Sign in to follow this  
Hannibal

Youri Djorkeaff

there was a r#### that we have made a offer to his agent on a pay as you play deal i think he would add flair feeling on this.

Djorkeaff? Please no, I all for experience but I think he is a bit too old. I mean do we really want to have to rely on 1stWiz preforming necromancy on him before every game!

I am not opposed to him; quality performer who has shown he still wants to play football and has a real touch of class - his performances in the prem last season shows he still has more than enough ability to have an impact this season and remains a better player than 7/10 premier midfielders.

I just dont see him as a priority over a striker or central defender - even though he fits my personal desire for a creative ball playing attack minded central midfielder to a T!

OTBC

I agree with Tufnell. I think he can do a good job for us, but expect his wages would be too high. One year deal maybe?

I friend of mine is a Bolton fan and i happened to see djorkayef and Bolton a few times last season, he is a quality player and my mate was dissapointed to see him leave. One interesting point however is that he left Bolton because of them offering him just a one year deal adn not because of his wage demands. Given that worthy doesn''t seem to mind to much about age - Helveg and charlton, i think there is no reason why he wouldn''t come here

would be great, but who gets the ball, huckerby,bentley,djorkeaff, who gets the goals. doesnt really fit, its a goalscorer we need, not another creative type.

Bentley and huckerby ar really strikers ie goal scorers rather than creative midfielders. What Youri would bring is the ability to be a ball winning hard working creative goalscoring central midfielder - and no we dont currently have one of those.

However our priorities should be central defence (done) and up front who? If we can get a good striker and add Youris guile and experience then all the better but I dont see worthy wanting another midfielder.

Also offering a pay as you play deal for a year wont appeal as that is what he turned down t Bolton because he was looking for a two year contract - not just high wages for 1 year.

OTBC

zipper I agree if we could fit guile into the side he''d be a good pickup, but like you say the numbers and the current squad means he won''t fit. though I have to disagree I think bentley is a creative player, I just wish we''d play him behind the front two and then he could show us:)

Have to agree that bentley is creative but not as a midfielder more a bergkamp type striker. He would certainly work in that role but it does mean a total rethink to our style of play that is not likely to happen at the moment - we need our players to be comfortable with the roles they are playing in the team.

OTBC

zipper I agree I think bentley should be playing behind the forward, like Bergkamp does. I don''t see it would take a total overhaul to get him used in that role. Plus if were going to sign one of england''s brighest young talents then why not use him properly.
:)

yes, but it probably wont work.

Huckerby cant work with a player like bently. he likes to have a target man to cross it in to. If huxs played on the left he wont get back to defend. If bently plays on the left wing he does.....

aj which is exactly why we need to shift the formation to 4-3-3. Bentley''s strength lies in his vision and seeing the runs, you wouldnt ask bergkamp to play left wing if henry didnt fancy playing with him. so we shouldnt ask bentley to play where isnt suited and expect him to explode, theres room enough for huckerby, bentley and a striker on that team. it''s upto worthy whether he''s brave enough to try it or not.

:)