Sign in to follow this  
jim blair

Beautiful day

Club Foot is an amazing song! And one that can actually lift a crowd, especially as it was on PES5 lol!

Come on seriously now, what could be better, I don''t fancy them running out to an old classic now, I think we would be laughed off the pitch if we came out to "Paperback Writer" or something of that ilk.

If the players need runout music to get them fired up the ave. £10k a week each is a bit wasted wouldn''t you say?

The Laurel and Hardy march, itll put everyone in a good mood if nothing else [:D]

What about Ready To Go by Republica? (The old sky sports theme)

Queen - We Will Rock YouWho - Can''t ExplainOasis - Morning GloryAlso Sprach Zarathustra - Richard StraussFirst few bars of Ian Dury & The Blockhead''s  ''Plaistow Patricia'' would certainly wake a few people up

im guessing you dont have a club song? like deliah etc..... if not maybe idea to try and create one?

or maybe song which you chant along to not obviously our one but hi ho its wolverhampton etc....

We do have a club song WE8, it''s called On the Ball City and is the oldest song in football. As for a song for the team to run out to, it''s probably not the best choice. I am probably alone in liking Beautiful Day, last year''s choice was a bit like music to slit your wrists too. Let''s face it, with a crowd of people from 0-90 (maybe some older!) we are never going to agree on the most suitable choice.

What''s happened to the Canaries tune they played last year in the build up though, anyone know?

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Club Foot is an amazing song![/quote]I think amazing is a little bit generous - mediocre is more on par. I think the Fat Boy Slim song they play just before Beautiful Day (Right Here, Right Now?) has got a brilliant intro - couldn''t be much worse than U2 or Kasabian anyway.

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]Sunderland have some classical music -I think it is Provokiev''s Romeo and Juliet. I think this works quite well if ground is full -like ours.[/quote]Actually, there''s loads of classical stuff that would do:Prokofiev - march from The Love For Three OrangesRavel - last bit of BoleroStravinsky - Rite of Spring (when the big drum comes in)Shostakovich - scherzo from Symphony 10Best of all would probably be the middle section of Holst''s Mars, from the Planet Suite. Should put the fear of God up the opposition.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]What''s happened to the Canaries tune they played last year in the build up though, anyone know?[/quote]That should be the song we run out to if we absolutely have to have one.I''d rather see all of the music turned off before the game so the atmosphere can build naturally but I can remember football before 1992 so what do I know [:^)]

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]Sunderland have some classical music -I think it is Provokiev''s Romeo and Juliet. I think this works quite well if ground is full -like ours.[/quote]It is the Dance of the Knights from Romeo and Juliet, good spot.I wonder if Ride of the Valkyries has ever been used?