Sign in to follow this  
BlueJam

Is Iverson coming in January?

I know the saga during the summer and early season, but I thought he might end up with us in January?I will be suprised if we get Lita long term, as people have said - his wages will be too high and ''m not sure about Sib really. He is doing an OK job, but I think we need a forward who can hold the ball up better (although in fairness Sib was actually pretty good on Tuesday). It was interesting that Tuesday night Marshall was kicking to Lita more often than not. I guess he must really be 6''2 and the flood lights are deceptive? Or maybe his muscle was the reason....Anyway, Iverson in Januray or not?

No - in the present circumstances. I am disappointed that GR spent so much time over the summer trying to get Iversen, and apparently we had the money to buy. Now Doncaster says there is no money.The tragedy is that GR overlooked some very passable strikers during the summer, with no fall back position if Iversen''s club didn''t play ball. The result is that we now have only three effective strikers, ignoring Curo but including Arturo, and all are on loan.Despite selling Shackell, and leaving ourselves short of cover at CD, it seems we have no money, and little prospect of spending in January to find a good striker or two.I appreciate that Delia and Co do not like Cullum and have been trying to find other finance, but unless we find some finance I think we could struggle to remain in the Championship. So far by ingenious loan arrangements GR has just about kept us in, but we can''t rely on this for ever.

Depends on various things i suppose, i don''t think our financial situation is so bad where we can''t invest but neither is it looking good.