Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Doncaster - A man I would trust with my life

[quote user="SPat"][quote user="Tim Allman"]

"We have frequently been asked in the last few weeks why we are not replacing such a vital cog in the Carrow Road machine, particularly at a time when the club''s revenue-generating activities are so important to us"

Thanks for that Neil, real question is why a man of AC''s calibre left in the first place, and why NCFC didn''t do more to keep him. Funny how that was not mentioned in the article.

[/quote]

and he said "The answer is that if we are successful in our search for new investment into the club, it is entirely feasible that any new owner or owners would want a strong input into the way that our commercial activities are shaped" which clearly states why they are not doing more to keep him. It would appear that he left so he''s off the wage bill. I''m hoping that quote suggests that serious new investment will come in.

Andy C was instrumental in organising the evil off-field revenue schemes, the way some of you are going on you should be pleased he''s gone, or is that his departure is yet another stick to beat the club with? Damned if they do, damned if they don''t.

[/quote]

Perhaps you should read my post again. (For the avoidance of doubt the quoted words are from the EDP and my question is below that)

My question was why we didn’t /couldn’t keep Andy Cullen at NCFC and the quote from the article that you have used was with regard to why he is not being replaced.

Cost is the obvious reason for no new replacement and men of Andy Cullen’s ability will not come cheap, but the new owner argument in the article is laughable.

Read the Man in the Stands Column this week. I’m much more inclined to think that his view, as opposed to a comment in  Neil Doncaster’s article, is where we are as regards new investment.

It’s very bad news that Andy has left NCFC. In a time where money is tight and the football is not great, we’ll need him and his schemes more than ever.

The real question is why Andy Cullen has left, and not that he is not being replaced.

[quote user="gary "]

So it seems that we are only getting 20.000 through the gates and in the state we are because of one man - and that man has no input on the football side of the " business " at all

Cobblers - He may well have simplified the season ticket payment options, but a marketing man is only as good as the product he has to market and while NCFC is very important to and a much loved part of Norfolk - there will come a time when the reality of finance and underachievement kick in

I would think MK Dons are much like we were when Cullen came here - needing to market themselves to their public , but they are not as well loved or as established as NCFC and the greater football world is not so keen to see a franchise operation succeed

So we are not employing a Marketing Manager now - I cannot really see what difference that will make to us trying to achieve promotion - Can the fact that a glossy brochure outlining what corporate events are possible is sent out to the local community - win us any points on teh field

[/quote]

Good post.  NCFC`s post-war average attendance is 18,500 so averaging 24,000 in a period when football has been booming is not particularly incredible.  Having said that the club do deserve credit for at least starting to fulfill the potential crowds it`s huge catchment area warrants.

Agreed about MKDons.  They are basically trying to create a new fanbase, whilst our club has just taken advantage of one that was already there.

[quote user="Tim Allman"][quote user="SPat"][quote user="Tim Allman"]

"We have frequently been asked in the last few weeks why we are not replacing such a vital cog in the Carrow Road machine, particularly at a time when the club''s revenue-generating activities are so important to us"

Thanks for that Neil, real question is why a man of AC''s calibre left in the first place, and why NCFC didn''t do more to keep him. Funny how that was not mentioned in the article.

[/quote]

and he said "The answer is that if we are successful in our search for new investment into the club, it is entirely feasible that any new owner or owners would want a strong input into the way that our commercial activities are shaped" which clearly states why they are not doing more to keep him. It would appear that he left so he''s off the wage bill. I''m hoping that quote suggests that serious new investment will come in.

Andy C was instrumental in organising the evil off-field revenue schemes, the way some of you are going on you should be pleased he''s gone, or is that his departure is yet another stick to beat the club with? Damned if they do, damned if they don''t.

[/quote]

Perhaps you should read my post again. (For the avoidance of doubt the quoted words are from the EDP and my question is below that)

My question was why we didn’t /couldn’t keep Andy Cullen at NCFC and the quote from the article that you have used was with regard to why he is not being replaced.

Cost is the obvious reason for no new replacement and men of Andy Cullen’s ability will not come cheap, but the new owner argument in the article is laughable.

Read the Man in the Stands Column this week. I’m much more inclined to think that his view, as opposed to a comment in  Neil Doncaster’s article, is where we are as regards new investment.

It’s very bad news that Andy has left NCFC. In a time where money is tight and the football is not great, we’ll need him and his schemes more than ever.

The real question is why Andy Cullen has left, and not that he is not being replaced.

[/quote]Perhaps you should re-read my answer again. Thanks, I do know what the quote is in reference to. He left so he''s off the wage bill, ie. probably got a unacceptable wage offer, contract terminated or whatever. The club are cost cutting.