Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

To those that have changed their usernames...

Not wishing to criticise those that do this, but it''d be really helpful if they could come clean over what their username was when they first joined the board, and what it has since changed to, so we know who you are.

For e.g. an easy and recent starter for ten, which most are already aware of :
we8wba  -  once upon a time in the west (or whatever it is)

I think there are probably quite a few people on here who many knew as X, have now changed to Y and don''t realise they used to be X. Of course some do it to purposely keep themselves anonymous, but others may not be intentionally masking their original names so it''d be handy to know. I''m thinking of a number of usernames from way back but which you never see anymore;  Bury Belvoir, Unimiller, DumbleDelia... Have they just moved on, or are they masquerading as someone else!?!?

I used to post under a diffrent name, i havnt botherd posting much since i changed, i dont like some of the posters views ( and they seem to think they are fact) so i have almost stopped

[quote user="Canary Lad"]I used to post under a diffrent name, i havnt botherd posting much since i changed, i dont like some of the posters views ( and they seem to think they are fact) so i have almost stopped[/quote]

I think you need to look up "message board" in some form of web-dictionary.

I have changed my name from NCFC - Dundee Division, this decision was heavily influenced by the fact that I no longer reside in Dundee.

I have had this username online since 1997... I will keep it till the day i die.... if i have anything to say im not going to ost as someone else but will instead say it as me

jas :)

I was Bury Belvoir for a couple of weeks way back when, but that was an ''in joke'' with my fellow Bury Yellas when doubting my gender

I also had one or two of my chums who would get on my compoooter without me knowing when at my house for a party and post controversial views!

Wibble

[quote user="a1canary"]

Not wishing to criticise those that do this, but it''d be really helpful if they could come clean over what their username was when they first joined the board, and what it has since changed to, so we know who you are.

For e.g. an easy and recent starter for ten, which most are already aware of :we8wba  -  once upon a time in the west (or whatever it is)

I think there are probably quite a few people on here who many knew as X, have now changed to Y and don''t realise they used to be X. Of course some do it to purposely keep themselves anonymous, but others may not be intentionally masking their original names so it''d be handy to know. I''m thinking of a number of usernames from way back but which you never see anymore;  Bury Belvoir, Unimiller, DumbleDelia... Have they just moved on, or are they masquerading as someone else!?!?

[/quote]Beware the tinternet police

Was Jimmy500 for 900 or so posts, I am now Carlos Valderrama.  I picked a name to suit my avatar.....Might become Freddy Rincon one day, I will see how the mood takes me.

I think it is good to mix the names up a bit.  Some people have got a bit over familiar to the majority of the board.  How many people would read a smudger post a little more objectively if the user name was something different, same with Cluck, First Wiz etc. etc.

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

Was Jimmy500 for 900 or so posts, I am now Carlos Valderrama.  I picked a name to suit my avatar.....Might become Freddy Rincon one day, I will see how the mood takes me.

I think it is good to mix the names up a bit.  Some people have got a bit over familiar to the majority of the board.  How many people would read a smudger post a little more objectively if the user name was something different, same with Cluck, First Wiz etc. etc.

[/quote]Sadly Carlos, my many fans insist I keep my username, sigh, the price of infamy I guess![;)]

A1, I am still the same and won''t be changing my name. I wonder too what''s happened to some of the old guys, DD has appeared briefly I think fairly recently, think he''s got a job now! I wonder what happened to Unimiller, Snakepit Rebel et al but they have been succeeded by the likes of Smudger, Nutty and all.

huh why me again? lol

i kept my avatar picture up so people will know who i am

i am now "top the league, we''re avin a laugh" although will be changed saturday night when we not top

i am no longer we8wba because i have no need to worry about tesco till we in same league as them

I''ve been cityangel for years and haven''t ever changed my name.

Anyway thought the Mods said that name changing was going to be a thing of the past soon.

Always been and always will be ''Beatle''!!!

Quite simply..............The Best!!!!!!!!!!!!

(that''s them, not me!!!)

IBA used to be..... I Beat Atalanta .... that fooled the mods eh?

How about real identities.... ha ha... that would stir the pot

Norwich (current and an ex) players for example.....? Bet their comments would surprise some of you anti mob......

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]I''ve only ever posted as ''Macdougall''s Perm'' or ''Smudger''.[/quote]I''ve only ever posted as ''Shack Attack'' or ''Macdougall''s Perm'' [^o)]