Sign in to follow this  
ZLF

Holt in the back 4

Most of the comment has been that it will be good to see Shackell have a start in defence when Malky serves his suspension - he deserves his chance and has looked more than capable whenever I have seen him.

However following the Edworthy/Briggs debacle I find myself predicting that Shackell will suffer the effects of flu shortly before the game and we will see Holt taking Malkys place instead... anybody else have this fear?

This helps NW avoids a decision of who to play in central midfield and keeps his senior players happy.

And what does Holt have over NW to have kept him in the side throughout some poor performance?

OTBC

Yeah i share the same fear..

Let''s just say Shackell does play against Cardiff at home and gets man of the match-Malky The Mule will still be re-instated for the following game..

Worthy has far to many favourites-who even when underperforming keep there place week in and week out!!

he can''t surely play Holt at centre half, Shackell has got to get the nod. Watching Fleming coach Holt last night as to what to do and seeing him get wrong footed at least three times in ten minutes must be enough for Worthy to not even consider it. At any other club a player who plays poorly gets dropped for someone who wants a chance, Shackell should come in and either Francis or Holt need to step down after a lacklustre performance. If I was Worthy I would have said to Francis and Holt before the game "When McAllister gets the ball...flatten him, don''t let him boss the game" but he ran riot, depsite being an OAP.

you must have read my mind mate

yes, indeed, we will see the day when holty finally plays in every position

this is ridiculous worthy, we are losing points fast

play mulryne and we just might score some more goals, get passing again and use the undoubted talents of messrs crouch, huckerby, mcveigh and rivers (yes he needs to come back too)

please, do it, and do it saturday