Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Delia has more balls than...

... Smudger and the other keyboard warriors on here [:O]

All week I read about chanting and anti-board demonstrations "kicking off" at the game tonight. But the only kicking off I saw was Wolves six times [;)]

Yes Wolves won the "kick offs" 6-3 [;)]

But there you go. Delia walked on the pitch to face the protesting hoards. There were a few boos and a few people applauded and then she left again. Not a protest in sight.

Saucer of milk anyone?

The cook should still FO though. One win doesn''t make a season although a welcome relief and needs to be followed up with a ruthless dispatching of Doncaster, on and off the pitch! 

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

... Smudger and the other keyboard warriors on here [:O]

All week I read about chanting and anti-board demonstrations "kicking off" at the game tonight. But the only kicking off I saw was Wolves six times [;)]

Yes Wolves won the "kick offs" 6-3 [;)]

But there you go. Delia walked on the pitch to face the protesting hoards. There were a few boos and a few people applauded and then she left again. Not a protest in sight.

Saucer of milk anyone?

[/quote]

Eh, I think someone has memory loss. Cast your mind back to the three games previous Nigel. Will you ever learn?

Eh???

Well she would of heard something if I was there Nutty.

Not surprising to see so many of you falling over yourselves to applaud what a successful club we are after just 3 victories in 12 league games.

I wouldn''t like to rain on your parade, but Wolves had a bad day at the office and Lita (who will be going back to Reading in 2 weeks was on fire by all accounts).

PS - Wolves have conceded more goals than anybody in this division except Sheff Weds and Nottingham Forest.

Would you like to have a flutter that we are still no more than 3 points off the bottom 3 in 4 weeks time???

What memory loss? I don''t remember protests at Southampton and Bristol, wasn''t at the Derby game but no protests were reported on here. Tonight was supposed to be the night it was going to kick off. I read it on here all week up to this afternoon. But I guess if these keyboard warriors don''t have the stomach to protest when we lose they are hardly likely to have the guts when we win.

What do you remember that I don''t?

[quote user="Smudger"]

Would you like to have a flutter that we are still no more than 3 points off the bottom 3 in 4 weeks time???

[/quote]

£20 payable to East Anglian Childrens Hospice say''s we will be more than 3 points off the bottom 5pm Nov 15th. I''ll even buy you a pint when you hand the money over [B]

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

£20 payable to East Anglian Childrens Hospice say''s we will be more than 3 points off the bottom 3 at 5pm Nov 15th. I''ll even buy you a pint when you hand the money over [B]

[quote user="Smudger"]

Eh???

Not surprising to see so many of you falling over yourselves to applaud what a successful club we are after just 3 victories in 12 league games.

I wouldn''t like to rain on your parade, but Wolves had a bad day at the office and Lita (who will be going back to Reading in 2 weeks was on fire by all accounts).

PS - Wolves have conceded more goals than anybody in this division except Sheff Weds and Nottingham Forest.

[/quote]

You rain on all parades.  You are what is technically known in the trade as a complete ****

Or what is known on the News Desk telephone as: "FFS it''s him again."

"Okay, I''ve taken a note of what you have said.  Thanks for your call."

[:|]

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Smudger"]

Eh???

[/quote]

You rain on all parades.  You are what is technically known in the trade as a complete ****

[/quote]

The keyboard warrior trade, I assume.[:-*]

OTBC

you''re right NN, Delia walked on the pitch at half time, and only me and the guy next to me were giving her any stick in the area where I was. Did have a lot to do with the fact that we were winning, don''t think she would have got such a generous reaction if we had been two or three down!

It was a fantastic night, been a long time coming and I can''t remember the last time that most of the Barclay were on their feet for almost the whole of the game, however Smudger is right in that Leroy will be back at Reading in a couple of weeks and we will be still in the sh**. What last night amply illustrates is - that you need a bit of class to win games. Our Board /owners do not have the will or ability to buy that bit of class, and until they or someone else puts a decent amount of money in, then performances like last night will be rare events.

Oh, and for all the anti Doherty brigade, he was excellent last night.

Nutty, I am not really one who is going to boo Delia, but neither can I find it in me to cheer her either. I think what happened tonight sums up the general mood well. In the Lower Barclay (upper section near the top) there were a few boos and a couple of people clapped, but the majority of fans by then were in the bar!!

During the game there were no anti board chants, neither were there any Delia''s barmy army etc, not even one, and there hasn''t been any for some time. I did wonder whether there might be a call for Delia to confirm the score, but there wasn''t - or one for Roeder either.

It was a great match, fantastic support tonight and some great fast attacking football. A great night to have gone and seen some football. Does one match make a season though? No. One like this every four or five matches and I think Delia can rest easy. More often will be fantastic for everyone but possibly not realistic. Only a couple more decent games like this all season and we will witness the same unrest. But for now, we can all enjoy a great night. I do hope however that things are going on behind the scenes which will mean we can build on tonight''s performance, not just keep our fingers crossed that we will play that well again.

[quote user="Cannycanary"]

I am just so pleased that we won......It''s such a shame the keyboard protesters can''t enjoy this moment..

[/quote]

So am I. 

Was it hugely enjoyable?  Yes.

Does it make our problems disappear in a puff of magic fairy dust?  No.

There are too many people on both sides of the debate who rush to the keyboard to score points after every game.  Up to a point it''s harmless banter but I for one am starting to find it very very boring.

Sounds like most of the Happy Clappies failed to notice the irony in a player that Delia couldn''t even afford to bring to the club scoring three of the goals last night.

I must admit NN that I admired her courage, although I questioned the wisdom, of her coming on the pitch at half time.

To be fair around me (River End) I heard no boos, but several incredulous gasps, and only two or three clapping (the only one close enough to see was actually stopped by his Dad).

You have to seperate this from the game, and the message if it is taken on Board by the Club was that support has at the least wilted.

I did voice my discord from my position in the Jarrold only to be met by silence all around me.

Smudger sums it up when he says "Well she would of heard something if I was there Nutty".

You weren''t and neither were any of your keyboard warrior friends who bleat like sheep on here only to do nothing. I cut a lonely furrow from my seat whilst the rest of you board outers sat at home trying to find your missing bollocks.[:@]

The only sheep on this message board are Smudger,Wiz and co who bleat alot and do nothing. At least a handfull of us had balls,will I bother again....Probably not.[:@]  Bah,bah,bah.

I booed her when she came on but didn''t notice anyone around me booing, there was only a very few people applauding though which says it all for me. There would have been rapturous applause 2 or 3 years ago with the queen lapping up her applause from all around the ground, if we had been getting tonked I''m sure thre''d have been a few more boos.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]

The only sheep on this message board are Smudger,Wiz and co who bleat alot and do nothing. 

[/quote]

Excuse me.  Withdrawing financial support from the club by staying away IS doing something, however minimal.

[quote user="Potless Percy "][quote user="IncH_HigH"]

The only sheep on this message board are Smudger,Wiz and co who bleat alot and do nothing. 

[/quote]

Excuse me.  Withdrawing financial support from the club by staying away IS doing something, however minimal.

[/quote]

The most lame of excuses. You stay away and somebody else fills your seat, who noticed your missing.....Knowbody.

At least somebody heard me and the few others. But hey you sit at your keyboard and bleat with the rest of your sheepish friends.

[quote user="Smudger"]

Eh???

[/quote]

Smudge, how about looking at it another way, the way we played made them have a bad day at the office?[;)]

[quote user="IncH_HigH"][quote user="Potless Percy "][quote user="IncH_HigH"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The most lame of excuses. You stay away and somebody else fills your seat, who noticed your missing.....Knowbody.

At least somebody heard me and the few others. But hey you sit at your keyboard and bleat with the rest of your sheepish friends.

[/quote]

If someone takes my place there''s nothing I can do about it.  But it''s a no win situation, if I carried on "bleating" and still forked out every week I''d get "we don''t need people like you at Carrow Road".

I''ve also written to the board several times and spoken up at the AGM.  But in reality there''s precious little anyone can do if the club''s owner''s are as determined to maintain control as they seem to be. 

The Cook would have been nowhere near the pitch if we weren''t winning. It would have shown more balls to be on the pitch before the game, but no as ever she is only about when things are going well. Cue picture in EDP and grinning on Look East with the sound of the happy clappers in the background.

The cook did nothing to get last nights result but she wants all the glory. Now you can see the real reason why she won''t sell. Self Promotion.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]You rain on all parades.  You are what is technically known in the trade as a complete ****

[/quote]At least he''s a City fan Cam............you''re not![:|]

I didn''t boo because i was in the bar in such a good mood enjoying my pint.[:P] Do you think she would have walked on the pitch at half time if we were losing? I doubt it very much.[;)]

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]

[/quote]Oh how little you really know about me![:|]

Likewise Wiz, where were all the board outers last night when like me they were presented with the perfect opportunity to voice their discord.

There were a few lonely voices amongst the thousands of content fans. There are enough bleating on here but when push came to shove their bollocks shrank.

One winner last night.......Delia.[:@]

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]

Likewise Wiz, where were all the board outers last night when like me they were presented with the perfect opportunity to voice their discord.

There were a few lonely voices amongst the thousands of content fans. There are enough bleating on here but when push came to shove their bollocks shrank.

[/quote]

So what are you suggesting?  That we have mystical powers and should somehow have known Delia would put in an appearance last night, and turned up just to boo her?  And if we had, would half a dozen more among "thousands of content fans" have made any difference?

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]

[/quote]Really?

I would have said the long suffering fans first, then Roeder and the players............but I just see things differently I guess![:|]