Sign in to follow this  
fuddrs

do people realise

can we keep lita can we buy this can we buy that . neil doomcaster said trnsfer budget bin used up lita only came from a handout from carl moore. wheres this money going to come from on this messageboard poeple have forgot were 19 million in debt and rising get real.

[quote user="fuddrs"]

can we keep lita can we buy this can we buy that . neil doomcaster said trnsfer budget bin used up lita only came from a handout from carl moore. wheres this money going to come from on this messageboard poeple have forgot were 19 million in debt and rising get real.

[/quote]You should check this out.

[quote user="fuddrs"]

[/quote]I''m getting fed up with this so called 19 million in debt. we are not, its a manageable debt, I''ve got a mortgage but that don''t put me in debt unless i don''t pay. have you decided to poke around on our board because Evans has probably started to charge you to use yours?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="fuddrs"]

[/quote]

You should check this out.

[/quote]

Glad the original poster pointed out that we are 19 million in debt, because I think we are still financially better off than about 18 teams in this league, which gives us a hell of a good chance of signing Lita ahead of them :)

[quote user="barclay_troy"][quote user="fuddrs"]

[/quote]I''m getting fed up with this so called 19 million in debt. we are not, its a manageable debt, I''ve got a mortgage but that don''t put me in debt unless i don''t pay. have you decided to poke around on our board because Evans has probably started to charge you to use yours?[/quote]

So ''manageable'' that there is NO player budget left for any new faces in January (by way of loans or permanent signings) UNLESS funded by someone outside the club or GR can sacrifice someone first to raise the dosh. Not to mention the most recent bail out from The Cook which helped the cashflow (for now). Our overall debt is rising like the guy says and out options are running out, not exactly my idea of ''manageable''!!

[quote user="ellis206"]Glad the original poster pointed out that we are 19 million in debt, because I think we are still financially better off than about 18 teams in this league, which gives us a hell of a good chance of signing Lita ahead of them :)[/quote]

that''s not much use if west brom and stoke want him! he will go to the prem ahead of us or anyone else in the champ and i fully expect that''s where he''ll go come january. he has no loyalty to us. however, if he bags a load of goals for us until we get someone else for ourselves in january like iversen, i''ll be happy with that.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="fuddrs"]

[/quote]

You should check this out.

[/quote]

I had never considered it achievable to express, via written word, the way I talk after 10 pints of Guinness. Well done fuddrs. Henry Higgins would be proud.

Fuddrs take no notice or these cracks about your spelling. They are being very impolite. Its communication that is important and not spelling. The dictionary was not invented until the 1820''s and I venture to suggest that we would all be a lot further on in life if it had not been for small minded English teachers striking out words in red pencil because they were mis-spelled according to the Oxford English.

[quote user="Bobert"]Fuddrs take no notice or these cracks about your spelling. They are being very impolite. Its communication that is important and not spelling. The dictionary was not invented until the 1820''s and I venture to suggest that we would all be a lot further on in life if it had not been for small minded English teachers striking out words in red pencil because they were mis-spelled according to the Oxford English.[/quote]Yes it is communication that is important rather than spelling but if your spelling and grammar is so bad you cannot communicate then it is probably time to brush up, or in this Chris''s case go to school rather than starting inane threads on here. I had to read the original post twice to make any sense of it. I read books and am used to reading coherent sentences. Presumably if all you read is text messages then it is easy to understand this nonsense. Personally I think this message board should not allow anyone to start a thread unless they have passed a spelling and grammar test and also posted at least ten times, without being outed as a scummer.

[quote user="Yellow Rider"][quote user="barclay_troy"][quote user="fuddrs"]

[/quote]I''m getting fed up with this so called 19 million in debt. we are not, its a manageable debt, I''ve got a mortgage but that don''t put me in debt unless i don''t pay. have you decided to poke around on our board because Evans has probably started to charge you to use yours?[/quote]

So ''manageable'' that there is NO player budget left for any new faces in January (by way of loans or permanent signings) UNLESS funded by someone outside the club or GR can sacrifice someone first to raise the dosh. Not to mention the most recent bail out from The Cook which helped the cashflow (for now). Our overall debt is rising like the guy says and out options are running out, not exactly my idea of ''manageable''!!

[/quote]The 19 million was before this season we are 2.5 this season, thats our debt. (or maybe a few quid more.)

[quote user="Bobert"]Fuddrs take no notice or these cracks about your spelling. They are being very impolite. Its communication that is important and not spelling. The dictionary was not invented until the 1820''s and I venture to suggest that we would all be a lot further on in life if it had not been for small minded English teachers striking out words in red pencil because they were mis-spelled according to the Oxford English.[/quote]Bobert, it''s not as such Master Fuddrs spelling, syntax or use of the language that grinds as much as the use of countless different user names (I think he /she started as Chris). Not moaning about the content. (although it is often difficult to determine).

[quote user="barclay_troy"][quote user="Yellow Rider"][quote user="barclay_troy"][quote user="fuddrs"]

[/quote]The 19 million was before this season we are 2.5 this season, thats our debt. (or maybe a few quid more.)[/quote]£51m Gross valuation - £16m share valuation = £35m net debt as of the Summer. Much of this is short term and so is kept off the balance sheet. Since the summer we''ve seen cash at bank drop £1m and £2m of directors loans so we''re probably realistically around £38m in debt. I think the clue is that yet again we have spent more (nett) on finance repayments than football players. We are still effectively repaying the loan delia "saved" us from all those years ago since I understand we borrowed for this under the first part of the securitisation deal.As for you mortgage analogy Barclay_Troy. Does the net debt you have there decrease each year in a managed way? Imagine if despite you making every payment in full and on time you had to borrow a few thousand pounds a year on your barclaycard, or get a bank loan, borrow off parents, family and friends,  or even sell your garage and give this money to your mortgage company just to try and stop the debt increasing further? Would you then consider your debt to be well managed? How do you think this scenario will end when you max out all your cards and loans and run out of people to borrow from or assets to sell?

The club, I personally feel (regardless of the frequently spouted manageable debt cliche) are seriously in the financial poop.

Maybe those at the rudderless helm, really want someone to take on the outstanding debt that has ballooned over the last decade (shame it''s not just the original 8.5 million-ish) and probably also give them a substantial return (ie equivalent or with interest) on their loans or financial contributions, during their tenure.....

And maybe financially astute and very successful prospective interested individuals (or parties) - are finding these demands and terms quite a stumbling block....and quite frankly laughable, and somewhat ridiculous?

They that are being asked to give those, who (in my personal opinion) have been business naive in their use of club income, and have directed and frittered the finance into other areas that should have taken less priority - or rectified at a lower paced input. Certainly an immediate replacement for the decadent South Stand......Although, some other less important ''things'' could have been placed on the back-burner.....rather than ignoring the ''core product'' that actually draws the punters.....

I can understand that if those current incumbents in charge of club coffers, are soon to depart, stand down or take a back-seat - they would want to leave the club in a good light and with their heads held high.....I don''t feel that would be the case, at this moment in time.

Still, the games still on, we have a ''squad'', loyal 24,000 supporters, the gates aren''t locked and there are no bailiffs or finance recovery muscle monsters - bundling tables, chairs, cooking ranges, etc - onto awaiting large lorries.....