Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

LITA'S GOAL CELEBRATION?

Lita is a striker, strikers love scoring goals, strikers love to clelbrate their goals, its natural for someone to have huge emotion after scoring 92nd minute winner.  When players celebrate like Lita did yesterday it is all part of the pose to make them selves look good.  All the great stikers celebrate when they score, Henry has wild celebrations,so does Van Nistlerooy and so does Rooney, Ian Wright also used to do it.

All strikers celebrate when they score, its happenend for donkeys years, if a striker didn''t clelebrate when they scored I would think there is something wrong with them.

We finally get a striker that can find the net and now you are moaning at them celebrating after scoring.

I could not care what he does when he celebrates and for how long he celebrates here for, the point is, the more he celebrates the more he has scored for us and if he goes back tomo, we will miss him and be in need off another striker, but he has got us 6 points and that what loans players should be doing.

lets face it - lita has probably saved us from drifting into the bottom 3,,,good on the boy---i for 1 couldn''t give a monkey about how he goes about celebrating scoring his goals - we should all be thankful he knows where the fudging net is, and also for carly boys wallet for paying his wonga each week,,,and yeah, who gives a sh*t if rusty fell over lita''s ego when set up by crofty 2nd min in??? or the fact that lita''s name was widely cheered by all around the game when the team was announced pre-kick-off,,,and poor ole curo got jack when subs announced???yeah - life is cr@p - a striker is only as good as his last goal, and when he''s scoring he''s cheered, adored and put on a pedestal by fickle fans who take every opportunity to massage his ego - then, when he can''t hit a barn door, he''s jeered and cruelly shunned, his ego flattened and soul trampled upon...its a good job this boys get paid loadsa £££!!!lol...

I thought I had covered the euphoria part. I then went on to describe where Lita celebrated and asked what might be read into that. Try reading the original post and understanding the point!

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Arturo Whittoli"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]I refrain from giving my opinion on this Rudolph as you specifically asked for input from those better placed so that, obviously, does not include me. Suffice it to say my view would probably not be well received by those that are pleased with Lita''s goals ( at the moment ).[/quote]

Cmon Yankee, doesn''t matter that you weren''t there we still like to hear your opinions. [:D]

[/quote]

In that case, as you are asking CA, here''s my two cents worth ( and it''s a mouthful ). If I were the manager I would tell Lita there is no need to put the shirt back on, hand him his suitcase and a map with directions back to Reading. Of course, I freely admit I already have prejudice against anyone who is pre-disposed to this brain-dead exercise of tearing off their shirt given that is not in the clubs interest for anyone to do so. I feel the same way whenever I see a dolt doing it in a Premiership game. Of course I realise there is emotion in a game but, to me, some of these antics are reflective of what I believe is not the best of what is on show from many sports in today''s world. It is disrespectful of the rules, the club''s need to ensure it maximises player availability for games, and it also exudes a "look at me" attitude relative to team mates.

I feel the same way about any player who, after scoring a goal, races off at a lightning sprint never yet displayed in the match itself while actually, in too many instances, pushing aside any team mates congratulations so the individual can enjoy his sprint of glory alone.  

I realise I''m dating myself but give me the old days when, after scoring, the scorer and team mates either shook hands quickly or a quick pat on the back and headed straight back to the centre mark. It was a team effort and everyone knew it. A thought lost on many today I suspect. While I''m at it I should also say I don''t like fist pumps in tennis or golf. It''s far removed from the games I grew up with and came to love.

[/quote]

Lighten up old chum.

[/quote]

Arthur, I believe I am both light and right. The points are not mutually exclusive. Some of the responses to the point are hardly surprising but many reflect shallowness of thought. When we sadly lack goal scoring ability it doesn''t make much sense to unnecessarily deliberately be penalised with a yellow card. It is dumb for two reasons. If it''s tolerated, then the individual is likely to repeat the behaviour and other players can pick up on a lack of discipline being applied by management. Some of these young men are not beyond applying a "monkey see, monkey do" approach. Also, if a player scores the goal early enough ( not the case here of course ) and commits the dumb infraction and then picks up a second yellow....he''s off. They are perfectly sound reasons for not being supportive of such behaviour....quite apart from my previously stated reasons as to why I personally find it distasteful.  

[/quote]

Fair enough its a stupid booking, but to say we should send him back to Reading is just ridiculous. Other players kick up silly bookings for lots of different reasons.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]I thought I had covered the euphoria part. I then went on to describe where Lita celebrated and asked what might be read into that. Try reading the original post and understanding the point![/quote]keep your shirt on/down/un-lifted rude old!!!i was replying to later posts,,,but in reply specifically to yours - i hopefully thinking his wild goal celebs reveals he actually likes dear ole carra rd - and that he could be persuaded to saty longer - but in another way - by visiting each of the 4 stands in turn at the end, could be interpreted as a goodbyeeee!  (all together now) its a long way to the prem, its a long way...

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Arturo Whittoli"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]I refrain from giving my opinion on this Rudolph as you specifically asked for input from those better placed so that, obviously, does not include me. Suffice it to say my view would probably not be well received by those that are pleased with Lita''s goals ( at the moment ).[/quote]

Cmon Yankee, doesn''t matter that you weren''t there we still like to hear your opinions. [:D]

[/quote]

In that case, as you are asking CA, here''s my two cents worth ( and it''s a mouthful ). If I were the manager I would tell Lita there is no need to put the shirt back on, hand him his suitcase and a map with directions back to Reading. Of course, I freely admit I already have prejudice against anyone who is pre-disposed to this brain-dead exercise of tearing off their shirt given that is not in the clubs interest for anyone to do so. I feel the same way whenever I see a dolt doing it in a Premiership game. Of course I realise there is emotion in a game but, to me, some of these antics are reflective of what I believe is not the best of what is on show from many sports in today''s world. It is disrespectful of the rules, the club''s need to ensure it maximises player availability for games, and it also exudes a "look at me" attitude relative to team mates.

I feel the same way about any player who, after scoring a goal, races off at a lightning sprint never yet displayed in the match itself while actually, in too many instances, pushing aside any team mates congratulations so the individual can enjoy his sprint of glory alone.  

I realise I''m dating myself but give me the old days when, after scoring, the scorer and team mates either shook hands quickly or a quick pat on the back and headed straight back to the centre mark. It was a team effort and everyone knew it. A thought lost on many today I suspect. While I''m at it I should also say I don''t like fist pumps in tennis or golf. It''s far removed from the games I grew up with and came to love.

[/quote]

Lighten up old chum.

[/quote]

Arthur, I believe I am both light and right. The points are not mutually exclusive. Some of the responses to the point are hardly surprising but many reflect shallowness of thought. When we sadly lack goal scoring ability it doesn''t make much sense to unnecessarily deliberately be penalised with a yellow card. It is dumb for two reasons. If it''s tolerated, then the individual is likely to repeat the behaviour and other players can pick up on a lack of discipline being applied by management. Some of these young men are not beyond applying a "monkey see, monkey do" approach. Also, if a player scores the goal early enough ( not the case here of course ) and commits the dumb infraction and then picks up a second yellow....he''s off. They are perfectly sound reasons for not being supportive of such behaviour....quite apart from my previously stated reasons as to why I personally find it distasteful.  

[/quote]

So because he got carried away after scoring the winner in injury time you dont want him here? Pathetic mate and yes you do need to lighten up. Normally your posts make a lot of sense but you are on a loser here.

It is important to remember that for a player transfer to take place one Club needs to want to buy, another wants to sell for the amount being offered and crucially the player needs to want to leave and go to that Club. This was the Huckerby situation and also the Taylor situation but in that latter case money ruled point two.

I suppose I was looking for signs that Lita might just feel he has found a home in Norwich. If he has, and this was a signal he has, then it is down to money once again: hence the display to the Directors box. Get it now?

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

It is important to remember that for a player transfer to take place one Club needs to want to buy, another wants to sell for the amount being offered and crucially the player needs to want to leave and go to that Club. This was the Huckerby situation and also the Taylor situation but in that latter case money ruled point two.

I suppose I was looking for signs that Lita might just feel he has found a home in Norwich. If he has, and this was a signal he has, then it is down to money once again: hence the display to the Directors box. Get it now?

[/quote]

You may have a point here:  maybe this was Lita''s subtle come-and-get-me message. Next time,to be more obvious, he might repeat the same performance with 2M- 25k chalked on his back.[:)]

I presume it is highly illegal for Norwich to suggest to Lita he remains a Reading player until he becomes available on a free transfer..in exchange for a personal large sign on fee?Surely this must have happened at some point though.

[quote user="One Flew Over..."]I presume it is highly illegal for Norwich to suggest to Lita he remains a Reading player until he becomes available on a free transfer..in exchange for a personal large sign on fee?
Surely this must have happened at some point though.
[/quote]

thing is Reading could quite easily say "ok.." only to sell to the next highest bidder.. doesnt matter if we offer a "sweetener" City wouldnt then admit they did that and incure the wrath of the officials....meaning Reading could do what they like with the cash and have broken a prmomise and sold Lita to someone else...

Only an idiot would try and sign a player on a promise... what do you mean we have that idiot on the board already?!

jas :)

[quote user="Salahuddin"]Sorry but selfish egotistical strikers are usually great players, Bellamy, Earnie come to mind. They may not ever be Norwich through and through, but loyalty is a dying commodity in this game now.[/quote]Always liked the story about Bellamy boasting to all the players about how great he was so they locked him in the toilet on the coach back from the game.  Good old Bellars!  [:D]

I feel another Taylor moment/situation on the horizon...... But personally, I think Leroy''s another Earnie type of player, if a bigger club shows him any interest, I feel he would be quite easily tempted away. Can''t really blame the guy.

He celebrated with fervour and gusto in front of the City Stand.....I think he was genuinely over the moon that he''d won us the game....He''s playing 1st team football, he''s gaining match fitness and putting the ball away - also advertising himself on the market, so his agent will be well chuffed. He has confidence, arrogance, pace and an eye for goal.....He unsettles the opposition, although, I do hope he doesn''t unsettle the changing room.....

Whatever one''s opinion (and not wishing to sound negative), at this moment in time, I don''t think we can afford his asking salary - let alone a purchase fee.....We may fill the ground, but that money''s accounted for.......[:(]

Mello, is it possible the young man has a fetish for tweed, trilbys and moleskin trousers and he was simply saying ''dress me up.'' Perhaps he is another Cwiss Ewbankth?

I swear the Pinkun must be the only forum which manages to find a complaint about a striker scoring 4 in 2 games for them, and that complaint is that he celebrated scoring them goals.