Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

LITA'S GOAL CELEBRATION?

Yes, there is the euphoria of the moment; you work hard all game, get nothing in terms of supply until the 92nd minute then still have the concentration and application to bang it in and win the game. No wonder Lita was pleased.

The fact no one else joined in with him I put down to Roeder''s previous rollocking of a Wolves goal celebration so everyone just got back in position: fine. I think it was Curo who collected Lita''s shirt.

So, off with the shirt with the sure expectation of a yellow card, yes. Run up to the manager, yes. But I cannot recall the last time a player appeared to celebrate to the Director''s Box so am hoping someone can clarify if this was the case.

What was it all about? I like to think it was a ''come and get me!''

At the end of the game Lita stood alone in front of the Jarrold Stand for a long time, odd too!

So, I wondered, what is in Lita''s head?

Here is a player his Club keep sending out on loan and one who has a reputation for not settling in once signed. He is out of contract at the season end and is surely going somewhere for a fee in January. He is presently raising his stock at Norwich.

For me, the celebration was all about Lita. He threw away the shirt and was 40 yards away when Curo collected it and was posing to the Directors with the management.

Does he have a potential good mentor in Roeder? Does he simply want an extended loan?

It was one of the most unusual celebrations and post match reactions I have seen and so I find myself asking why and what was behind it? I would be interested in reading the views of others perhaps better placed.

interesting post rude old... i thought his celebration vs Wolves was all "Look at me look at me!" too.. its clearly all about him and not the club.. the mans ego is big... perhaps we should keep an eye on this

jas :)

Could you not also say Huckerby had an ego? I think there are pros and cons to be unafraid to make your thoughts known on the pitch and taking up the glory, it can make opposition defenders fear you that little bit more but can also be a major downfall when it comes to wages and contracts :/

Shall be an interesting saga this!

[quote user="ncfc_chris"]

aren''t friends and family in the director''s box?

[/quote]

Think I''m right in saying that players family and friends have tickets in the padded seats in the Jarrold Stand where the reserve players sit too.

I refrain from giving my opinion on this Rudolph as you specifically asked for input from those better placed so that, obviously, does not include me. Suffice it to say my view would probably not be well received by those that are pleased with Lita''s goals ( at the moment ).

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

interesting post rude old... i thought his celebration vs Wolves was all "Look at me look at me!" too.. its clearly all about him and not the club.. the mans ego is big... perhaps we should keep an eye on this

[/quote]

Nothing to keep an eye on.

He''s a striker, he loves scoring goals and he loves the praise he''ll get from it.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]I refrain from giving my opinion on this Rudolph as you specifically asked for input from those better placed so that, obviously, does not include me. Suffice it to say my view would probably not be well received by those that are pleased with Lita''s goals ( at the moment ).[/quote]

Cmon Yankee, doesn''t matter that you weren''t there we still like to hear your opinions. [:D]

Prolific strikers often have big egos. They''re a different breed from defenders with their ''part of the ship part of the crew'' attitude. Just remember Earnshaw. He was also full of himself. I have no problem with it as long as they keep scoring... 

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

He is a striker who scored a hat-trick on Tuesday, and an injury time winner yesterday. Damn him for celebrating and having a bit of passion!

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]I refrain from giving my opinion on this Rudolph as you specifically asked for input from those better placed so that, obviously, does not include me. Suffice it to say my view would probably not be well received by those that are pleased with Lita''s goals ( at the moment ).[/quote]

Cmon Yankee, doesn''t matter that you weren''t there we still like to hear your opinions. [:D]

[/quote]

In that case, as you are asking CA, here''s my two cents worth ( and it''s a mouthful ). If I were the manager I would tell Lita there is no need to put the shirt back on, hand him his suitcase and a map with directions back to Reading. Of course, I freely admit I already have prejudice against anyone who is pre-disposed to this brain-dead exercise of tearing off their shirt given that is not in the clubs interest for anyone to do so. I feel the same way whenever I see a dolt doing it in a Premiership game. Of course I realise there is emotion in a game but, to me, some of these antics are reflective of what I believe is not the best of what is on show from many sports in today''s world. It is disrespectful of the rules, the club''s need to ensure it maximises player availability for games, and it also exudes a "look at me" attitude relative to team mates.

I feel the same way about any player who, after scoring a goal, races off at a lightning sprint never yet displayed in the match itself while actually, in too many instances, pushing aside any team mates congratulations so the individual can enjoy his sprint of glory alone.  

I realise I''m dating myself but give me the old days when, after scoring, the scorer and team mates either shook hands quickly or a quick pat on the back and headed straight back to the centre mark. It was a team effort and everyone knew it. A thought lost on many today I suspect. While I''m at it I should also say I don''t like fist pumps in tennis or golf. It''s far removed from the games I grew up with and came to love.

On the one hand, goal scorers should act like they''ve done their job before and not get stupid.  If they do yellow card celebrations each time they score, that means Lita will be out for the game next Saturday if he scores at Derby because of accumulated yellows. 

On the other hand, I admit that when I''ve taught my class a good history lesson, I tear off my shirt and point at the principal''s office.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

In that case, as you are asking CA, here''s my two cents worth ( and it''s a mouthful ). If I were the manager I would tell Lita there is no need to put the shirt back on, hand him his suitcase and a map with directions back to Reading. Of course, I freely admit I already have prejudice against anyone who is pre-disposed to this brain-dead exercise of tearing off their shirt given that is not in the clubs interest for anyone to do so. I feel the same way whenever I see a dolt doing it in a Premiership game. Of course I realise there is emotion in a game but, to me, some of these antics are reflective of what I believe is not the best of what is on show from many sports in today''s world. It is disrespectful of the rules, the club''s need to ensure it maximises player availability for games, and it also exudes a "look at me" attitude relative to team mates.

I feel the same way about any player who, after scoring a goal, races off at a lightning sprint never yet displayed in the match itself while actually, in too many instances, pushing aside any team mates congratulations so the individual can enjoy his sprint of glory alone.  

I realise I''m dating myself but give me the old days when, after scoring, the scorer and team mates either shook hands quickly or a quick pat on the back and headed straight back to the centre mark. It was a team effort and everyone knew it. A thought lost on many today I suspect. While I''m at it I should also say I don''t like fist pumps in tennis or golf. It''s far removed from the games I grew up with and came to love.

[/quote]

Yes you are so right Yankee , I remember in my footballing days when I scored a goal it was hard for me to keep a straight face but I knew I had to because it was frowned on by your team mates and club to do otherwise  . A quick hand shake , a "well done" and back to the centre circle for the kick off , all matter of factly....arrdee. 

Lita looks out for Lita. He''s another Clinton Morrison as I''ve said before. He has absolutely no regard for his salary providers

Take a look on the Reading forums to confirm

Its a shame...... He''s always been a handful both on and off the pitch. The beauty of grandchildren and loan players...... you can hand them back

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

He''s a striker, he loves scoring goals and he loves the praise he''ll get from it.

[/quote]

Lita has only put himself in the shop window by coming here on loan and I doubt he''s looking for a long term relationship with City.

That said I would agree with Jas. Players with huge ego''s don''t usually make good team players and the last thing we need at Carrow Road right now is more disruption. Against that if he keeps banging in the goals I expect us to take a chance on him. Glenn Roeder''s not exactly one of the '' touchy-feely '' brigade so we could be in for more fireworks at Colney than Norwich City council are putting on in Earlham Park next weekend.

But in our position maybe it''s a risk worth taking?

Of course Glenn Roeder''s not one of the '' touchy-feely '' brigade 

[quote user="IBA"]Lita looks out for Lita. He''s another Clinton Morrison as I''ve said before. He has absolutely no regard for his salary providers Take a look on the Reading forums to confirm Its a shame...... He''s always been a handful both on and off the pitch. The beauty of grandchildren and loan players...... you can hand them back[/quote]

Yes and no doubt IBA like me you have held the handle up when you retreat to your room when they come looking for you....arrdee.

So we should send him back because he rips his shirt off in celebration of yet another good goal.

Its about time we had someone with an attitude (a controllable one) and a finisher.

i think he cares, he appreciates the norwich fans, he didnt get this at reading, as doyle and hunt are the main men, but he was genuinly happy to win the game and get us another 3 points

hes not actually that ignorant, he just looks it in the way he walks, but is a class player.

norwish arent going to get any better unless they fork out money on brilliant players like lita

I swear down you lot are unreal! Who gives a flying fig if leroy lita plays for leroy lita. All i care about is that we now have back to back wins. Have scored 7 goals in 2 games and are moving in the right direction. If we can extend Lita''s loan then bring it on. Yes i agree to some extent that getting booked for shirt off is a bit daft in certain circumstances but the lads just won us the game! Have you lot never played footy? Even in sunday league when i bang one in on 90 mins i have my shirt off punching the air, corner flag etc because its euphoric and human nature to be delighted. Shake of hands and a polite well done, ha ha ha ha you sound like the black and white football sketch from harry enfield and chums. Utter rubbish.The celebration isnt stupid., The rule is! Pretty soon if the FA have anything to do with it we will have a quiet crowd all being ssshhushhed every 2 mins, watching non contact football with hand shakes, pats on the back and zero passion and excitment. No thank you FA!Rant over!

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Lighten up old chum.

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Agreed. Strikers are a different breed, Robbie Keane, Robert Earnshaw, El Hadji Diouf, Dibryl (sic.) Cisse, Lomana Lua Lua, David Neilson..........  Are just a few eccentric personalities that celebrate wildly when they score goals....

Its just because he is Lita, who several people have a pre existing dislike for. If it was someone else we would all be saying how great it is to see passion and how much they care.

TBH if we had more players with a bit of attitude, maybe we would be higher up the League.

At least he is showing a bit of passion for the game and the joy of scoring goals...as long as he is here, i don''t care what he does whilst he is winning games for us!

[quote user="Budapest Canary"]Prolific strikers often have big egos. They''re a different breed from defenders with their ''part of the ship part of the crew'' attitude. Just remember Earnshaw. He was also full of himself. I have no problem with it as long as they keep scoring... [/quote]

Take any profession, the people at the top are full of themselves. That''s what got them there. Common sense really.

It was a pleasure to see Lita''s goal. The man''s got talent and belief and, as noted in the original post, focus. After 92 mins of arse-numbing boredom he popped up and whacked it in. That was impressive 

Sorry but selfish egotistical strikers are usually great players, Bellamy, Earnie come to mind. They may not ever be Norwich through and through, but loyalty is a dying commodity in this game now.

[quote user="Arturo Whittoli"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Lighten up old chum.

[/quote]

Arthur, I believe I am both light and right. The points are not mutually exclusive. Some of the responses to the point are hardly surprising but many reflect shallowness of thought. When we sadly lack goal scoring ability it doesn''t make much sense to unnecessarily deliberately be penalised with a yellow card. It is dumb for two reasons. If it''s tolerated, then the individual is likely to repeat the behaviour and other players can pick up on a lack of discipline being applied by management. Some of these young men are not beyond applying a "monkey see, monkey do" approach. Also, if a player scores the goal early enough ( not the case here of course ) and commits the dumb infraction and then picks up a second yellow....he''s off. They are perfectly sound reasons for not being supportive of such behaviour....quite apart from my previously stated reasons as to why I personally find it distasteful.  

TBH Yankke, i think you had to be there to appreciate it..we had 80 mins of mind-numbing boredom and a lack of passion, tempo, drive and self-belief from our players...we get one well-taken equaliser from a mis-hit cross shot and then 10 mins of what we should have had earlier in the match....and Lita snatched it with a well-taken goal 2 mins into injury time! 

He, quite rightly, was beside himself with delight! [:D]

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

On the one hand, goal scorers should act like they''ve done their job before and not get stupid.  If they do yellow card celebrations each time they score, that means Lita will be out for the game next Saturday if he scores at Derby because of accumulated yellows. 

On the other hand, I admit that when I''ve taught my class a good history lesson, I tear off my shirt and point at the principal''s office.

[/quote]

I too am a History Teacher!!