Sign in to follow this  
ndhscanary

How much would Lita cost

After last nights hat-trick some fans are already talking about getting Lita permanently. But how much do you guys think that it would cost to get him? I know a few years ago after the u21 european championships Bolton offered something in the region of 4 million but reading turned him down but that was when he seemed to be on the top of his game. Since then though he has suffered a loss of form and has had a long running feud with Coppell so maybe that should lower the price.

Between £1 Million- £2 Million would be my guess though

Okay, he scored a hat trick.  One time.  Don''t get too excited until he shows that kind of form regularly, which won''t happen with us if he leaves next week.  Remember how Russel was the answer to our scoring needs when he scored a couple in the pre-season?  Because of a one time fluke, suddenly he was being played as striker and it proved to be a waste.

Strikers are a premium.  Just see what some of the numbers were being bandied about for Ameobi, and he hadn''t scored a Premiership goal in 2 years before this past weekend.  I''d say Lita would go for 2.5 million.

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]Strikers are a premium.  Just see what some of the numbers were being bandied about for Ameobi, and he hadn''t scored a Premiership goal in 2 years before this past weekend.  I''d say Lita would go for 2.5 million.[/quote]

He will be a free agent in the summer so £2.5 is way out priced, most Reading fans don''t want him back, QPR have been sniffing around, he don''t want to go thier, they wanted him on loan as well, We would do well to try and extend his loan till January and take it from there, But I think £750.000 would get him. he is 5th in line at Reading, most other clubs are somewhat well stocked too, we on the other hand, have Delia in charge so bye bye Leroy thanks for the memories.

If he really would go for 750,000 pounds, you can be sure NCFC will be offering 500,000 firm and unwilling to negotiate up from there.  Remember Taylor/Birmingham/QPR?Norwich fiasco?

[quote user="ndhscanary"]

After last nights hat-trick some fans are already talking about getting Lita permanently. But how much do you guys think that it would cost to get him? I know a few years ago after the u21 european championships Bolton offered something in the region of 4 million but reading turned him down but that was when he seemed to be on the top of his game. Since then though he has suffered a loss of form and has had a long running feud with Coppell so maybe that should lower the price.

Between £1 Million- £2 Million would be my guess though

[/quote]Isn''t he out of contract in the summer?  If so, he''d be available for up to £1m, can''t see it being more than that.  We couldn''t afford his wages on a permanent basis though, he''s got to be on way more than our maximum.

If Carl Moore will carry on paying some of his wages and he''s about a million on think our board might just suprise a few of us.

IMO it''s the Darren Huckerby conundrum again a player we deemed to be out of our price range but ended up doing a deal for but represents a gamble... and IMO Lita would be a gamble that reaps Huckerby-esque rewards, albeit not this season.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Okay, he scored a hat trick.  One time.  Don''t get too excited until he shows that kind of form regularly, which won''t happen with us if he leaves next week.  Remember how Russel was the answer to our scoring needs when he scored a couple in the pre-season?  Because of a one time fluke, suddenly he was being played as striker and it proved to be a waste.[/quote]I agree Houston, well pleased that he did it but lets see him continue in this vein and maybe we could get him....Russell is doing ok but attacking midfield is more his style than balls out forward (my opinion)And in answer to the original question.... Offer £750,000 and see what happens. Def not worth the upper figures posted on here so far unless he continues like last night

Considering he is out of favour at Reading about one million would get him.

Our best hope is to extent the loan to Janurary and hope we find an investor to come in and make the deal happen.

Unless we are taken over there isn''t a hope in hell that we could afford him, Delia couldn''t afford his boots.

One hat trick doesn''t a promotion make ! ...and I''ve got to say that he had two fortunate touches last night that went in, which most other times would have gone wide. Probably only his lob of their keeper after their mistake was a genuine finish, so let us see what he can do against Donny. Its funny how things can change after just a few days and having seen him at Ashton Gate where I thought he lacked real passion to really do much for us I had pretty much written him off for the rest of his spell with us...but I''m prepared to be hopeful that he can deliver a couple more wins before heading back to Reading. There is no doubt that he is an athlete and in a different league to Jamie and Arturo, but if he can inspire those two and Koroma to finish better, we dont have to be too disappointed that we wont be able to keep him.

Lita has a rather suss attitude at times hence the reason he fell out with Coppell and why 99% of Reading fans which I know would like to see the back of him, there could be a potential problem if he clashes with Roeder or disrupts the dressing room and judging by some of his antics whilst he has been at Reading it would only be a matter of time....

[quote user="Felixfan"]

Even if he came on a free we could not afford his wages.

[/quote]Bingo!I would guess he is on far more than any of our players currently at the club.The only way we could afford players like this on a long term deal is to offer them huge backend bonuses.Meaning they get a huge chunk if we get promoted to the Prem.

Reading hold the cards here... yes Lita is out of contr4act in the summer.. but who is going to risk trying to get him on a free when other clubs will gazump them... what.. oh.... :(

Id say about 1 million... its basically a Mexican standoff.. just wait and see who blinks first. the team that does signs him

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Reading hold the cards here... yes Lita is out of contr4act in the summer.. but who is going to risk trying to get him on a free when other clubs will gazump them... what.. oh.... :(

Id say about 1 million... its basically a Mexican standoff.. just wait and see who blinks first. the team that does signs him

[/quote]

Our board (and especially the CE) - will blink like they''re caught in a sandstorm in the Sahara - without wearing the necessary eye protection.

I can visualise Lita''s agent sat opposite the Donkster.....casually flicking hand fulls of pepper into the Chief Exec''s mince pies....

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]Norwich have no chance of signing Lita - we''d have to break the wage structure to get him, and the board won''t allow that.  He''ll be on way more than £8k/week.  Unless Carl Moore wants to pay his wages for a long time.

I see this ''wage structure'' and ''maximum wage'' story is still doing the rounds then.  Has anybody yet managed to prove the existence of such a wage structure?  As I understand it, this was posted as an opinion on here some time back and has been regurgitated as fact ever since.......