Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

can Cam confirm Litas hat trick?

or will the press have Clingan and 2 of Litas goals down as own goals?

Thought giving Clinkers as an O G(which tye said on the radio after the game) was Harsh! Litas 1st got touched over the line by the defender.... not sure about the one in the river end as too far to see!

jas :)

From having seen the goals on Sky, it would be a bit harsh for Lita''s goals not to count as his - his first was on its way in, and the last did appear to be deflected, but not really any more than Croft''s vs Sheff Utd.   Many goals get bigger deflections and remain the property of the striker, so I can''t see any reason for those to be any different

Hard to say. Think Clingans will go down as OG unless it was already over the line by the time the keeper had it. Litas first I think was his, the defender had no time to react to it. Litas third I havent seen a replay of.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Thought giving Clinkers as an O G(which tye said on the radio after the game) was Harsh! Litas 1st got touched over the line by the defender.... not sure about the one in the river end as too far to see!

[/quote]

Lita is down as a hat trick.  Mr Croft got his goal, as I understand, when Lita''s fourth "goal" rebounded off the post.

Bloody loanees.  I don''t think they are committed.  Do you?

[8-|]

Either way, great win, well done.  Who cares about the details?[:P]

PA, Beeb and us all say Lita hat-trick. If the FA change it I''ll ring them up and shout Boooooooooooo down the phone at them.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]PA, Beeb and us all say Lita hat-trick. If the FA change it I''ll ring them up and shout Boooooooooooo down the phone at them.[/quote]

If the Press have decided it is a hat trick then it is a hat trick.

"What are you going on - Lita hat trick?"

"Yup".

Actually, if you''re reading this Coppell, Lita only scored once - the other two were own goals. Best you let him stay here a few more months....

[quote user="Jimbo_Jet_Set"]Lita''s third was clearly an own goal.  No way was it going in until the defender touched it. Sorry Leroy[/quote]

Either way why spoil a good story?  No team concedes own goals unless they are being pressurised by the attacking team in my experience.

Should every time a keeper''s glove is the last touch on the ball before it hits the net be an own goal?

It''s a deflection after all.[8-|]

Clingan shud claim his, it was on target, even if Ikeme did have a mare. Not sure so much on Lita''s 2nd, i''d give it him tho!

o.g, lita, croft, lita and then 5th i thought went straight in from my angle obviously dodgy angle and far away but would have said freekick taker

Good luck folks, I''m far from sure that the poor old soul can count.

He stated and repeated on another thread that we had only spent a year in the Premiership, and when it was pointed out that 1 + 1 +1 +1 = 4  he promptly clammed up.

Maybe as far as numbers are concerned his views should come with a Government Health Warning - in blue?

OTBC

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Lita is down as a hat trick.  Mr Croft got his goal, as I understand, when Lita''s fourth "goal" rebounded off the post.

Bloody loanees.  I don''t think they are committed.  Do you?

[8-|]

Either way, great win, well done.  Who cares about the details?[:P]

[/quote]

True.  Just shows how committed Lita is into getting back in the Reading team.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Clingan shud claim his, it was on target, even if Ikeme did have a mare. Not sure so much on Lita''s 2nd, i''d give it him tho![/quote]Lita''s second was his lob! I''m sure you mean his third, (which, from sitting from behind the goal,) was clearly an own goal by the defender.I think Clingan should have his though, it WAS technically on-target.