Sign in to follow this  
Bomber

Lets not get too excited

After all this is Norwich we are talking about - all teams have at least one cracking result during a season and this was probably ours last night - we will probably all be brought straight back down to earth on Saturday when Doncaster will probably take a point or all three off of us - not that I wish this to happen but we only seem to be able to raise our game  against the big teams - having supported them all my life and been through the ups and downs as I am sure most of you have I know what we are like and know we are capable of hitting the low just as we hit the high last night - I am keeping my feet firmly on the ground and if on Saturday we have secured all three points will feel much the better for it.  Cracking result though and nice to wake up this morning and  have that feel good factor for a change.

Good post Bomber. What an excellent result, just proves how good we can be when everyone is playing to their potential. It would be nice to go on a good run now. We still have lita for a few more games and if everyone stays fit i cant see why we cant get a few more wins like that.

The problem will be saturday. Against good teams we raise our game and we play very well but against teams like doncaster we usually go through the motions and ends up 0-0. If we can reproduce the type of performance against wolves on saturday then im very sure we will win quite comfortably and i will be a very happy man. ( Going to enjoy it while it lasts ).

everything went norwich way last night (thats not a knock)

i think the most important thing is how both clubs carry on after our performances

we need to bounce straight back

you if get a win on weekend will grow a bit of confidence and could possibly go on a run

"Let''s not get too excited" - I''m not. As Roeder says, we have to beware Saturday having the air of "After the Lord Mayor''s Show" about it, as has happened on a number of occasions in the past.

Totally agree Bomber, been there many times before as you said, a brilliant result but worth doodly if we can''t beat Doncaster.

This happens all the time with us, we have a cracking result and then it all go boobs up in the very next game...BUT let''s hope this has given certain players the boost they have needed for months and we go on a run.

Don''t get me wrong here, and i''m not usually a pessamistic person but i can''t see it happening myself, i think it''s just a flash in the pan and sincerely hope they prove me wrong !

[quote user="huckster"]

Totally agree Bomber, been there many times before as you said, a brilliant result but worth doodly if we can''t beat Doncaster.

This happens all the time with us, we have a cracking result and then it all go boobs up in the very next game...BUT let''s hope this has given certain players the boost they have needed for months and we go on a run.

Don''t get me wrong here, and i''m not usually a pessamistic person but i can''t see it happening myself, i think it''s just a flash in the pan and sincerely hope they prove me wrong !

[/quote]

I don''t think any of us should get carried away, but to look forward to the next game and go with the same mood of last night against Donny and hope the Binners get a wolloping putting us above them which is what we all want, so lets keep up the Tempo

I understand the sentiment but it is only right for fans to be excited; arrive at the ground expectant and give off a positive atmosphere.

It''s out underperforming manager and players who need to realise they have no given right to expect a win against Doncaster and to approach the game positively but with their work ethic heads on. I get annoyed by certain players bigging themselves up in the press after one result.

We expect our Club to be one of the best in the division as it is one of the biggest but as for the players they can call themselves a good team when the results and table reflect it.

And don''t write Doncaster off just because of their league position. By all accounts they are a good fooballing side who performed extremely well against Reading, but couldn''t put their chances away (who does that sound like?).Just hope the team don''t (unconsciously) underrate them.

[quote user="we8wba"]

everything went norwich way last night (thats not a knock)

i think the most important thing is how both clubs carry on after our performances

we need to bounce straight back

you if get a win on weekend will grow a bit of confidence and could possibly go on a run

[/quote]

Three defeats in the last four. Never mind.