Sign in to follow this  
Puzzy magnet

Lucky old Derby...

I mean really - which Championship team would you hand pick to play twice in  a month if you wanted two quick wins to turn your season around? That''s right; good old Norwich.

Equally Burnley - who get crowds half the size of ours but will finish above us AGAIN - must be delighted they have got us at home next as they look to cement their place in the top six. Burnley FFS.

FAO Delia and Michael - you should have gone a year ago. Please do the deal with Cullum before it is too late.

[quote user="Lol Morgan"]

I mean really - which Championship team would you hand pick to play twice in  a month if you wanted two quick wins to turn your season around? That''s right; good old Norwich.

Equally Burnley - who get crowds half the size of ours but will finish above us AGAIN - must be delighted they have got us at home next as they look to cement their place in the top six. Burnley FFS.

FAO Delia and Michael - you should have gone a year ago. Please do the deal with Cullum before it is too late.

[/quote]

More of the same crap!

No I agree with him. We all know we shouldn''t be in this position with the crowd size, and with businessmen of Cullum''s wealth interested, why would they ever turn down an offer. Hand on heart, if I was the owner of NCFC, I would sacrifice the money I''d put in and give the club to Mr Cullum, so he could take it forward to our rightful position - the Premier League

[quote user="Elliot Osumuzio"]No I agree with him. We all know we shouldn''t be in this position with the crowd size, and with businessmen of Cullum''s wealth interested, why would they ever turn down an offer. Hand on heart, if I was the owner of NCFC, I would sacrifice the money I''d put in and give the club to Mr Cullum, so he could take it forward to our rightful position - the Premier League
[/quote]

Its been said time and time again most agree with it, we don''t need a new thread about it.....

[quote user="Elliot Osumuzio"]No I agree with him. We all know we shouldn''t be in this position with the crowd size, and with businessmen of Cullum''s wealth interested, why would they ever turn down an offer. Hand on heart, if I was the owner of NCFC, I would sacrifice the money I''d put in and give the club to Mr Cullum, so he could take it forward to our rightful position - the Premier League[/quote]You''d sacrifice £12 million pound would you?? Boll***s , If Cullum wanted to buy Norwich City, he could, end of story.

Just because he is rich does not mean he should pay over the odds. Anyway, we are constantly told how Delia and Michael have "given" £12m to the club. I think that needs to be changed to "loaned" in the light of their refusal to let a billionaire Norwich fan take control without stumping up £56m.

Just because he is rich does not mean he should pay over the odds. Anyway, we are constantly told how Delia and Michael have "given" £12m to the club. I think that needs to be changed to "loaned" in the light of their refusal to let a billionaire Norwich fan take control without stumping up £56m.

[/quote]

Only Geoffrey watling gave, Delia loans. Thats why the club is not sold. Cullum isn''t going to buy. We are stuck with Delia and mid to bottom table with no cup runs to look forward to.

[/quote]

Absolutely. "Loaned" sounds far more accurate to me than any talk of Delia dipping in to her funds to save the club.

Just because he is rich does not mean he should pay over the odds. Anyway, we are constantly told how Delia and Michael have "given" £12m to the club. I think that needs to be changed to "loaned" in the light of their refusal to let a billionaire Norwich fan take control without stumping up £56m. [/quote]What exactly is "over the odds"? Evans said this week that the scum had cost him £20m, the same as Cullum offered, but they have no ground, training ground, Land, restaurants etc plus their debt is double ours so Norwich City FC would have to cost considerably more. 

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Lol Morgan"]

Just because he is rich does not mean he should pay over the odds. Anyway, we are constantly told how Delia and Michael have "given" £12m to the club. I think that needs to be changed to "loaned" in the light of their refusal to let a billionaire Norwich fan take control without stumping up £56m. [/quote]What exactly is "over the odds"? Evans said this week that the scum had cost him £20m, the same as Cullum offered, but they have no ground, training ground, Land, restaurants etc plus their debt is double ours so Norwich City FC would have to cost considerably more. 

[/quote]

He did not say that he said he had a "£20m hole in his bank balance." He actually acquired his majority stake in ITFC for virtually nothing. He also bought a load of prefercne shares which give him annual interest and bought off the debt from NU.

The truth is Delia and MWJ''s stake is worth what someone will pay for it. They actually acquired control of the club for about £5 or £6 million if the figures banded about previously are accurate. I would be disappointed therefore if they demanded a lot more now from a buyer if they are true to their word. Obviously if they want their loans repaid as well then so be it although again I would hope that if they care about the club as much as they say they might allow those to be paid off over a period of time rather than immediately on any sale of the club.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Lol Morgan"]

[/quote]

He did not say that he said he had a "£20m hole in his bank balance." He actually acquired his majority stake in ITFC for virtually nothing. He also bought a load of prefercne shares which give him annual interest and bought off the debt from NU.

The truth is Delia and MWJ''s stake is worth what someone will pay for it. They actually acquired control of the club for about £5 or £6 million if the figures banded about previously are accurate. I would be disappointed therefore if they demanded a lot more now from a buyer if they are true to their word. Obviously if they want their loans repaid as well then so be it although again I would hope that if they care about the club as much as they say they might allow those to be paid off over a period of time rather than immediately on any sale of the club.

[/quote]He paid £12m for the shares Jim plus £6m to NU to buy the debt. I assume that legal fees, accountants fees and so on would have made up the rest. If you remember, when Magilton was given the £12m to spend, the town fans were coming on here bragging about being rich. Doesn''t seem to have done them much good. 

Doesnt seem to have done them much good ? they have a very decent squad that will be up at the right end come the end of the season , compare them with us , half a squad of borrowed players , not enough money at the club to loan Lita for one month and  about as much chance of challenging up the top end of this division as Stoke have of winning the Premier League. Some of you might think having a nice little family club with lovely Delia at the helm is wonderful but give me somebody like Marcus Evans who wants to invest in the team and gain promotion any day of the week .Peter Cullum would have been the best thing to happen to this club in years , but Delia Smith wont sell, its her toy and she aint letting anybody else play with it .

Why do so many people keep equating crowd size to league position?

The league rules state that the league table is based on the number of points won and not by the size of the crowd. If we go by crowd size, then we would only be in 3rd place.

The season has not finished so how can any state that Burnley WILL finish above us? According to my calculations, ANY team can still finish either top of the league or be relegated.

Last season, people were saying Hull are above us FFS.

Finally, as for this ''fan'', this ''saviour'', this bloke called Cullum, just how much money has he given/loaned/invested into the club? This man who everyone raves about as he is worth £1.6bn could easily pay for Lita''s wages. He is a fan and former youth player everyone keeps citing. But what is he doing to help the club?

I paid several thousand pounds for my shares at the last share issue. While people are say Delia should give her shares away, why should I? If Cullum is worth so much, he can afford to buy my shares.

The issue and reason for Lol Morgans rant is that we lost a football match.

Our ''rightful place in the Premier''?

Sorry, have i mistaken the Pinkun forum for a Wolves one?

What next, banners saying how we''ve been ''let down again''?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Lol Morgan"]

[/quote]

Errm.............randy Lerner paid 63 million for Aston Villa, I think that puts the cooks valuation into perspective

Lerner didn''t need to pay off a 20 million debt, and didn''t include an optional, and technically entirely independent, 20 million pound transfer fund in that deal.

The club alone was valued by Delia at £16 million, i believe it was. The other £40,000,000 was split between the debts and Callum''s optional tarnsfer fund.

Get over it.

Note to self: learn to type!

Obviously, that was meant to read ''transfer''.

Barclay Seats wrote.... Errm.............randy Lerner paid 63 million for Aston Villa, I think that puts the cooks valuation into perspective Cullum said he would inject £20m into the playing side, in return for total control of the club. Delia said in order to put £20m into the playing side, he would also have to repay the debt (£20m) and buy everyones shares (£16m) which is where the figure of £56m comes from. The A.V purchase of £63m was for the shares only whereas £16m was the price for Norwich.

[quote user="Dictator Smith"] but Delia Smith wont sell, its her toy and she aint letting anybody else play with it .[/quote]

Can I buy your house for 30% of its actual worth?

Cheers

[quote user="IBA"][quote user="Dictator Smith"] but Delia Smith wont sell, its her toy and she aint letting anybody else play with it .
[/quote] Can I buy your house for 30% of its actual worth? Cheers[/quote]

wow, every time you trot out that line you sound even smarter than the time before, well done, I am sure that if the poster had said he would give his house away to the right sort, as Aunite D said about NCFC, then he will let you buy his houe for 30% of it''s worth. Ok now, does that clear that one up?

[quote user="Dictator Smith"]Doesnt seem to have done them much good ? they have a very decent squad that will be up at the right end come the end of the season , compare them with us , half a squad of borrowed players , not enough money at the club to loan Lita for one month and  about as much chance of challenging up the top end of this division as Stoke have of winning the Premier League. Some of you might think having a nice little family club with lovely Delia at the helm is wonderful but give me somebody like Marcus Evans who wants to invest in the team and gain promotion any day of the week .Peter Cullum would have been the best thing to happen to this club in years , but Delia Smith wont sell, its her toy and she aint letting anybody else play with it .
[/quote]

Spot on DS, don''t let the Percy''s grind you down!

[quote user="Seaman Staines"][quote user="Lol Morgan"]

[/quote]

Absolutely. "Loaned" sounds far more accurate to me than any talk of Delia dipping in to her funds to save the club.

[/quote]She hasn''t "Loaned" Norwich 12 Million, shes given Norwich 12 million, Norwich City Football club won''t be paying her that money back, a new investor will because she cleverly turned the money into shares which a new investor would have to buy off her, why can''t people get this into their heads, shes has basically given Norwich 12 million and Norwich don''t have to pay anything back, tell me why is that a bad thing? Delia should get all her money back from an investor, why should she just give up 12 million pound? none of you lot would.

The fact is we still get these crowds, even with the crap served up on the pitch. NCFC = Loyal support, there''s a few clubs I can think of where the stands would slowly but surely start to show empty seats.

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="Seaman Staines"][quote user="Lol Morgan"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

She hasn''t "Loaned" Norwich 12 Million, shes given Norwich 12 million, Norwich City Football club won''t be paying her that money back, a new investor will because she cleverly turned the money into shares which a new investor would have to buy off her, why can''t people get this into their heads, shes has basically given Norwich 12 million and Norwich don''t have to pay anything back, tell me why is that a bad thing? Delia should get all her money back from an investor, why should she just give up 12 million pound? none of you lot would.
[/quote]

I would if I was 67 years old with millions in the bank and a decent income coming in from books and tv work I had done in the past. Rather that than give it to the damn government.

Eliis, she hasn''t given the money, she''s loaned it to the club, and in due course converted those loans into shares. I do believe she loaned the money for the conversion of Yellows, but that''s as near to a gift as it gets. There''s something about having to loan money rather than "give" due to tax. I am sure one of our resident accountant posters can clear this up.

I don''t think any of us are saying she shouldn''t expect a return. Trouble is, will she sit it out and get the money she put in plus a sizable profit if and when a firm offer comes along? IF she had sold up a few years ago she might have expected considerably more. Facts now are money is tighter and therefore the club will not be as attractive a proposition.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Eliis, she hasn''t given the money, she''s loaned it to the club, and in due course converted those loans into shares. I do believe she loaned the money for the conversion of Yellows, but that''s as near to a gift as it gets. There''s something about having to loan money rather than "give" due to tax. I am sure one of our resident accountant posters can clear this up. I don''t think any of us are saying she shouldn''t expect a return. Trouble is, will she sit it out and get the money she put in plus a sizable profit if and when a firm offer comes along? IF she had sold up a few years ago she might have expected considerably more. Facts now are money is tighter and therefore the club will not be as attractive a proposition.[/quote]

agreed Gazza.. and should we get relegated the value of the club (/and therefore the shares) is going to drop.. meaning Delia will lose money...

jas :)

Next season I predict only 13/14,000 season ticket renewals, severely-reduced crowds and administration beckoning. Delia should have sold when she seemingly had the chance.

I wasn''t thinking about relegation Jas, rather the state of the economy. Of course if we are relegated we can probably kiss goodbye to anyone wishing to take the club off her hands. It might just end up going to the banks.

I am hopeful that the regular input by some posters seem to indicate that some sort of deal is going on, of course there is nothing concrete to go on - and we can''t expect that - but if no one makes a decent offer then sadly we will go on as we have been, slowly (or perhaps more swiftly depending on circumstances) getting into debt and the team getting weaker. Unless something changes fundamentally, such as change of ownership, one of us winning the Euro millions and donating it to the club, or Roeder discovering five or six world class players playing at some local non league side, we are going nowhere.

Something else that has been said before - and ignored - was that it seems from what various people have said that at the time Cullum made his offer there was a succession plan already in place with the Turners. People who are several times more richer than Delia and had given/loaned the club £2 million - £2 million more than Cullum. Something far more concrete than an offer to out £20 million in the transfer pot and gain control of the club without spending any money on the shares or the loans.