Sign in to follow this  
cuckoo in the nest

officials and mistakes

Quote from Evening News

"Norwich boss Glenn Roeder believes officials in the Coca-Cola Championship are making “more mistakes than ever” after he was sent to the stands at half-time in his side''s 3-1 defeat at Derby "

True -the one official who is consistently making the most is Gloan Roeder himself. He''s not up to job of maximising a limited budget.

officials are crap end off

one linesman sorry assistant referee gave an offside of a throw in the other day

they are get worse and worse, and what annoys me is that they are becoming arrogant about it to

Referees dont make mistakes, according to the FA and Premier league.... with that attitude no wonder they think they are untouchable...

Nothing to do with the fact that the FA and Premier League would lose a fortune if 1 of the big 4 failed to make Europe... not that the big sides get "special" treatment afterall!

jas :)

How long before a Club takes legal action against an official who makes an incorrect decision that costs them a lucrative Champions League or relegation/promotion place? A penalty that never was, an offside that was, a valid goal ruled out........ So much money at stake now I think it''s only a matter of time before one of the really big European ''Businesses''/Clubs throws their toys out the pram, and sues for compensation. I saw some shocking offside decisions resulting in goals in the Champs League matches last week, three points lost on the field but clearly provable with video evidence can be worth £10''s of millions to some clubs.

The officials against Doncaster and Derby were woeful, in the first half last night the linesman waited to flag only when the Derby back line appealed, he got at least 5 calls woefully wrong and that could be clearly seen from behind the goal !!

[quote user="Tim Dawson"]The officials against Doncaster and Derby were woeful, in the first half last night the linesman waited to flag only when the Derby back line appealed, he got at least 5 calls woefully wrong and that could be clearly seen from behind the goal !![/quote]

im not saying they were or wernt onside as i cant tell

but behind the goal is probably the worst place to call an offside

[quote user="Tim Dawson"]Normally i would agree with you, but even from there i could comfortably call most of them, they were that blatant[/quote]

And people still say Most Match officials are not bent, Don''t you believe it, they are the biggest conn artist and thats why they don''t want Video evidence because they will  lose on the betting sheet, and then they say players are the match fixers,  

Anybody consider that Leroy may lack peripheral vision? And that Glenn was frustrated with the wrong person.

I played a lot of football as both a striker and a winger and never had much trouble saying onside. But then, I have good peripheral vision - and don''t suffer unduly from emotional misjudgements.

It would be very interesting to see the video evidence of last night.

I wouldn''t vouch for the linesman - but then I don''t think I''d vouch for Leroy or Glenn either.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Anybody consider that Leroy may lack peripheral vision? And that Glenn was frustrated with the wrong person.

I played a lot of football as both a striker and a winger and never had much trouble saying onside. But then, I have good peripheral vision - and don''t suffer unduly from emotional misjudgements.

I wouldn''t vouch for the linesman - but then I don''t think I''d vouch for Leroy or Glenn either.

OTBC

[/quote]

Lita has the typical fast player''s problem of always setting off too quickly when he could easily concede a yard and still win the race.Over the years I''ve managed and coached lots of speed merchants who pushed my blood pressure through the roof by getting offside time and again.You tell them ,they agree and then ,hey presto they go out and do it again!

as mentioned we were behind the goal but a lot of them looked very dubious to me, he didn''t look like flagging but as soon as a defender appealed or the crowd his flag went straight up.  weak officiating

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

....except in:

Every post you make

Every breath you take

I''ll be watching you

[quote user="ncfc_chris"]as mentioned we were behind the goal but a lot of them looked very dubious to me, he didn''t look like flagging but as soon as a defender appealed or the crowd his flag went straight up.  weak officiating[/quote]Because you don''t flag until the player becomes active, which leads to the so called "late flags".

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

....except in:

Every post you make

Every breath you take

I''ll be watching you

[/quote]

How sweet of you Yankee. But, no thanks.

I prefer the ladies.

OTBC 

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

....except in:

Every post you make

Every breath you take

I''ll be watching you

[/quote]

How sweet of you Yankee. But, no thanks.

I prefer the ladies.

OTBC 

[/quote]

Your comment hardly surprises me in today''s world Doris.

[quote user="top the leauge and we avin a laugh"]

officials are crap end off

one linesman sorry assistant referee gave an offside of a throw in the other day

they are get worse and worse, and what annoys me is that they are becoming arrogant about it to

[/quote]wow we8, i actually agree with you!

[quote user="Roedy Can''t Fail!!"]How long before a Club takes legal action against an official who makes an incorrect decision that costs them a lucrative Champions League or relegation/promotion place? A penalty that never was, an offside that was, a valid goal ruled out........ So much money at stake now I think it''s only a matter of time before one of the really big European ''Businesses''/Clubs throws their toys out the pram, and sues for compensation. I saw some shocking offside decisions resulting in goals in the Champs League matches last week, three points lost on the field but clearly provable with video evidence can be worth £10''s of millions to some clubs.
[

Litigation ...an interesting prospect!   The individual officials would be protected from personal liability but would it be the FA or the Football league who would be sued and I wonder why this has not happened so far...is there something in the rules of the game, some understanding/agreement that all clubs undertake before entering any of the professional competitions?

Clubs have started to take legal action for rules being broken (Sheff Utd against West Ham), where big financial losses have been sustained...

I like the idea that sometime in the future  (another surreal lifetime perhaps!) of seeing the lino being nicked by ''Plod'' for a dodgy ''offside'' and frog marched off down the tunnel.]

I think all this "active" rubbish hasn''t helped. I don''t think referees, fans, managers or players truly and fully understand the offside rule anymore. I am also convinced that a lot of referees are not neccesarily bent but certainly have grudges against certain players and clubs. The way Iwan would get penalised for every header some weeks and get away with it and be laughing with the ref the next, for example.

The FA have made a pigs ear with this Respect nonsense i was taught that you have to earn respect. how can you respect someone who makes mistake after mistake and will not admit they have done so.[:S]