Sign in to follow this  
beachbum

Norwich to MK

As Andrew Cullen is being rightly lauded by all and sundry in the press today can I ask.

Why is he going?

Has anybody tried to stop him?

Why is MK Dons seen as a more ambitious club than NCFC?

Andrew is leaving because he knows that his future at NCFC is limited. Whichever way you look at it, his career has run it''s course. Here''s why.

If Cullum buys the club he will bring in his own men.

If Delia sells to another...ditto.

The season ticket sales will be vastly down next year and this is Andrew''s Flagship measure. He has been very clever at taking opportunity of pitching the season ticket deadlines and this seasons ticket sales was a classic. How many of us renewed in the artificially early deadline just as we had won a few games and the board started mumuring about the playoffs? I know I did.

The final point is that unlike Doomcaster, Andrew has actually had an offer! AC''s CV actually looks quite strong, unlike that of Doomy.

On a side issue have you noticed how when other jobs don''t come up how these people always get jobs with the Football adminitrators? Doomcaster step forward.   

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

Pity he didn''t hang around a while, we could have had the headline

''Cullen Lingers in Norwich City Boardroom.''

[/quote][:O] Classic.

He is going because somebody came up with a strategy for the marketing team that didn''t include him. He saw it, wasn''t happy and got on the phone to get a new job. Allegedly.

The job was advertised in the Football League circular many weeks ago so I assume he applied for it then.  Some MK fans believe the boss is going to make him a Director.

Couldn''t it just be that he wanted a new challenge? The real challenge for him was when he arrived and we had 6 or 7,000 season ticket holders and an average gate of 14,000.

Fast forward 10 years and we have close to 20,000 season tickets and and a gate average near 25,000. That''s a case of ''job done'' i would say. Sure it needs to be maintained but that''s a different job to building from scratch as he did when he arrived. MK Dons is perfect in that respect because it''s a new club that needs to build links to the community and tap in to a potentially large fan base. And there''s a half full/built stadium waiting to be filled up. I can''t imagine a better person to do that than Cullen.

I do also wonder if the club felt also that it was a case of job done and that his team could carry on where he left off, and that, rightly or wrongly, he was no longer needed.

[quote user="BarclayChuck"]He left because his wife was sacked from her job at Delia''s restaurant apparently.[/quote]

I thought Lindsey Greensted-Benech took over way back. I asked Delia about gluten free food for my daughter at one of the Capital Canaries NCFC Board Q&A''s and she gave me her number; I think that was at least three years ago, maybe more.