Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

SHIRT LIFTERS!

i would say lifting someones shirt who doesn`t go in for shirt lifting is definately ungentlemanly conduct but lifting your own  shirt in celebration is fine 

I had often wondered why a player get''s booked for taking his shirt off. Somebody told me recently that it is an effort by the powers that be to make English football more marketable to certain areas of the world who deem a topless male to be offensive. Anyone know anything about this? or any other possible reasons?

[quote user="Fuglestad"]I had often wondered why a player get''s booked for taking his shirt off. Somebody told me recently that it is an effort by the powers that be to make English football more marketable to certain areas of the world who deem a topless male to be offensive. Anyone know anything about this? or any other possible reasons?

[/quote]

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/adrian-chiles-memo-to-the-fa-what-so-terrible-about-taking-your-shirt-off-675757.html

When a player scores, every camera in the ground is focused on them. If the player doesn''t have his shirt on, then the sponser on the shirt is not on camera. Its because football has become more about money and marketing than actually having fun and playing football. The sponsers want to be on television when the player is celebrating. Any time the player doesnt have a shirt on, they are not being advertised, and they dont like losing that major bit of advertising when the camera is zoomed in on the player.

no they shouldnt, but someone like litas should, he ran half the pitch without a top on why? if you doing ravenelli or something similar then no you shouldnt

on way back from watford i heard bloke on radio saying a player got booked for putting on a pirate hat when he scored, that how bad its got!

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="Fuglestad"]I had often wondered why a player get''s booked for taking his shirt off. Somebody told me recently that it is an effort by the powers that be to make English football more marketable to certain areas of the world who deem a topless male to be offensive. Anyone know anything about this? or any other possible reasons?

[/quote]

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/adrian-chiles-memo-to-the-fa-what-so-terrible-about-taking-your-shirt-off-675757.html

[/quote]Thanks Camuldonum, an interesting if frustrating read.

This is a very grave matter Rude Old and one we shouldn''t scoff at. I too am concerned. I believe that a shirt lifter deserves eternal plague and pestilience . Contrast this action to simply removing one''s shirt to reveal a finely honed ,some would say attractive, muscled torso without a hint of excess. The two couldn''t be more opposite. Add to the debate the lifter who has an undershirt with a witty or religious message and it all becomes a bit too much for me. I''d rather debate the off side rule with my wife.

I think the players should make a stand and always do it, regardless whether they''ve scored or merely put in the decent tackle perhaps. Eventually the refs will give up. It''s good for the game. Nothing wrong with entertaining the straight women and gay supporter either.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Am I right in thinking our last shirt lifter scored a cracking winner against Man Utd?[/quote]

I thought that goal was against Liverpool? (if I''m on the same wavelength as you).

And of course, history will tell you he was the only ever gay footballer. Yeah, right....

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Can some of you please desist from trying to turn this into some sort of gay commentary, it is about goalscorers.[/quote]

What''s up Mr F ?  Worried about a few single entendres ?  In that case, why not title the original post "players who take their shirts off when scoring a goal " ?

Well Yank you would think that considering the way you dress your "footballers" up! By the way we only hang toilet paper and towels in our "closets".

Personally LeRoy''s body looked pretty fine to me and I only wish mine looked one quarter as good.

[quote user="Bobert"]

Well Yank you would think that considering the way you dress your "footballers" up! By the way we only hang toilet paper and towels in our "closets".

Personally LeRoy''s body looked pretty fine to me and I only wish mine looked one quarter as good.

[/quote]

....and fruit on your head, or are you enviously thinking you''d like to be an American football player?

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]You''ve finally confirmed my suspicions Yankee. You are a closet shirt lifter.[/quote]

I''m too Yellow to admit it.

[quote user="Roedy Can''t Fail!!"]Right now I''d be really chuffed if we had two Norwich players prepared to "come out" after the interval and show the Derby team some shirt lifting behaviour.

I doubt that very much Roedy. It sounds like they all had their backs to the wall first half.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

Never mind shirt lifting. Whoever would have thought that producing a pirate''s hat was a bookable offence [:O]

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v438/appsair65/?action=view&current=ChipstaedCracker2.flv

Chipstead vs Torquay in the FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round apparently.

[/quote]Crikey!! Was it the cock he gave it? Bet the yellow came as a bit of a blow though.