Sign in to follow this  
cuckoo in the nest

Players ratings

Marshall, -positioning suspect, punches too much, couldn''t be faulted for goals -some decent throw outs -lost the ball in a late clearance-had to field too many backpasses 5

Omozusi, -Ok , got caught out now and then wanted involvement 5

Kennedy, strong , good goal 7

Stefanovic, not as striong as Kennedy 6

Bertrand, reasonable 5

Croft, was active but can''t deliver a final ball 6

Clingan, good footballer , neat 6

Russell,  was he there? 2

Hoolahan, should have been sub''d after he lost ball in middle of pitch leading to their 1st goal . Consistent he gave  the ball away time and time again 0

Sibierski,  not a threat at all , fell over when tackled , clearly not bothered 3

Lita, needs to study the offside rule and then hit Hoolahan with the rulebook until such time the latter is no longer able to play . Missed a sitter  (which was the turning point as we were pressing for an equaliser up to then ) when clean through one on one with Bywater 5

Subs:  Bell, neat touches and passes 6

Pattison.well what can I say ? I was starting to want Hooly back  on the pitch -two bad passes to Derby players in last 20 minutes almost conceded goals . Not poor , not very poor , he is extremely poor -minus 2

Roeder-I don''t care whether we have loans or not -the quality ain''t there -just b4 half time we had a throw -in by the Derby corner flag and we worked it back to Marshall without one Derby player touching the ball -why are we so negative ? This manager has never won promotion -he isn''t a Gary Johnson, a Paul Sturrock, a Tony Mowbray -that''s why he was out of work  for a year when we appointed him  2

Marshall 4, made 1 top save, pelted the ball upto Lita all game, waste of time

Omouzi 4, Commons made him look daft, time and time again

Bertrand 4, Couple of decent tackles, awful passing, caught in no-mans-land or 3rd, when we were on top

Stefanovic 5, Won everything, had alot of ball tonight, but did nothing productive with it

Kennedy 7, Won everything, cracking header for goal

Croft 5, Never once got past their full back, tried to deliver blocked everytime, picked up in 2nd half

Hoolahan -10, No excistant, light weight, not paticulary fast, never beat a man, gave the ball away, continues to step on the ball,

Sibs 4, balled lumped at him for 45 mins, no positive contribution

Lita 6, tried hard, made alot of runs, found offside alot tho I do blame that on the poor and slow service, missed a absolut sitter at 2-1

Russell 4, no positive contribution

Clinghan 8, did well, didnt win much but very tidy player, kept the ball got it down and tried to play, everything we did good started through Sammy

Subs - Bell - 7, Did well impress like Clinghan, played alot of good football, didnt give the ball away, super wiped in corner for goal.

Patti - Still useless, tried hard, unable to complete 5 yard passes

Disagree about Marshall, otherwise here''s my thoughts...

Marshall  - was at fault for the 3rd goal - came out and then changed his mind. Also tried to dribble around their striker which would have been 4-1.

Omozusi - defended excellently in the 2nd half - linked up well with Croft and wasn''t at fault for goals.

Kennedy - Excellent - but the two had a tough time aainst Hulse and Ellington. These two strikers posed the sorts of problems that we just didn''t seem to tonight.

Bertrand - Did ok. In fact, his on poor pieceof play was his distribution not helped by Hoolahan going walkabout from his left wing too often. But he got forwards, and did little obviously wrong.

Stefanovic - Solid in the air but his left foot is so frustrating. Sprays brilliant passes out to Croft but then lumps these wayward hopeful high balls over the top with no hope of a player winning them. And hdid that 6 or 7 times in the second half.

Clingan - Solid but not his best game. Too often the Derby midfield passed it around us - partic in the first half.

Russell - V poor - arguing with Kennedy on two orthree occasions after not picking up his man too. And he didn''t win a header.

Croft - No final ball but that''s probably becaue he''s always trying to cross past his man, because he NEVER beats him. He was good in the second half, intelligent cross field passes, but if he has pace he never uses it to go past and make space himself.

Hoolahan - Terrible. He looked lost after his mistake for the first goal and didn''t make a single telling contributionl.

Lita - needs to learn the offside rule before saturday - he was flagged 7 or 8 times - although the midfield passes weren''t as quick as he might have anticipated. Otherwise worked hard and closed down well - disappointing miss at 2-1 which could have changed the game, he was clean through and took too long.

Sibierski - A couple of flick-on''s. That was it.

Subs

Bell - PLayed on the left but didn''t look out of place. Great corner, couple of good crosses and came inside past his man to open up space.

Pattison - Thought he played well - made one poor pass but worked back to defend well. Made some good challenges and burst forwards with pace once or twice. Should start on Saturday for a more solid midfield.

My additions to what  has already been said:-

Marshall - looked very average compared to the keeper I once thought he was - kicking was suspect from goal kicks (unless he was meant to be kicking in to touch). I can never understand why keepers can''t kick with pinpoint accuracy from a goal kick - there is no pressure on them at all unlike a backpass. Flapped a few times trying to punch, not to mention the time when he tried to dribble past the Derby striker who thankfully ended up missing the goal.

Stefanovich & Kennedy - I don''t share the opinion that these were some of our best players. Ellington and Hulse ran them ragged in the first half, I though Stef won very little in the air against Hulse and seemed to be keen to push players over to win the ball. There was clearly unrest between these two and Russell at various times of the circus display.

Lita - was caught offside more times than he touched the ball first half. You could blame the slow service, but didnt look like scoring the one on one that could have put us level - not what you''d expect. Certainly didnt look like a player that everyone wants us to sign on a permanent basis.

Pattison - absolutely useless! Looked lazy, overweight and not bothered. As one of Roeder''s few signings, what can he say about Pattison?

Clingon - our best player (if we had a best player) - you can see why he and Commons did well for Forest last season.

Marshall 5 - a couple of good reflex saves to keep us in with a shout but messes around and nearly gave away another howler which would certainly have got the authorities looking at betting patterns, too much hoofing up field to nobody...and guess what?...nobody (on our side) gets it.

Hoolahan 3 - bottleless lightweight, couldn''t hold onto the ball or pass successfully tonight. Ran away from the ball and certainly made few attempts at tackling...you''d have thought he was the matchday mascot

Clingan 6 - worked hard

Russell 4 - missing for most of the game...got the dreaded curse of the captain!

Lita 5 - tonight''s performance is why he is with us and not playing for Reading

Matty Patty 5 - injected some pace and guts into the second half, but woefully poor with some of his passes and nearly gave away a goal, but tracked back furiously and redeemed himself slightly

Dont want to think about this anymore!

It was a long and difficult drive in blizzard conditions and I''d give a big 10 for another good turn out of the Y''army, who kept in good voice throughout,

Marshall - 5 : Looked pretty nervous throughout game, wild punches from crosses and near calamity outside his box...did make a great reaction save from header in first half

Omozusi, - 5 : Nothing more than ordinary

Kennedy - 6 : Not as impressed as the ratings above suggest, looked very slow to me against Ellington

Stefanovic - 7 : Made some crucial interventions

Bertrand - 5 : Ordinary

Croft - 7 : Only consistent threat during the game, took his man on, must do better with final ball

Clingan - 7.5 : Tidy performance, some good switches of play, and generally competant

Russell - 5 : Struggled to get involved - looked better when given more chance to attack in the 5 man midfield in the second half

Hoolahan - 4.5 : To start with thought he was having a good game, due to looking quite skilful on the ball, but soon realised these moments of "skill" were really just due to his inability to play the simple pass or effectively retain possession.   Took up unusual  positions, mainly played as a deep inside left, very ineffective.

Sibierski - 4 : One trick pony, flicked headers off his bald heed, only unlike Dublin these often have no deliberate direction of purpose.  Criminally bad decision not to shoot from a good cross in the first half.

Lita - 5 : Was sitting with a Derby mate on the touch-line so could see the whole off-side situation.  Lino in first half was slow and inaccurate, but overall Lita must do better.  His method of staying offside, then jumping back when a through ball is played is stupid.  Bad miss in second half. 

Subs:  Bell - 5 : Another of these wingers that Roeder seems to love, quite technically profficient, alright cross, but easily neutralised and lacking penetration, will not get to the touch line often.

Pattison - 6 : Mainly for effort, played with high energy and belief, and sparked our mini-revival period.

Roeder- 4 : 2-0 down change to 1 up front...

My down jacket - 10 : It was bloody freezing

The Diffference: Ellington, Hulse and Commons - watching them you feel even on an off day they will at least cause problems - have a combination of skill, pace and strength which nobody in the Norwich squad can get close to.  With reliable outlets for the ball, the game becomes easy, pressure comes off the midfield, the team play well.  In contrast we have a collection of strickers who need very specific service (Hulse deals with a ball lumped to him by holding it up with strength and determination, we have...Siberski?!) and midfielders who lack penetration (Croft accepted possibly)...we desperately need to get Russell bombing on, and buy a proper winger and target man or big trouble awaits.

Marshall - 6, 1 great save in first half but nearly another howler late on
Omozusi - 5, Commons gave him a tough time but he stuck to it
Kennedy - 7, can''t remember Ellington doing anything really and he scored
Dejan - 6, good battle with Hulse but unfortunately Hulse won the majority of headers
Bertrand - 6, kept Teale quiet, looked good down the left with Bell and nearly scored a cracker
Croft - 6, lively and energetic, not much in first half but some threatening runs in the 2nd
Russell - 4, might be being harsh but i thought he was outbattled by Addison and was ineffective up front in the 2nd half
Clingan - 7, best player in my eyes, he very rarely gives it away and looks so composed in possession
Hoolahan - 3, not his day, lightweight and like many flair players blows hot and cold, very cold tonight! what annoyed me was his lack of effort in keeping the ball in just before the scored
Sibierski - 6, didn''t think he deserved to go off, was 1 of the few decent performers in the first period
Lita - 4, offside several times even if some looked very close, he has enough pace to wait longer, missed a great chance. 1 of those days, he looked lively but didn''t come off

Bell - 7, played on the left but looked comfortable, good feet and good service, assist for goal, must start for me but on his favoured right
Pattison - 6, gave much needed energy to the middle after introduction as began to get on top

[quote user="ncfc_chris"]Marshall - 6, 1 great save in first half but nearly another howler late on
Omozusi - 5, Commons gave him a tough time but he stuck to it
Kennedy - 7, can''t remember Ellington doing anything really and he scored
Dejan - 6, good battle with Hulse but unfortunately Hulse won the majority of headers
Bertrand - 6, kept Teale quiet, looked good down the left with Bell and nearly scored a cracker
Croft - 6, lively and energetic, not much in first half but some threatening runs in the 2nd
Russell - 4, might be being harsh but i thought he was outbattled by Addison and was ineffective up front in the 2nd half
Clingan - 7, best player in my eyes, he very rarely gives it away and looks so composed in possession
Hoolahan - 3, not his day, lightweight and like many flair players blows hot and cold, very cold tonight! what annoyed me was his lack of effort in keeping the ball in just before the scored
Sibierski - 6, didn''t think he deserved to go off, was 1 of the few decent performers in the first period
Lita - 4, offside several times even if some looked very close, he has enough pace to wait longer, missed a great chance. 1 of those days, he looked lively but didn''t come off

Bell - 7, played on the left but looked comfortable, good feet and good service, assist for goal, must start for me but on his favoured right
Pattison - 6, gave much needed energy to the middle after introduction as began to get on top
[/quote]

we must have been at different games because i thought he was our worst player!

went to the game last night and was really dissapointed with the performance. first 5-10 minutes we started ok and put them under pressure but after that we just could not cope with the energy of paul green in centre midfield. we got no where near kris commons who ripped us to pieces all game, as did rob hulse who in my opinion is the best striker in this league. away fans were load when we sang, but roeder and co did not deserve the support we gave them and were rightly booed. all in all the first half was the worst performance i half seen from norwich in a long time, and derby should really have been 4 or 5 up.

any way heres my ratings

marshall 8 - could do litttle about the goals. Made a couple of great saves to prevent the scoreline looking worse

Omozusi 5 - offered nothing first halh and was repeatably skinned by commons. more of an attacking threat second half

bertrand 4 - Poor game, no composure on the ball, hurried clearances. looked shaky all game. time for drury to be recalled

kennedy 8 - Very classy defender, put his foot on the ball and tried to pass out of defence, put himself about.

stefanovic 6 - at times good, but seems to lose his marker occasionally. difficult job marking hulse and lost alot of headers.

croft 5 - awful first half, lucky not to get substituted at half time. came into life second half but still never beat his man once.

hoolahan 5 - People will slate him for this performance, but he is clearly lacking confidence. only player who tried to create although nothing came off.

russell 5 - all huff and puff. he never gets into space and every time he had the ball last night he was shielding it from a derby player and passing backwards becuase he is to easily marked.

clingan 7 - poor first half never got hold of the game. second half he got on the ball and looked classy, some nice passing and tackling and was alwasys available. shame he could not have done that first half.

sibierski 3 - awfull performance. did absoulutely nothing, barely won a header and was easy to mark. never drops to look for the ball.

lita 7 - always looked dangerous especialy second half. a couple of turns where his shear power just turned the defender. won his fair share of headers but missed a great oppurtunity when through on goal at 2-1.

subs

bell 7- looked dangourous and composed on the ball and produced some good deliverys from corners and crosses.

pattison 6 - battled hard and gave the midfield  a bit of bite. more composed on the ball then rusty.