Sign in to follow this  
ZLF

Coventry

Quite comfortably citys worst display of the season compounded by a ref performance even worse than the Watford game.

However at least in the Watford game we created a host of chances that were not taken. Last night, and particularly the second half, their keeper hardly had a shot to save.

5 players had probably their worst game in city chirts (Hucks, Hendo, Francis, Holt and Edworthy) as the midfield failed to deliver any sort of support or quality ball to the front two.
How our midfield failed to contain a midfield containg a 40+ yr old (no matter how good he is with the ball) is beyond me.

And just as I post a note about Worthys improved tactical awareness he stuns the yella faithful by replacing Crouch, who was at the heart of any decent attacking moves, and leaving Henderson on the pitch. A swap of Henderson for Jarvis with Iwan and Crouch on the pith would be far more beneficial than taking Crouch off - unless he was injured, which didnt not seem to be the case.

And as I have said from the 3/4 game of the season having a bench with no defensive cover was bound to leave us short a some stage - Shackell MUST be a fixture on the bench to allow some cover for bizarre sendings offs or freakish injuries to our defensive players.

At least we dont have long to wait for the next game but a return to winning ways is a must.

OTBC

Have to agree with your points, we were very, very poor. The Pen looked very harsh and Malks shouldn''t have been booked for the first challenge, but now with Malks facing a ban Shackell is our only option at the back. The depth of the squad is now in question. Francis and Holt should have forced McAllister out of the game but just didn''t look at the races. McAllister bossed the midfield and thankfully Coventry''s finishing was absolutely shocking.

Lets look on the brightside

We apparently played badly - the weather was foul - it sounds as if the ref was not brilliant -players needlessly booked and sent off - a penalty against that was not - basically everything stacked against us - and we still got a point!

Very sad listening to the game on Canaries World - hers hoping for better things on Saturday

Absolutely right. Quite how the EDP can say Holt was our best player is beyond me. He had his worst game all season. Worthington HAS to get this ''I''ll always go with the tryers'' nonsense and admit when the likes of Holt are having a bad game. Henderson did virtually nothing all game except score (good on him for that) and that gave Edworthy far too much to do. Granted, the conditions were awful last night, but Mulryne should have been on with 30 mins to play, with Rivers on for Hendo not long after that. That way we could have kept the ball down and really taken it to them. As for taking Crouch off.... well, last night was the first time I''ve booed a substitution since the days of Hamilton. I think that says it all.
A good, top two performance with sensible team selection on Saturday please Mr Worthington.

Obviously myself and Gazza TCC discussed this a bit on the way home last night. He very rightly pointed out that we struggle against a 5 man midfield. There was no room last night, we were trying to walk the ball in and only got the goal when Weloveyou decided to start crossing the ball earlier rather than try to get to the bye-line.

Interesting to see what Crewe come up with and how we get round it.

it seems to be common knowledge that we cannot play against a team who fields a 5 man midfeild, we resort to route one tatics which again is so predictable and bread and butter for defenders. Last night, on a couple of occassions we played short passing football and we cut them to pieces.

Why if it is common knowledge why doesn''t worthington do something about changing and combating or plaaying round it....it does appear that he isn''t capable of it.. I am not saying he should far from it.. but I do find that he seems limited for a man with the top coaching badge