Sign in to follow this  
ellis206

Derby on Tuesday

Anyone know of any good pubs near the ground which allow away fans in? And is there a lot of parking near the ground? Looking forward to the game to be honest, I just hope Roeder puts out the same attacking side though I have a feeling he might bring in Patty for Hoolahan, but it would be nice to go out there with an attacking mentality because I really think we could and should beat Derby.

Hi Ellis

Last time I went we parked in a college car park, bit pricey, but only a few mins from the ground. Didn''t see any pubs, the ground is on a retail park with lots of car dealerships. There is info on the main Pink Un site re away grounds and also an excellent site called www.footballgroundguide.co.uk. Sorry I can''t do links for you.

Might see you there!

The pubs on the business park are all on the station side of the ground (there are 3 - Old Orleans, a Harvester and something with a wacky warehouse type place attached). I don''t think they let away fans in if they can help it.

There are loads of pubs in the city centre, but these are quite a way from the ground. There''s a couple just the other side of the station, but they''re quite small, and very popular with home fans.

The car parking isn''t bad (bit pricey, as gazzathegreat found out), but the beer''s probably best sampled in the ground. Not suggesting it''s actually nice beer, but it might be the best place to get it.

Hopefully I''ll be able to get across - I work about a mile from the ground. I''m also hoping the next day with all my DCFC supporting friends won''t be too traumatic (unless its traumatic for them!)

Ben

any idea how many are coming up? i know there is a kids deal on so lots of high pitched singing, got a good feeling about the game but whenever we take a good away following to a match we get battered, Leicester and Wednesday last season?

[quote user="C T"]I''m going tomorrow :) our first away day this season, lets hope for a good un :)[/quote]

a ha, half term by any chance? [;)], hope you have enjoyable trek to derby and pick up 3pts! good game to get good away atmosphere at derby

[quote user="once upon a time there was a tavern"]

[quote user="C T"]I''m going tomorrow :) our first away day this season, lets hope for a good un :)[/quote]

a ha, half term by any chance? [;)], hope you have enjoyable trek to derby and pick up 3pts! good game to get good away atmosphere at derby

[/quote]

I just hope we dont gift Derby  FOUR goals..... who cares that im still in college [:S]

ive been to (Gay)Pride park twice.. and we lost both times... the first time Kenton scored a coemdy own goal after Greeno decided to miss the ball completely...

the 2nd time Delia sat with her fingers in he ears as the travelling fans started Worthy out chants...

jas :)

[quote user="ellis206"] And is there a lot of parking near the ground? .
[/quote]

As you head into the heart of Derby on the A52 from the Nottingham Direction, the retail park is signposted (its name starts with a W i think). As you come off the A52 there is a rough ground car park on your right before the McDonalds.