Sign in to follow this  
blacko

Last nights reserves

The first team players needed for the weekend were all given one hour, so no Brennen again. I thought he had a good pre season and thought he would at least have made the squad, with his versatility.

Leon scored, again, good man, like to too him get a bit longer this week.

Amazing attendance of over 2100, especially with the England game the same night.

Did any of you go? I would like to hear how the players got on.

I agree and would have liked to have seen Brennan included. This is not a crticism of Bentley or Johnson its just a case of horses for courses :-

Green

Edworthy/Fleming/Charlton/Drury

Helveg/Holt/Francis/Brennan

McKenzie/Huckerby

Subs (don''t need defenders on the bench as Brennan or Helveg can drop back).

Ward
McVeigh
Johnson
Bentley
Svennson

I saw the goals on Sky Sports News. They showed them as part of the ongoing Carrick-to-Spurs story (apparently he sat in the stands).

McKenzie scored a scrappy goal after an almighty goalmouth scramble. But a goal''s a goal. West Ham''s goals were of better quality and cut our defence apart (I don''t know who was playing at centre half I''m afraid).

I can understand why Worthy is needing to bolster up our squad after seeing the reserves in action last night. Quite honestly, apart from the players with first team experience, I didn''t see any of the youngsters who looked anywhere capable of being introduced into the first team squad. Jason Shackell had a good game but I can''t think of anyone else worth a mention. West Ham played some superb football, particularly in the second half, when we hardly had a kick. We will certainly needsome more experienced players to have in reserve when injuries, suspensions etc kick in.

Blacko

yes, went to this, as i will to most of them i expect, what could be better, free entertainment right on my doorstep

to be honest i was impressed with 2000, although that figure does take a bit of believing !! apart from the rain in the first half which caused chaos it was a great night, we started off the better side (much like the first team game on sat) and gradually west ham took over, no one was particularly outstanding and as most first games of the season people are finding their feet a bit

any of you who haven''t been to a reserve game, do come along, the family night football was entertaining too, the dj was playing busted until me and my man had to tell him that busted support that team in suffolk!!! ah well, i suppose the tots were unaware :-)

the ncfc bouncy castle is ace too!! wish i was young enough to get a go on it!