow has a reaction time of over 12 months to a post. And if he''s such a nasty piece of work,why are people slagging him off on a public forum? Seems a little unwise to me.