Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

Cabnary Call prediction calls....

The relative silence by Neil Adams on a couple of callers tonight spoke volumes, particularly to the caller who had a supporter friend at Newacastle United. His input was to say that Mr. Roeder needed to be top dog at any club which is probably why Huckerby had to go. The caller said "you know what Roeder is like Neil from your own experience." Neil quickly said "Thanks very much for your call."

I didn''t hear Canary Call tonight, Yankee but that call you report is interesting. This is my developing view of Roeder.

BTW when you eventually get round to voting who do you favour?

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

I didn''t hear Canary Call tonight, Yankee but that call you report is interesting. This is my developing view of Roeder.

BTW when you eventually get round to voting who do you favour?

[/quote]

Rudolph, I''m a staunch Republican, and will vote accordingly. However, the choices on both sides in this campaign leave much to be desired and, I''m afraid, the tide seems to be against my side this time around. While many in Europe seem to have a fondness for Obama there is much to be concerned about on that front. Not just based upon the normal anti arising from campaign rhetoric.     

[quote user="Largey"]

''Neil, why is it, we can go and beat the league leaders 5-2, then one week after play like this?!''

''Well Dave from Lowerstoft, thats what we would all like to know, im not to sure but its showing our inconsistancy yet again.''

''What do you mean you are not sure?! Neil, I want to know why we are playing like this again!''

''OK Dave, I wish I could tell you, but I really dont know.''

''No Neil, you do know!''

[/quote]

Hello, Neil.  Camuldonum from Tollesbury.

"I''m a Colchester supporter."

Neil: "I am sorry about that but what is your question.?"

My question is: "How can you be employed by Norwich City PLC and say exactly what you think?"

Neil: "Well, I can say...oh, dear we seem to have lost the line there."

Neil: "But now on the line is Jason from Thorpe St Andrew.  Hallo Jason.........................."

[8-|]

Yankee, I wasn''t surprised to see the reported planned assasination of Obama because I suspect there are those in America who would be moved to extreme measures to prevent his becoming President. If I were him I would be concerned about my security.

On the other hand there is the old warhorse and Miss Alaska......what a choice!

I was genuinely interested to look at a political map of America recently and find so many Republican areas having a large black populace while many democratic areas are predominantly white or with large hispanic populations. Why is this so?

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Largey"]

''Neil, why is it, we can go and beat the league leaders 5-2, then one week after play like this?!''

''Well Dave from Lowerstoft, thats what we would all like to know, im not to sure but its showing our inconsistancy yet again.''

''What do you mean you are not sure?! Neil, I want to know why we are playing like this again!''

''OK Dave, I wish I could tell you, but I really dont know.''

''No Neil, you do know!''

[/quote]

Hello, Neil.  Camuldonum from Tollesbury.

"I''m a Colchester supporter."

Neil: "I am sorry about that but what is your question.?"

My question is: "How can you be employed by Norwich City PLC and say exactly what you think?"

Neil: "Well, I can say...oh, dear we seem to have lost the line there."

Neil: "But now on the line is Jason from Thorpe St Andrew.  Hallo Jason.........................."

[8-|]

[/quote]

spot on Cam! I have said for a while we need someone who knows the club, but isnt employed by it and will say what they think... Radio Snorefolk should replace Adams with Craig Fleming imo

jas :)

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

Yankee, I wasn''t surprised to see the reported planned assasination of Obama because I suspect there are those in America who would be moved to extreme measures to prevent his becoming President. If I were him I would be concerned about my security.

On the other hand there is the old warhorse and Miss Alaska......what a choice!

I was genuinely interested to look at a political map of America recently and find so many Republican areas having a large black populace while many democratic areas are predominantly white or with large hispanic populations. Why is this so?

[/quote]

Sorry Rudolph....I was called away for dinner.

Well, I can''t speak to the details you saw as I''m not sure which map you were looking at. The black population in the U.S. represents just over 12% of the total population of 300 million plus. Of course until Abraham Lincoln happened along, the history was that most of the black poulation was based in the southern part of the country. With the ending of slavery there was quite a migration north, primarily to major urban centres like Chicago and New York. However, in general, more than 50% still reside in the south, much of which has been historically Republican stronghold states. The bulk of the remaining half tend to be focused in urban centres in the north in cities between , and including, New York and Chicago. The latter two cities, in particular, have a long history of being Democratic, because of the ethnic diversity population mix. Within these areas there are totally suburban Republican areas, but they tend to have less weight when it comes to elections because of the Electoral College process. 

With respect to your point on white and hispanic population areas the classic example is California which, while currently having a Republican Governor, has long been a Democratic state....all the flakes are there...mixed in with a lot of decent folk I''m sure. The significant growth in the hispanic population there has certainly done nothing but strengthen that political bias. The growth of the hispanic population in Florida is also starting to move that state in a Democratic direction although the Republicans have depended upon Florida for past successes.

I don''t have a lot of expertise on the overall demographics but a lot of women ( particularly 40 and older ) were supportive of Hillary Clinton ( I''m very glad to see that one did not come to pass ) and many of them, after much fussing and pouting, have stayed on the Democrat side.

Of course, there are many more details that could address you questions but that''s as far as my input should go on this forum. 

Thanks for the description, Yankee. I suggest the situation with America and politics is more interesting and dynamic than most over here realise. It seems to be very diverse. I suspect you will get Obama in the end, but it will be close.

I have to agree that Fleming would be a better choice for Cabbage Call. He was very honest about what Worthington had undone at Norwich when everyone except Iwan was keeping quiet.

I would love to call up with a fake mid norfolk accent, say ''Two-heads from Hevingham'', and wind Neil up, saying how much we miss Dean Coney...