Sign in to follow this  
arrdee

I don't drive a Rolls Royce.

No I don''t drive a Rolls Royce , far from it I am more at home driving one of the works vans as is Ruth my wife , in her case I suspect its because she doesn''t have to get her purse out to buy fuel . I well remember being invited to a dinner party when the only mode of transport was a hearse as i intended to partake in downing a few real ales with Ruth driving the hearse home which she point blank refused to do , so there was no other option but to take her car and buy petrol,  an undertaking that I don''t think she has recovered from till this day.

However I digress the point I am trying to make is if in fact I did own a Rolls Royce and someone came up to me and said " I don''t like the way you are handling your Rolls Royce", "I want you to sell it" "I go and watch what the company produce every other week " I am a share holder as well " "I see you bought a pair of wing mirrors for it " "but it doesn''t help the performance does it? "No I want you to sell it" "I don''t care if you sell at a loss or even give it away" "I don''t want you to have it anymore". What do you think my reaction would be ? or for that matter yours ?....[:D]....arrdee.

[quote user="arrdee"]

No I don''t drive a Rolls Royce , far from it I am more at home driving one of the works vans as is Ruth my wife , in her case I suspect its because she doesn''t have to get her purse out to buy fuel . I well remember being invited to a dinner party when the only mode of transport was a hearse as i intended to partake in downing a few real ales with Ruth driving the hearse home which she point blank refused to do , so there was no other option but to take her car and buy petrol,  an undertaking that I don''t think she has recovered from till this day.

However I digress the point I am trying to make is if in fact I did own a Rolls Royce and someone came up to me and said " I don''t like the way you are handling your Rolls Royce", "I want you to sell it" "I go and watch what the company produce every other week " I am a share holder as well " "I see you bought a pair of wing mirrors for it " "but it doesn''t help the performance does it? "No I want you to sell it" "I don''t care if you sell at a loss or even give it away" "I don''t want you to have it anymore". What do you think my reaction would be ? or for that matter yours ?....[:D]....arrdee.

[/quote]

Not saying I agree 100%, but I like the analogy and I suspect your second word to this person would be "off".

Problem being you should have serviced it more regular Arrdee and give it a polish every know and then instead of letting it fall into disrepair.

It''s in such a mess now that knowbody wants it.[;)]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]I would say we all have opinions, it''s not about who is right or wrong you lovely lamb chop [:)][Y][/quote]

Now talking of lamb chops , when can I expect to see you over at our farm shop ? To enjoy the best meat ever ? You are more than welcome 49s and you know arrdee will look after you .You lovely old Picker you....[Y]....arrdee.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]

Problem being you should have serviced it more regular Arrdee and give it a polish every know and then instead of letting it fall into disrepair.

It''s in such a mess now that knowbody wants it.[;)]

[/quote]

It''s the owners pride and joy and their hobby, so I would have thought it would be well cared for and looked after, but I guess like all things that grow older, they cost more to repair the damage or parts needed.

[:)]

[quote user="arrdee"]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]I would say we all have opinions, it''s not about who is right or wrong you lovely lamb chop [:)][Y][/quote]

Now talking of lamb chops , when can I expect to see you over at our farm shop ? To enjoy the best meat ever ? You are more than welcome 49s and you know arrdee will look after you .You lovely old Picker you....[Y]....arrdee.

[/quote]

Ohhhhh aren''t I glad you said picker, I must look at what I''m going to pick this week, however I have to say I am pants at it, but I try and that''s the main thing [:$]

I don''t know where your shop is young man, or I would come and get my meat from you. 

[:)]

[quote user="arrdee"]

[/quote]Well, my lovely old boy...  [:)]If I had a Rolls Royce, I wouldn''t invite 25,000 people to come and sit in it every other weekend, and I wouldn''t ask the new and lovely Mrs. Chops to offer sausage rolls and ginger ale after forty-five minutes.Smudger will be along shortly to tell you that Carrow Road is a hearse, not a Rolls Royce, and Wiz will then tell you that he can''t drive but he has an opinion anyway.

Was it an imitation Rolls Royce body - mounted on a Skoda Estelle chassis?......[:|].....With a 2 stroke lawnmower engine under the bonnet?

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Was it an imitation Rolls Royce body - mounted on a Skoda Estelle chassis?......[:|].....With a 2 stroke lawnmower engine under the bonnet?[/quote]

No Mel if only ,,,, I knew I was on a loser when I lifted the plastic bonnet and there stamped just above the battery was "produced by Cullum and son"....[:D]....arrdee. 

[quote user="arrdee"]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Was it an imitation Rolls Royce body - mounted on a Skoda Estelle chassis?......[:|].....With a 2 stroke lawnmower engine under the bonnet?[/quote]

No Mel if only ,,,, I knew I was on a loser when I lifted the plastic bonnet and there stamped just above the battery was "produced by Cullum and son"....[:D]....arrdee. 

[/quote]

He only has female offspring.....You were sold a ringer....Didn''t purchase the ''Ringy Roller'' from ''Donny and Deals Dodgy Wheels'', did you?[8-|]

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="arrdee"]

[/quote]

He only has female offspring.....You were sold a ringer....Didn''t purchase the ''Ringy Roller'' from ''Donny and Deals Dodgy Wheels'', did you?[8-|]

[/quote]

For goodness sake Mel he is producing tyres as well ,with about as much tread as my rubber boots , I hope no lovely old city fans buy into this as I am sure they will go bust with a resounding piiiiiiiiisssss but I don''t expect they will be traveling at any speed so they should be alright....[:D]....arrdee.

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="arrdee"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

For goodness sake Mel he is producing tyres as well ,with about as much tread as my rubber boots , I hope no lovely old city fans buy into this as I am sure they will go bust with a resounding piiiiiiiiisssss but I don''t expect they will be traveling at any speed so they should be alright....[:D]....arrdee.

[/quote]

Such a lovely looking motor (for a ringy)....It''s just a shame you''re unable to afford road-tax, insurance or are able to pay for the fuel to let it go any distance....(or anywhere for that matter)....Having not taken it anywhere for over 3 years, sticking it in the garage on axle stands, and with a regular wax and polish, only able to show it to your visiting buddies.... " Hey Y''all! Come an'' look at my motor....It''s a Rolls Royce Carra Corniche White Elephant.....Aesthetically, it''s a lovely bit of stuff and certainly has to be seen and truly admired, loads of gullible passengers like to sit in it......but sadly, I''m unable to afford to take it any further....But! It''s my White Elephant - and no local two-bit billionaire ivory hunter is gonna take it away from me......It''s all I''ve got an'' it''s my baby!"

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="arrdee"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Now Mel this is fatal , are you disclaiming you inheritance?....[:D]....arrdee.

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="arrdee"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, like some of my fellow sufferers - I''ve survived on being fed over a decade of unlimited bull$h*t.......Who needs inheritance when I can live off oodles and oodles of patronising pap and copious amounts of spinny, spin, spin....What one''s never had, one will never miss, they say....

Take a leaf out of those you so admire.....flog off the mutton - and tell ''em it''s lamb.....Maybe you can offer your services as loyal servant and personal Chauffeur - and drive that White Elephant (containing those who you hold with great esteem)....further down Sh*t Street? Maybe Nutster and your other chums could attempt to help you push it out when it gets stuck?......."Toot! Toot! We''ve taken a wrong turning - and gone back up the poot chute! Aaaaargh"[au]......"Poor NCFC board....they couldn''t stop coffin".......[:(] 

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="arrdee"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="arrdee"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, like some of my fellow sufferers - I''ve survived on being fed over a decade of unlimited bull$h*t.......Who needs inheritance when I can live off oodles and oodles of patronising pap and copious amounts of spinny, spin, spin....What one''s never had, one will never miss, they say....

Take a leaf out of those you so admire.....flog off the mutton - and tell ''em it''s lamb.....Maybe you can offer your services as loyal servant and personal Chauffeur - and drive that White Elephant (containing those who you hold with great esteem)....further down Sh*t Street? Maybe Nutster and your other chums could attempt to help you push it out when it gets stuck?......."Toot! Toot! We''ve taken a wrong turning - and gone back up the poot chute! Aaaaargh"[au]......"Poor NCFC board....they couldn''t stop coffin".......[:(] 

[/quote]

Yes Mel you lovely old boy, I can well understand the problem with claiming parentage when the proposed father is younger . uumm a bit of a downer but you never know your luck in this world . Oh you cant get mutton now , where have you been these last few yonks?....[:D]....arrdee.

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="arrdee"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="arrdee"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes Mel you lovely old boy, I can well understand the problem with claiming parentage when the proposed father is younger . uumm a bit of a downer but you never know your luck in this world . Oh you cant get mutton now , where have you been these last few yonks?....[:D]....arrdee.

[/quote]

Plenty of mutton dressed as lamb in the Directionless Box last night......[6].....I think Nutster was blowing kisses and waving to attract the lamb''s attention, (he luvs it).....Mutton was probably around your age I''d have thought.....fancy your chances? Maybe a bit of pease pudding for starters?[;)]

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="arrdee"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="arrdee"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="arrdee"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Plenty of mutton dressed as lamb in the Directionless Box last night......[6].....I think Nutster was blowing kisses and waving to attract the lamb''s attention, (he luvs it).....Mutton was probably around your age I''d have thought.....fancy your chances? Maybe a bit of pease pudding for starters?[;)]

[/quote]

I must say I have enjoyed our little chat this evening Mello I hope you have too but I must trundle off to beddy byes now as I have to be up and about early , so I will just say "night night god bless" you lovely old boy....arrdee.

You don''t have a Rolls Royce in your funeral company?

My brother looks askance.  "Beautiful vehicles for the task....they just glide along.  The Rolls with a low gear is a beauty - just the tyres crunching on the gravel to the Cemetery/Crem/Green Acre  not a sound from the engine.  You can Rest in Peace with a Rolls and you can go In Peace as well.  The low gear option is Mighty!  I walk ahead at roughly three miles per hour and they just glide behind me and when we are out of the Village I open the door which shuts with a very satisfying clunk and they are up to 65 in a minute which is useful if you are 10 minutes behind for an appointment at Ely Crem.  We have four Rolls, two singles, two doubles.  Go In Peace but it''s not a slogan that I could use."

[:P]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

It''s a long way from my seat Mello but I always hope she can see me. Even though I''m at the back I am quite tall so I always feel there''s a chance she can see me wave and catch the kisses[:$] Sometimes I think I see her wave back but those around me tell me not to be so daft, I think deep down they''re jealous[U]

How about you Mello.. ''evening ma''am (tug) [&] ...yes I think we can beat Wolves tonight (tug) [&] ...on the pitch at halftime Ma''am?... I do hope none of those ungrateful fans chant anything nasty (tug) [&]

Bet your glad to get back on the message board and pretend your like Smudger [:|]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

It''s a long way from my seat Mello but I always hope she can see me. Even though I''m at the back I am quite tall so I always feel there''s a chance she can see me wave and catch the kisses[:$] Sometimes I think I see her wave back but those around me tell me not to be so daft, I think deep down they''re jealous[U]

How about you Mello.. ''evening ma''am (tug) [&] ...yes I think we can beat Wolves tonight (tug) [&] ...on the pitch at halftime Ma''am?... I do hope none of those ungrateful fans chant anything nasty (tug) [&]

Bet your glad to get back on the message board and pretend your like Smudger [:|]

[/quote]

That''s what comes of being a rather distant cousin I suppose.[:''(]

OTBC

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Says the one who used to be indecisive....and now he''s not so sure?.....[:S]

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="arrdee"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="arrdee"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Prince Charles likes mutton which sort of figures if you think about it..................[8-|]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

You don''t have a Rolls Royce in your funeral company?

My brother looks askance.  "Beautiful vehicles for the task....they just glide along.  The Rolls with a low gear is a beauty - just the tyres crunching on the gravel to the Cemetery/Crem/Green Acre  not a sound from the engine.  You can Rest in Peace with a Rolls and you can go In Peace as well.  The low gear option is Mighty!  I walk ahead at roughly three miles per hour and they just glide behind me and when we are out of the Village I open the door which shuts with a very satisfying clunk and they are up to 65 in a minute which is useful if you are 10 minutes behind for an appointment at Ely Crem.  We have four Rolls, two singles, two doubles.  Go In Peace but it''s not a slogan that I could use."

[:P]

[/quote]

Ah yes Cam , now you lovely old sweetness your brother''s business sounds very high-fluting and trade must be brisk in his neck of the woods , just one or two points to run past you , this glide thingy all I can say "there is nothing like a Dame nothing in this world thats anything like a Dame", the hearse can be a bone shaker for all that matters , I have never had a complaint from any one of our passengers as they tend to be past caring as they lay there in the back, uummm 4 rollers is it ? well we tend to grab whatever mode of transport we can . Well we are not exactly "cowboys" but not far removed I suspect . We do seem a twopenny concern in comparison .

Now the lovely Cam the idea is not to be 10 mins late but 10 mins in front , then you can enjoy what we call the "solemn sedate" where the traffic all balls up behind , lovely, no one is going to start honking and shaking their fists at a hearse. Uuummm 4 rollers I don''t suppose he wants to give one away does he ?....arrdee. 

[quote user="arrdee"]

[/quote]

love it ardee.....

Good grief Arrdee where is this thread going!  In answer to your original post, and i see what you are getting at, but if we were paying £28 a week to come and look at your rolls royce and it was slowly rusting and not as fine as it once was, then i think we are entitled to complain!  So its a nice example old bean but not quite an accurate example.

[quote user="arrdee"]

[/quote]

Hower Ray, if I owned a Butchers Shop that supplied high quality meat would my customers have a right to complain if that quality declined?

Would those customers be happy if I told them they shouldn''t complain because they had a lovely new counter and computerised till and nice fresh sawdust on the floor?