Sign in to follow this  
stevencfc4eva

wot is the lyrics to the song sung at the wolves game?

Wat  is the lyrics sung at wolves game? i no the it was the tune of  Sloop John B (Beach Boys) but i dont no wat lyrics we were singing. i sit at the front of the barcly and a few people were singing it at the back.

So hoist up the John B''s sail
See how the mainsail sets
Call for the Captain ashore
Let them go home, they wanna go home
They wanna go home, yeah yeah
This is the worst trip they''ve ever been on.

It was well funny! Well done the lads beside me[Y] Shame it didn''t really catch on to the whole stand.

[quote user="Iwan is God"]"They want to go home, they want to go home.... This is the worst trip they''ve ever been on"[/quote]

I doubt if that is a NCFC fans'' original, is it? That sounds like the sort of thing that could be sung on the terraces at any ground in the country to me.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

So hoist up the John B''s sailSee how the mainsail setsCall for the Captain ashoreLet them go home, they wanna go homeThey wanna go home, yeah yeahThis is the worst trip they''ve ever been on.

It was well funny! Well done the lads beside me[Y] Shame it didn''t really catch on to the whole stand.

[/quote]Was sat in the River End and didn''t hear this unfortunately! That must have been hilarious! Pity it didn''t catch on.

It was sung by a group of lads on the back row next to me (end of Block E going into D block). These are the guys who start a lot of the singing in our area. Funny thing was they didn''t know all the words until some of us oldies filled in the gaps.

It was great - shame it didn''t spread to the whole ground but effective all the less and priceless seeing the Wolves fans leaving in their droves.

It''s an old Beach Boys song by the way incase anyone doesn''t know it. Hope we can sing it again and again and again!