Sign in to follow this  
Heffers Canary

Chadwick

Apparently when Chadwick was taken off late in the Mk Dons game today, the crowd were chanting ''sign him up, sign him up, sign him up''. I just wonder because I think he is out of contract in the summer, whether Roeders going to offload him? I suppose the other way to look at it is if he is proven to be a better player at that level, it might come in handy for us next season?!

[quote user="Heffers Canary"]Apparently when Chadwick was taken off late in the Mk Dons game today, the crowd were chanting ''sign him up, sign him up, sign him up''. I just wonder because I think he is out of contract in the summer, whether Roeders going to offload him? I suppose the other way to look at it is if he is proven to be a better player at that level, it might come in handy for us next season?![/quote]If he''s out of contract in the summer then roeder will let him go cause he''s made bugger all money for us after getting rid of a complete football team.

There will be some who say he''s simply found his level. I disagree - and anyway, MK Dons could give us a game I''m sure. We could do with players of Chadwick''s style right now and any way he''s done alright for us when he''s been given the chance. If we were winning every match we play there would be a case for letting him go - but we''re not and he should have been given a decent run to prove himself (better than those who are being picked). Chadwick''s lomgest run out was int he pre-season against Dereham - he didn''t do badly but playing in that team is not a basis on which to be judged. I think the same applies to Lappin, who has been harshly judged by his weak showing at LB rather than his preferred midfield. (Why do we have to play players out of position rather than where they feel most comfortable?)

[quote user="topcanary1971"]wizzard mate back me up mate im taking loads of stick..here[/quote]Me and the wizard go way back. We''ve had many heated debates on other forums. I''ve seen what he has in his arsenal and whilst I disagree with most of it he doesn''t act like a baby. Well, not often. [;)]

[quote user="Wighty"][quote user="topcanary1971"]wizzard mate back me up mate im taking loads of stick..here[/quote]

Me and the wizard go way back. We''ve had many heated debates on other forums. I''ve seen what he has in his arsenal and whilst I disagree with most of it he doesn''t act like a baby. Well, not often. [;)][/quote]Agreed mate........but have you seen my dummy laying around?[;)]

To be honest I thought Chadwick had a few decent runs at defenders today but also gave the ball away a number of times, especially in the first half. Not outstanding by any means.

They were indeed singing very loudly sign him up at the end, i watched the game Chadwick was neat and tidy, quite creative which god do we lack at the moment and unlike the goon Croft he can beat a man and cross a ball, for a lad who probably isnt that match fit a good performance. With the squad we have can we really risk letting him go ??

[quote user="Tim Dawson"]They were indeed singing very loudly sign him up at the end, i watched the game Chadwick was neat and tidy, quite creative which god do we lack at the moment and unlike the goon Croft he can beat a man and cross a ball, for a lad who probably isnt that match fit a good performance. With the squad we have can we really risk letting him go ??[/quote]

Have you considered that the reason he is out on loan is to get match fit.  Its a plus if he plays well because he will return with extra confidence too.

Carlos, it has already been stated that this is a loan move with a view to permanent as Mk dons isnt too far from his Cambridgeshire home so alas no benefit to us !!!

[quote user="Tim Dawson"]Carlos, it has already been stated that this is a loan move with a view to permanent as Mk dons isnt too far from his Cambridgeshire home so alas no benefit to us !!![/quote]

Stated where, I havent seen that in print...

[quote user="Tim Dawson"]Thank u Rusty ! Glad its not just me[/quote]Think its fairly obvious, given that his 3 month loan started exactly 3 months before the tranfser window opens.He''s no better than Croft or Bell so get rid I say.

[quote user="Binky"]There will be some who say he''s simply found his level. I disagree - and anyway, MK Dons could give us a game I''m sure. We could do with players of Chadwick''s style right now and any way he''s done alright for us when he''s been given the chance. If we were winning every match we play there would be a case for letting him go - but we''re not and he should have been given a decent run to prove himself (better than those who are being picked). Chadwick''s lomgest run out was int he pre-season against Dereham - he didn''t do badly but playing in that team is not a basis on which to be judged. I think the same applies to Lappin, who has been harshly judged by his weak showing at LB rather than his preferred midfield. (Why do we have to play players out of position rather than where they feel most comfortable?)[/quote]

I think you`ll find they did give us a game-they bloody beat us!!!! Or doesn`t your memory go back as far as august!!!

I totally agree with you on the Chadders issue as well as the non playing of Simon Lappin who Roeder has treated disgracefully! Either of these two would be a better option -upfront even!-than OJ Westrunton or whatever he`s called!

my problem with Chadwick is his terrible fitness and prone to injuries - in a small squad, full on loanees who cannot all play at the same time, it''s another complication we don''t need

OJ is a curious one. I liked the football theory that you once you are a good (replace with experienced, well marketed or whatever word you desire) player you graduate from having black football boots to different coloured ones...doesn''t seem to apply to OJ...

[quote user="Wighty"][quote user="topcanary1971"]wizzard mate back me up mate im taking loads of stick..here[/quote]

Me and the wizard go way back. We''ve had many heated debates on other forums. I''ve seen what he has in his arsenal and whilst I disagree with most of it he doesn''t act like a baby. Well, not often. [;)]
[/quote]

Perv [:P]

[quote user="Larry David"][quote user="Tim Dawson"]Thank u Rusty ! Glad its not just me[/quote]

Think its fairly obvious, given that his 3 month loan started exactly 3 months before the tranfser window opens.

He''s no better than Croft or Bell so get rid I say.
[/quote]

[quote user="San Miguel"]my problem with Chadwick is his terrible fitness and prone to injuries - in a small squad, full on loanees who cannot all play at the same time, it''s another complication we don''t need[/quote]

I believe an unfit Chadwick has scored as many goals as Croft has in the last 2 years has he not? Despite having hardly any match time/sub appearances - this is why Chadwick is a better option than Croft, we need goals from the wings and if we could keep him fit (there''s obviously nothing wrong with him currently, he''s just out of favour here) then he should be in the team.

Can''t comment on Bell, admittedly.

Chadwick is a decent player ''when'' he''s not injured.....

Certainly possesses a better footballing brain and skill - than some regulars in our 1st Eleven......(Do we actually have a regular 1st Eleven?)

[quote user="Munich 93"]

[quote user="Binky"]There will be some who say he''s simply found his level. I disagree - and anyway, MK Dons could give us a game I''m sure. We could do with players of Chadwick''s style right now and any way he''s done alright for us when he''s been given the chance. If we were winning every match we play there would be a case for letting him go - but we''re not and he should have been given a decent run to prove himself (better than those who are being picked). Chadwick''s lomgest run out was int he pre-season against Dereham - he didn''t do badly but playing in that team is not a basis on which to be judged. I think the same applies to Lappin, who has been harshly judged by his weak showing at LB rather than his preferred midfield. (Why do we have to play players out of position rather than where they feel most comfortable?)[/quote]

I think you`ll find they did give us a game-they bloody beat us!!!! Or doesn`t your memory go back as far as august!!!

I totally agree with you on the Chadders issue as well as the non playing of Simon Lappin who Roeder has treated disgracefully! Either of these two would be a better option -upfront even!-than OJ Westrunton or whatever he`s called!

[/quote]

Indeed it does laddie. (I try hard to achieve the understatement. When lappin went to Motherwell and scored a couple - one against Celtic; some were quick to pont out the lower standard of Scottish football.). Of course there''s no guarantee they''d beat us another time is there? - though if they have Chadwick and we still had no-one to take the man on and the ball through....

Incidentally, if the odds are decent, I might just have a bet on MK Dons getting into the Prem within 5 years.