Sign in to follow this  
ncfc90

Fotheringham

Good to see at last roeder has dropped fotheringham completly from the 16 man squad, as he doesn''t deserve to be there

Good to see when Fotheringham doesn''t play he is not their to pointlessly insist on taking every single set peice. Despite being awful at set peices. Without him to order he takes them, Clingan steps up and scores. If fozzy comes back into the team and insists on taking them ahead of Clingan it will drive me mad...

Agreed - a much more balanced team without Fotheringham in the side and our set pieces are far more effective.

Yer i thought clingans freekicks were actually not bad last night, compared to the crap fotheringham usually serves up, either never beats first man, or over hit

In all fairness, Fozzy''s free kicks and corners were a lot better than Huckerbys, who never beat the first man. Hucks could deliver a pin point cross from open play, but from a set piece he was terible.

[quote user="ncfc90"]Good to see at last roeder has dropped fotheringham completly from the 16 man squad, as he doesn''t deserve to be there[/quote]

Too right - Ive got one word for Fotheringham reserved for the end of the season -BBBYYYYEEEEEEE.

Hope he enjoys the Scottish 2nd division.

Perhaps he can now go and join a club that matches his own ambitions.  At long last we have a decent midfield pairing in Russell and Clingan.

[quote user="ncfc90"]Good to see at last roeder has dropped fotheringham completly from the 16 man squad, as he doesn''t deserve to be there[/quote]

Although I agree with your sentiments, I wouldn''t hold your breath.  He was injured.  Had a pulled hamstring.

Let''s not be vindictive - we may need them at some stage and he can certainly do a half decent job on his day. I''m sure we have fielded far worse than Fotheringham and will do again. But the much maligned Pattison (by me for one) has been more effective of late but a midfield selected from Clingan, Hoolahan, Russell, Croft, Belll, Chadwick - and even Lappin would currently get my vote ahead of either of them! Let''s hope the manager has finally accepted that too.