Sign in to follow this  
Gentleman Jim

Would Dion have done better ?

Yes I know he was a managerial new boy, and PG was a new boy disaster, and I know hindsight is a wonderful talent but .....

He did have the respect of everyone, players, management and supporters alike. He is Norwich City at heart and is a very experienced professional footballer.

He did throw his hat in the ring for the managers job any many liked the idea whilst many more shuddered at Roeder''s appointment, so this post is not entirely in hindsight.

Accademic I know but I feel he would have done good for us.

I didn''t realise he applied for the managers job.

After hearing what he had to say at the Yarmouth meeting, including his comments about Roeder and Hucks, I would bite his hand off.

Having said that, it is probably a tad early to be looking to remove Roeder but if things don''t improve and with new ownership..............

[quote user="Potless Percy "]

If the loan policy was Roeder''s idea, then yes.  But no one could have made much headway under the present ownership.

[/quote]Worthy did.........

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="Potless Percy "]

If the loan policy was Roeder''s idea, then yes.  But no one could have made much headway under the present ownership.

[/quote]

Worthy did.........
[/quote]

Worthy did briefly.......

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="Potless Percy "]

[/quote]

Worthy did.........
[/quote]

Yes quite. I sometimes wonder whether the board saw that coming when they appointed him. 

Its a litte irrelevant who the manager is when you have a shoestring budget and a poor squad at your disposal (from last season). I really dont think anyone could have got any more quality signings in, whether it be on loan or permanent than GR has made. Another manager may have had a little more luck, thats all!!

It''s a silly phrase, but it''s what Dion is - a man''s man. And since there are 30 or so men at a club who we depend on to kick a ball in one net and keep it out of another, if you can''t get on with, communicate with and understand each one of those men, you''re going to have problems. And that''s a very difficult task in anyone''s book. It''s all about man management - Roeder does it well with some of them, but certainly not all of them. Was talking about this in another thread re Martin O''Neill. And i definitely think Dion could be in the same mould as O''Neill. If he does go in to management, i think he could eventually be right up there with O''Neill.

Ferguson understands man management like few others and is a master of it. In fact, i think he gets better at it every season, which is why he consistently takes good players and makes them into world beaters. Very few good players go to Man U and quietly leave again not having become even better. Shevchenko, Pizarro, Wright-Philips at Chelsea on the other hand are cases of the complete opposite. And you''d lose count of the supposedly good players who have gone to Liverpool and left again with their tails between their legs! Scolari looks like he might have the magic touch too - Malouda was going the same way as Shevchenko until he came in and now he looks much more like a player who cost, er what was it, £20m?

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]I didn''t realise he applied for the managers job.

After hearing what he had to say at the Yarmouth meeting, including his comments about Roeder and Hucks, I would bite his hand off.

Having said that, it is probably a tad early to be looking to remove Roeder but if things don''t improve and with new ownership..............[/quote]As far as I know, Dublin DIDN''T put his name in for manager. He wanted to move back home with his family.I think Roeder was the right replacement, People seem to have forgotten how much he did for us last season or we could well have been in League 1 this year...