Sign in to follow this  
Have Heart

1,2,3,4,5 lets hear the doubters now!

Perhaps tonights result will make a few people at the top at Carrow Road sit up and note what MIGHT be attainable here?

A good win, big crowd, players with confidence and showing it. Lita-brilliant! Earnshaw with workrate. Someone, somewhere, has got to try and get something put together to keep him here a little longer, the irony of it is, his hat trick tonight -and it should have been four- will have pricked up the ears of Steve Coppell as well as those at Bristol City and QPR, two clubs linked with him, and with the resources to buy him.

This is one to enjoy. But the very magnitude of the win and performance tonight makes Doncaster the most important match of the season. Follow up this result with another win, any win, and things might start to come together. Lapse back into the old ways and lose against Donny and we''re back to square one. Saturday is a big big game, we MUST win that one.

But well done to the players and the coaching team tonight-it clicked.

And Lita-he looks like he''s enjoying it here judging by his responses when he scored. Nice one and footballing peace of mind for a few days!

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

My thoughts HH?..........I  blooody well predicted a win this afternoon!

http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1434297/ShowPost.aspx

Do keep up my man.[:D]

[/quote]

Aah yes this afternoon Wiz.. but how does that prediction fit in with the six  straight defeats you predicted last week. The only safe prediction is that you''ll change your mind again and again and again and again [|-)]

[;)]

tonight wasn''t a fluke - as i speculated, similar to when we got stuffed 4-0 at arsenal in the prem forcing worthy is change tack and personnel, maybe saturday was a similar moment for roedy - we saw roedy pick a strong spine,,,steffs and the docclinkers and rustysibs and lita...these combo''s simply outplayed the league leaders, especially in the middle where we bossed ''em...and in addition - roedy made a needs must selection, he brought back hooley (who had a great game) and dropped matty patty...maybe, roedy can see the benefit of having 2 good workhorses in the middle, thereby allowing 2 creative players to ply the wings???keep it up ncfc... 

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]we saw roedy pick a strong spine,,,

steffs and the doc

clinkers and rusty

sibs and lita...

these combo''s simply outplayed the league leaders,
[/quote]

LGT - I don''t disagree, isn''t this the first time these combos have been available for Roeder to select this season? Clingan and Russell granted, but how many times have the other pairs been available, let alone to play as 3 pairs together?

Let''s hope for a bit of continuity and injury-free run of matches.

It''s amazing what can be achieved simply by playing players in their right position and setting out with the intention of winning the game. A superb performance and a thoroughly deserved win, the money problems still remain but let''s just enjoy the moment. We certainly deserve it after all we''ve been through, and don''t anyone get to confident of beating Donny on Saturday. This is Norwich we''re talking about and so many times over the years I''ve seen us put in a decent performance and follow it with a poor one against a team we really should beat.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

Perhaps tonights result will make a few people at the top at Carrow Road sit up and note what MIGHT be attainable here?

A good win, big crowd, players with confidence and showing it. Lita-brilliant! Earnshaw with workrate. Someone, somewhere, has got to try and get something put together to keep him here a little longer, the irony of it is, his hat trick tonight -and it should have been four- will have pricked up the ears of Steve Coppell as well as those at Bristol City and QPR, two clubs linked with him, and with the resources to buy him.

This is one to enjoy. But the very magnitude of the win and performance tonight makes Doncaster the most important match of the season. Follow up this result with another win, any win, and things might start to come together. Lapse back into the old ways and lose against Donny and we''re back to square one. Saturday is a big big game, we MUST win that one.

But well done to the players and the coaching team tonight-it clicked.

And Lita-he looks like he''s enjoying it here judging by his responses when he scored. Nice one and footballing peace of mind for a few days!

[/quote]

Good balanced view, unlike Have Heart''s who now thinks after one good result he has somehow proved everyone wrong. Still great win.

Completely agree Kdncfc. What we need most of all is consistency and to play a strong team and not chop and change them. Great to see though several loan players really going for it tonight, especially Lita and Sib. Also great to see Hoolahan, some real moments of magic there tonight, hope he''s in for an extended run.

But for tonight, it was great to see us finally score some goals, although Wolves did help us to a couple lol

Fudger was at Carrow Road tonight... my spies are everywhere!

As for op.. 1 swallow does not a summer make.... Wolves were awful and had an idiot in goal! id be spurised if he ever plays another professional game in hi slife! 4 of the 5 goals were his fault i thought with his positioning etc....

We need to build on this result... not win one then lose loads.. we have won just 3 games this season... and we still dont look anything like a decent side...

im delighted we scored 5 goals and we won.. but if Wolves had played like they did at the start of the season.. rather than in the middle of a blip, would we even of got the ball out of our own half?

jas :)

[quote user="Tom"]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]we saw roedy pick a strong spine,,,steffs and the docclinkers and rustysibs and lita...these combo''s simply outplayed the league leaders, [/quote]

LGT - I don''t disagree, isn''t this the first time these combos have been available for Roeder to select this season? Clingan and Russell granted, but how many times have the other pairs been available, let alone to play as 3 pairs together?

Let''s hope for a bit of continuity and injury-free run of matches.

[/quote]sure - a settled side would be welcome - but imo it was apparent as far as back as blackpool match, that rusty and clinkers were the best pairing in the middle, but (maybe understandably) roedy kept faith with fozzy in the middle, while the steffs/kennedy pairing is maybe as good as steffs/doc, but sibs/lita looks better than sibs/lupes...also hooley is more creative than matty patty...so yeah, maybe roedy has stumbled upon his best side, through necessity, but i take your point also because its the first chance (aside from bristol) that these pairings have been available...maybe 3 defeats on the bounce concentrated the minds of the management - we needed a win tonight (or a draw and a good display) to steady the ship!!!

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Completely agree Kdncfc. What we need most of all is consistency and to play a strong team and not chop and change them. Great to see though several loan players really going for it tonight, especially Lita and Sib. Also great to see Hoolahan, some real moments of magic there tonight, hope he''s in for an extended run. But for tonight, it was great to see us finally score some goals, although Wolves did help us to a couple lol[/quote]

I thought Hoolahan was excellent tonight, they all looked like they really wanted it and it''s not often we have been able to say that in recent years..

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]Yes of course, one positive result will change our season, it will instantly fix all the underlying problems at this club such as the ''little Norwich'' attitude, the lack of investment and the over-reliance on loans. This ONE SINGLE result will change our season.

Jesus H Christ some of our fans are easily pleased.
[/quote]

Pray tell how anyone (even P. Cullum) can change that? We are, like a lot of clubs, not seen as a big club. Spend ten years around the top of the Premiership and that may change but you can''t blame anyone for that outsider''s perception.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

As for op.. 1 swallow does not a summer make.... Wolves were awful and had an idiot in goal! id be spurised if he ever plays another professional game in hi slife! 4 of the 5 goals were his fault i thought with his positioning etc....

We need to build on this result... not win one then lose loads.. we have won just 3 games this season... and we still dont look anything like a decent side...

im delighted we scored 5 goals and we won.. but if Wolves had played like they did at the start of the season.. rather than in the middle of a blip, would we even of got the ball out of our own half?

[/quote]

Oh no he wasn''t... whoever told you that???

He did share a [B] or two with some City fans in The Nelson prior to and after the game though... some getting carried away at the slightest whiff of success as usual (while other who were more down to earth and predicted this result were perhaps more concerned as to what would happen against Doncaster on Saturday).

[quote user="Nostradamus"]

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]Yes of course, one positive result will change our season, it will instantly fix all the underlying problems at this club such as the ''little Norwich'' attitude, the lack of investment and the over-reliance on loans. This ONE SINGLE result will change our season.Jesus H Christ some of our fans are easily pleased.[/quote]

Pray tell how anyone (even P. Cullum) can change that? We are, like a lot of clubs, not seen as a big club. Spend ten years around the top of the Premiership and that may change but you can''t blame anyone for that outsider''s perception.

[/quote]It''s not the outsider''s perception that''s the problem, it''s the attitude displayed by the board and the management here. All through the Premiership season we had to endure it, the problem is it''s now stuck, success is seen merely as a pipe dream than an expectation.

I don''t think any of us woyuld deny that it was a good performance and result tonight.  That said, connon sesne says we should question the extent that we played well and Wolves played badly. 

Roder may have finally got the team selection right, but, unfortunately it lookd as though the most talented player currently in the team is going back to Reading after the Doncaster game.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

He did share a [B] or two with some City fans in The Nelson prior to and after the game though... some getting carried away at the slightest whiff of success as usual (while other who were more down to earth and predicted this result were perhaps more concerned as to what would happen against Doncaster on Saturday).

[/quote]

you were seen near the Barclay Exit gate at Carrow Road before the game.... weren''t you talking to Mr Tilson then?

next time instead of the spy i''ll send the sniper! ;)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

you were seen near the Barclay Exit gate at Carrow Road before the game.... weren''t you talking to Mr Tilson then?

[/quote]

Smudger was trying to sneak in, after hearing norwich were winning.

Birmingham, now Wolves.......two good performances that make the other dross performances look worse. Enjoyed it but still think that it is the cracks papered over.

Still worried, still a realist, 3 wins in 12 still isn''t anywhere near where acceptable. 

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes I was there but I did not step foot inside the ground,

Yes I had a chat with Mr Tilson in The Nelson before and after the match.

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]Saturdays game is the real test, let''s see if we can perform against poorer opposition in the division as this is where we usually slip up.[/quote]fair comment - its been in ncfc''s dna over the years to beat the top teams and then lose to the bottom ones...another win would do us well - especially with some tricky games coming up after, but after last night, we should fear no-one,,,

[quote user="Salahuddin"]Lita basically scored 4 of those goals tonight. so what happens when he goes!!!  sorry to ruin the party atmosphere but I think that is an important point, we still need a quality striker.[/quote]

Miserable git.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes I was there but I did not step foot inside the ground,

Yes I had a chat with Mr Tilson in The Nelson before and after the match.

[/quote]

Like i said Smudger.. my spies are everywhere....

ever been photod in a suit near the Cathedral at all?

Like i said Smudger.. my spies are everywhere....

ever been photod in a suit near the Cathedral at all - jas

If he knew that, it would mean your spies suck because they got IDed.

We''ll know if it was just a one-off at 5pm on Saturday. Then it might be only a two-off, if we achieve a good result on the day, who knows! I''m not getting too carried away after one good performance and an excellent result. After all, it still seems to be the case that any team can beat any other team on their day in this division. We''ve seen some extraordinary results over the last few seasons. Another thing is; How good are we without a Leroy Lita in goal-scoring form? I''m convinced that he won''t be with us too much longer, and I don''t know what the answer will be then.

[quote user="Seaman Staines"]We''ll know if it was just a one-off at 5pm on Saturday. Then it might be only a two-off, if we achieve a good result on the day, who knows! I''m not getting too carried away after one good performance and an excellent result. After all, it still seems to be the case that any team can beat any other team on their day in this division. We''ve seen some extraordinary results over the last few seasons. Another thing is; How good are we without a Leroy Lita in goal-scoring form? I''m convinced that he won''t be with us too much longer, and I don''t know what the answer will be then.[/quote]

good post! once Lita goes, its unlikely he will return, what then?

I was saying on Tuesday night that the singing of Lita was a panic loan to appease the fans, i still feel this... althought it has worked... it would be very naive of the board and the manager to think that Lita will be here beyond the duration of the loan... a Plan B is needed or all the work will of been undone and we will slide down the league again.

[quote user="Dicky"]

[quote user="Salahuddin"]Lita basically scored 4 of those goals tonight. so what happens when he goes!!!  sorry to ruin the party atmosphere but I think that is an important point, we still need a quality striker.[/quote]

Miserable git.

[/quote]

Our happy-clapper-in-chief strikes again. We DO still need a a quality striker who can commit to the club; in case you havent noticed, Lita is on the shortest term loan possible (which, furthermore, wasn''t even financed by our club!)

But of course, in your deluded world, any statement of fact is "miserable".

[quote user="Jim Duffy"][quote user="Dicky"]

Miserable git.

[/quote]

Our happy-clapper-in-chief strikes again. We DO still need a a quality striker who can commit to the club; in case you havent noticed, Lita is on the shortest term loan possible (which, furthermore, wasn''t even financed by our club!)

But of course, in your deluded world, any statement of fact is "miserable".

[/quote]

What the f*** is the point in supposedly supporting a team if you can''t enjoy the good bits?  We whooped the league leaders in style, the atmosphere was brilliant - I spent 9 hours in a car getting there and back, getting home at 3am in the morning and having to get up at 7am.  Do I care?  No, because it was a fantastic match and I loved every second of it.  Stop moaning, stop looking for the negatives in everything (it''s the easiest thing in the world to be negative) and just enjoy.  Bring on Doncaster - OTBC.