Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

4-3-3 ?

This is the change that won us the game on Saturday. Not Bell for Croft but Hoolahoop for Cureton and we went with Bell, Russell, Sammy in the middle and JC, Sibs and Leroy up front. Not that the turn around had much to do with Cureton - could equally have been Omar or Lupoli.

We weren''t getting any joy down the wings because they were packing the midfield. I don''t think Roeder would favour this as a starting line up but i think it gives us a really useful option if we''re not creating anything up front.

After all, our last major success in this league was with playing 4-3-3, even if Hucks-Sven-Leon isn''t quite the same as Omar-Sibs-Leroy!

[quote user="a1canary"]This is the change that won us the game on Saturday. Not Bell for Croft but Hoolahoop for Cureton and we went with Bell, Russell, Sammy in the middle and JC, Sibs and Leroy up front. Not that the turn around had much to do with Cureton - could equally have been Omar or Lupoli.

[/quote]Typically unfair and biased against Curo A1, especially as Neil Adams thought he played well, be fair.

your midfield won the game vs wolves - for that fact i wouldnt change your formation, no disrespect but you not known for your high scoring powers within the league and i think you be better of keeping things tighter than say opening games up.

Come off it Wiz - there is not judgement here on JC, just fact. He couldn''t and didn''t do a great deal in the 12 minutes he had. End of. He looked lively though and probably unsettled them a bit.

I''m talking about the formation though. It gave them something else to deal with. And they didn''t. It''s a useful change for Roeder to have up his sleeve in a game.

I''m sorry Wiz, but JC really didn''t contribute anything on Saturday. Apart from ducking out of the way at one point for some unbeknown reason. Will give his all, but isn''t the player he was. He doesn''t have the pace to get it behind defences (ala Koroma) or the skill to take it round them (ala Lupoli), and in the last year has lost his clinical touch. Hate to say it, but Cureton''s days are numbered.

[quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]

Hate to say it, but Cureton''s days are numbered.

[/quote]Cal me pig headed here, but I can''t agree his days are numbered, well, not with me they ain''t.

Ok.... your pig headed [;)]

Unfortunatley Wiz with the best will in the world 20 minutes of Canaries World highlights cant tell you how well a player did in his 12 minute substitute appearance.

[quote user="once upon a time there was a tavern"]

your midfield won the game vs wolves - for that fact i wouldnt change your formation, no disrespect but you not known for your high scoring powers within the league and i think you be better of keeping things tighter than say opening games up.

[/quote]

Can you remind us how many goals we put past you???  Five wasn''t it?

[quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]

but isn''t the player he was.

[/quote]

I can''t help but think the problem is that he''s exactly the player he was.

He wasn''t quite good enough when he was here the first time and he''s still not quite good enough.

[quote user="once upon a time there was a tavern"]also not to many teams are succesful nowdays playing 4-3-3[/quote]You''re kidding me right.Suppose you were too busy watching American ''Football'' to see Liverpool v Chelsea yesterday [^o)]

liverpool dont have 3 strikers fit or even at the club so doubt they played 4-3-3, but if they did then i''ll hold my hands up and apoligise

honestly though the only club i can think of in england who play 4-3-3 well are aston villa

[quote user="once upon a time there was a tavern"]

liverpool dont have 3 strikers fit or even at the club so doubt they played 4-3-3, but if they did then i''ll hold my hands up and apoligise

honestly though the only club i can think of in england who play 4-3-3 well are aston villa

[/quote]They didn''t they played 4-4-1-1 - wouldn''t it have been easier to check before posting anyway?

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]

[/quote]Cal me pig headed here, but I can''t agree his days are numbered, well, not with me they ain''t.[/quote]That''s good because he''s about Lowestoft Town standard... you can pop down and watch him on a Saturday.

Liverpool play like a lot of European teams. They play with Torres pushed up and one from Keane, Reina, Kuyt and Babel. They attack with 3, which makes it 4-3-3 and defend as 5-4-1.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]

[/quote]Cal me pig headed here, but I can''t agree his days are numbered, well, not with me they ain''t.[/quote]

That''s good because he''s about Lowestoft Town standard... you can pop down and watch him on a Saturday.

[/quote]A typical cheap shot and oh so predictable from the usual source!.[:|]

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]Liverpool play like a lot of European teams. They play with Torres pushed up and one from Keane, Reina, Kuyt and Babel. They attack with 3, which makes it 4-3-3 and defend as 5-4-1.[/quote]

Think Reina''s doing a good enough job in goal..