Sign in to follow this  
ellis206

Just back from Derby and......

The first half was the worst I''ve seen Norwich play in ages, we looked good for about 7 minutes then just fell to pieces, Hoolahan was at fault for the first goal as he couldn''t be bothered to go and retrieve the ball before it ran out for a throw in (and he could have EASILY have gotten to it) and from the resulting throw in they scored, and half time couldn''t come quick enough! But the second half was a different story all together, we had them on the back foot for most of the half (maybe Derby were just sitting on there 2 goal lead) and once Kennedy scored I really thought we''d get something out of the game, and if Lita had scored that one on one I''m certain we would have gone on to win it, Derby were rattled and we were attacking with quality and playing some good football, Derby got their third goal against run of play and that sealed the game, our heads went down and we just waited for the full time whistle. David Bell really really impressed me tonight, he looked composed on the ball and is the best crosser of the ball I''ve seen in a Norwich shirt in ages and hopefully he gets a start at Burnley as he deserves it.

Thanks for the report Ellis - interesting stuff.

On the basis of this...

[quote]Hoolahan was at fault for the first goal as he couldn''t be bothered to go and retrieve the ball before it ran out for a throw in (and he could have EASILY have gotten to it) [/quote]

[quote]David Bell really really impressed me tonight, he looked composed on the ball and is the best crosser of the ball I''ve seen in a Norwich shirt in ages and hopefully he gets a start at Burnley as he deserves it. [/quote]

Could Bell on one wing, Croft on the other be the way forward ?  Or am I putting 2 and 2 together to make 7 ?

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

Could Bell on one wing, Croft on the other be the way forward ?  Or am I putting 2 and 2 together to make 7 ?

[/quote]Why not?...............Roeder does!

[quote user="ellis206"]The first half was the worst I''ve seen Norwich play in ages, we looked good for about 7 minutes then just fell to pieces, Hoolahan was at fault for the first goal as he couldn''t be bothered to go and retrieve the ball before it ran out for a throw in (and he could have EASILY have gotten to it) and from the resulting throw in they scored, and half time couldn''t come quick enough! But the second half was a different story all together, we had them on the back foot for most of the half (maybe Derby were just sitting on there 2 goal lead) and once Kennedy scored I really thought we''d get something out of the game, and if Lita had scored that one on one I''m certain we would have gone on to win it, Derby were rattled and we were attacking with quality and playing some good football, Derby got their third goal against run of play and that sealed the game, our heads went down and we just waited for the full time whistle.
David Bell really really impressed me tonight, he looked composed on the ball and is the best crosser of the ball I''ve seen in a Norwich shirt in ages and hopefully he gets a start at Burnley as he deserves it.
[/quote]

I agree with this post totally.... I’m glad somone else spotted Hoolahan not being bothered to chase down a ball that HE lost control of in the first place. He could have quite easily caught it before it went out for the throw. The fact that they then went on to score from said throw makes it ten times worse!

In fact Wesley looked very poor last night from the start, and the double substitution made all the difference at half time. Pattison looked good on the whole (apart from a couple of silly errors that nearly lead to yet more Derby goals) and Bell looked VERY good indeed, and should start the next game in my opinion.

This was the first game I’d been to this season (I live in Sheffield and was on my hols for the Barnsley game) and I must say we did look rather poor! Apart from the first 10mins, we really made Derby look way better than they were. The defence looked very shaky, with Omuzuzi looking particularly weak. Kennedy was a big positive for me though, and he looked very solid and won pretty much everything in the air. One thing that really bothered me about the whole back four was that waaaay too many times the ball was just hoofed up field without a look up to see if it was even going towards a Yellow shirt!

Forest at the City Ground followed by Wednesday at Hillsborough for me next. Two games we NEVER seem to get anything from! Good times.

Interesting to see how others see things, yes Hoolahan might have had time to catch it but what a woeful ball from Sibierski in the first place, its no good Hooley bashing as he wasnt completely to blame

Don''t worry Tim, he''s just flavour of the month, if the bashers are onto him, it leaves someone else alone. I don''t doubt everyone who played at Derby was at fault for something or other. We didn''t play that badly for the whole 90 minutes, but Derby, bless them, were streets ahead of us.

It used to be Fozzy, then Pattison (or was he before Fozzy) last season it was Doc, oh and Hucks. Now it''s Hoolahan. Who next?

We have to face it don''t we. We are an average side, with limitations. This team (including loans) has been changed practically every time they have played for one reason or another. I am not surprised none of them have any idea who they are supposed to be marking or what position they are supposed to be in.

But carry on if bashing each and every player makes you feel better.