Pete Raven

Doncaster - A man I would trust with my life

City, then owned by Geoffrey Watling, was experiencing severe financial

problems that were only solved by Delia and Michael''s purchase of Mr

Watling''s shares in December and the successful share issue that they

underwrote in the New Year.
And so the myth perpetuates....

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]

A nice way of deflecting his columm away from the real issues at hand.  A total cop out.

[/quote]

Doncaster is great at doing that..... everytime he opens his mouth. He offers more spin than a washing machine. [:|]

Towards the end of 1944 until pretty much the end of the war, propaganda was spouting that all is well in the Nazi rose garden.  People deep down knew that the writing was on the wall.  Doomy''s column is similar to this, a rose coloured view of City.*Note to the fans who get offended on other people''s behalf. I''m not comparing the board to NAZIs just the situation.

[quote user="Giovani Dos Santos"]

i trust doncaster with my life........

NOT

[/quote]Do you trust Doncaster with your wife though? [;)]

Doncaster forgot one important fact when he wrote this. We don''t care about a marketing executive, we care about winning games.

You only have to read between the lines to realise that Doomcaster and Co are happy and think they have been succesful cos the ground is nearly full week in week out.

Isn''t it about time they gave us a team to be proud of????

I have a feeling that with the financial world in turmoil and the country in a recession, even the little bit of what they call success may turn round and bite them very very hard come next Spring and season ticket renewal time!

"We have frequently been asked in the last few weeks why we are not replacing such a vital cog in the Carrow Road machine, particularly at a time when the club''s revenue-generating activities are so important to us"

Thanks for that Neil, real question is why a man of AC''s calibre left in the first place, and why NCFC didn''t do more to keep him. Funny how that was not mentioned in the article.

so Neil Doncaster bleats crap about something we have all know for months yet doesnt discuss whats going on re Investment, or the situation regarding the lack of funds...

Why the hell does Archant bother printing this drivel?

jas :)

[quote user="Tim Allman"]

"We have frequently been asked in the last few weeks why we are not replacing such a vital cog in the Carrow Road machine, particularly at a time when the club''s revenue-generating activities are so important to us"

Thanks for that Neil, real question is why a man of AC''s calibre left in the first place, and why NCFC didn''t do more to keep him. Funny how that was not mentioned in the article.

[/quote]

and he said "The answer is that if we are successful in our search for new

investment into the club, it is entirely feasible that any new owner or

owners would want a strong input into the way that our commercial

activities are shaped" which clearly states why they are not doing more to keep him. It would appear that he left so he''s off the wage bill. I''m hoping that quote suggests that serious new investment will come in.

Andy C was instrumental in organising the evil off-field revenue schemes, the way some of you are going on you should be pleased he''s gone, or is that his departure is yet another stick to beat the club with? Damned if they do, damned if they don''t.

So it seems that we are only getting 20.000 through the gates and in the state we are because of one man - and that man has no input on the football side of the " business " at all

Cobblers - He may well have simplified the season ticket payment options, but a marketing man is only as good as the product he has to market and while NCFC is very important to and a much loved part of Norfolk - there will come a time when the reality of finance and underachievement kick in

I would think MK Dons are much like we were when Cullen came here - needing to market themselves to their public , but they are not as well loved or as established as NCFC and the greater football world is not so keen to see a franchise operation succeed

So we are not employing a Marketing Manager now - I cannot really see what difference that will make to us trying to achieve promotion - Can the fact that a glossy brochure outlining what corporate events are possible is sent out to the local community - win us any points on teh field

[quote user="SPat"][quote user="Tim Allman"]

[/quote]

and he said "The answer is that if we are successful in our search for new investment into the club, it is entirely feasible that any new owner or owners would want a strong input into the way that our commercial activities are shaped" which clearly states why they are not doing more to keep him. It would appear that he left so he''s off the wage bill. I''m hoping that quote suggests that serious new investment will come in.

Andy C was instrumental in organising the evil off-field revenue schemes, the way some of you are going on you should be pleased he''s gone, or is that his departure is yet another stick to beat the club with? Damned if they do, damned if they don''t.

[/quote]

Bingo!  I really hope people take notice of this post, SPat.  The sound of a nail being hit squarely on the head.

whilst i dont doubt Andy Cullens credentials or his remarkable turnaround as far as season tickets are concerned... every year the club came out and said "We have sold 20,000 season tickets for this season!"

what they have never told us is how many of those are actual "Sales" and how many were 3 and 5 year tickets simply rolling over.... i bet the actualy number of new season ticket "sales" is actually pretty low... nearer the 15,000 mark... once the 3 and 5 year tickets expire and aren''t renewed the ppicture will be a lot clearer.

jas :)

[quote user="Temp the Revelator"][quote user="SPat"][quote user="Tim Allman"]

[/quote]

and he said "The answer is that if we are successful in our search for new investment into the club, it is entirely feasible that any new owner or owners would want a strong input into the way that our commercial activities are shaped" which clearly states why they are not doing more to keep him. It would appear that he left so he''s off the wage bill. I''m hoping that quote suggests that serious new investment will come in.

[/quote]

Bingo!  I really hope people take notice of this post, SPat.  The sound of a nail being hit squarely on the head.

[/quote]Thanks, don''t hold your breath though, I''m not  [:|]