Sign in to follow this  
 Green and Yellow

Who cares?.

I would care a LOT.It''s been a bright light for me at the darkest of times in my life. I love it, and it means so much to me. Seeing the club fail would hurt me as much as it could for anyone else.I would be in pieces if we got relegated. (But i guess thats because i actually support the club)How much would it mean to my family?....Not much. My Dad supports the club a bit (but only because i do so much), otherwise i guess it would mean nothing....My friends on the other hand would laugh and humiliate me. I''d never be allowed to forget it.

And this is a serious answer. I care,[:''(] I don''t want to see our team relegated. I''d be unbearable to live with for a day or two or three and then I''d realise that I wouldn''t be spending the best part of £450 on a season ticket and a bus ticket and I''d go and spend the money on something I really want.[:D]

[quote user="mickey phelans tash"]If we did relegated then at least we wouldn''nt have to put up with an FA Cup 3rd Round exit .[/quote]Nah, we''d have a Johnstone''s Paint Trophy exit to put up with instead...

Dont get me wrong im a city fan through and through........if we were relegated yes id be gutted....buts thats life.......you take the highs with the lows.......do i have any influence with what goes on, on the pitch?? I think not, i wish i did! You support your team no matter what.....whatever league they are in.

Going by past results the whole economy of Norfolk suffers when our beloved team does badly so.........

We should all care for one reason or another.

[quote user="Thirst Wizard"]I''d be a bit peeved if we went down, went into administration and started League 1 on -10
[/quote]

Cheer up: on current form you''ll get back six of those by playing Colchester.

3-1 up and lost 4-3[+o(]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="Thirst Wizard"]I''d be a bit peeved if we went down, went into administration and started League 1 on -10
[/quote]

3-1 up and lost 4-3[+o(]

[/quote]

That was bad luck Cam, bet ColU forums are a bit depressing at the moment aren''t they?

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

3-1 up and lost 4-3[+o(]

[/quote]

That was bad luck Cam, bet ColU forums are a bit depressing at the moment aren''t they?

[/quote]

I''ve certainly had my say about our defence, yes[:#]

It wasn''t bad luck at all, it was truly dreadful playing.  I know bad luck when I see it and I think I know dreadful playing when I see it.  And ours was not bad luck.

New Manager sat watching in the stands.  We''ll see. 

Borrowed from the U''s forum and still being optimistic[:P]

Let us look on the bright side - if there is a bright side, and I think there is. Mr L now knows the exact measure of the task in front of him which is immense but I''m heartened by a couple of things about him.

He was a fine defender in his own time and I am pretty certain he will have spotted the offenders and how to deal with them - whether that involves some of them leaving in due course only time will tell. But I doubt you can teach him much about defending and that''s what we need to deal with. We do have people who can put the ball away but clearly what we need - and what we needed last season - is the ability to shut down a game when you are well ahead. If we''d done that last year we would still be in the Championship.

Mr L produced League 2 defences which shut down major clubs. It wasn''t pretty and if anyone is expecting Brazilian type passing they can bale out now in my opinion. Stoke wasn''t pretty either, last season, but it got them (temporary or otherwise) where they are now.

I suspect, but do not know, that there is some money left over from Mr Cowling''s last input and he has already said that he intends to put more money in. We may be able to get a couple of loans or get people in January but either way I am optimistic that a defender of his quality at international level will see where the probs are. Then it''s up to him to solve them and I, being the eternal optimist which is necessary for supporting the U''s for 54 years this year, am cheering myself by thinking that he can.

I''ve seen all this before - like all the younger members on here I was thrilled by our entry into the Championship. I''m also thrilled by our new ground - something I never expected to see.

It was a bad performance today but no worse than the season which plunged this great club - and me - into the Conference League. Dour times indeed but we survived and we recovered and we will recover again.

As previously posted, Cousins should have been in goal some weeks ago as it appeared blatently obvious to me (a GK in Third Division South in my prime) that Deano has lost his confidence. That, in turn, unsettles the defence and although none of them would go on record in the local papers no doubt they have lost confidence in him as well.

It will be interesting to see what Mr L does. I''m told by friends who support Celtic that he was a bit of a hard bugger while playing - he may need to be as a Manager, as well.

Wycombe fans already quoted on this board bemoaned the fact that they didn''t get pretty football and saw 1-0 wins ground out but that was not the view they took when Mr L''s team demolished some pretty famous names with just that technique.

Right now, my club having been 3-1 up and lost 4-3, I''m hoping for a future of ground out, unpretty 1-0 wins.

It is true he does not have a track record of major achievement as a Manager but at Wycombe he did have the reputation of producing a team which gave very few goals away together with a reputation of some "fireworks" in the Dressing Room.

Right now he may be exactly the person we need. We may be in for a rough ride this season but, perhaps for the first time recently, I believe the players may be as well.

Our No 1 priority is to STOP letting people back into the game. That was his technique at Wycombe (get a goal or two in front and SHUT it down) and if he can bring it to Colchester that will be more than good enough for me. Sod the stylish football, pin point passing, hatfuls of goals. It counts for nothing unless the three points are on the board.

Come on U''s.
Oh, and good to see Woody getting a couple of goals. That won''t hurt him."

Looking on the bright side, as I always do, if you get relegated we might have a "derby" v Norwich (which I would look forward to).  If we get relegated we would have a "derby" against the Mighty Lincoln and you''d probably be stuck with Southend[:P]

And talking of Lincoln, 1-1 v Rochdale Friday night, denied two stonewall penalties and an arguable third but a point.  I truly believe Lincoln are going to slaughter someone this season.

Annoyed, yes, but fine but looking forward to the next games.[ip]

I''m too old now to keep the goals out and wouldn''t have had the skill to put them in. 

But, in the spirit of the thing, Steff Wright OUT, Jacko OUT, Cowling OUT, Lambert OUT (yes, I know Lambert hasn''t started yet but what the hell) and anyone else who hasn''t come in yet, OUT.

I''m okay, City Angel, but thanks for asking. It''s over, it''s gone.  Now on to the next match[:D]

i would be gutted but would still renew my season ticket although performances havnt been great i cant imagine not going

[quote user="Delia feed me some lager"]This is a serious question, who cares if NCFC are relegated? How would it effect your life and that of your family and Friends.[/quote]

Do not worry.  Rest assured that nobody can remove us from the Championship.

[quote user="Robert Mugabe"]

[quote user="Delia feed me some lager"]This is a serious question, who cares if NCFC are relegated? How would it effect your life and that of your family and Friends.[/quote]

Do not worry.  Rest assured that nobody can remove us from the Championship.

[/quote]i protest!!!! the bloody cook can!!!!and shes doing herbest with all you sheeP behind her!!!!! baaaaaaaaaaa!!!!![:@] 

[quote user="hurricane"]

You support your team no matter what.....whatever league they are in.

[/quote]The problem is, hurricane, that a lot of  ''fans'' who post on here only started going post play-off season. There would be a much better atmosphere at Carra Rud if they went and cheered on Man U or Arsenal in the pub, and left the 14000 ''true'' fans to support the team.

[quote user="The Saturday Boy"][quote user="hurricane"]

You support your team no matter what.....whatever league they are in.

[/quote]

The problem is, hurricane, that a lot of  ''fans'' who post on here only started going post play-off season. There would be a much better atmosphere at Carra Rud if they went and cheered on Man U or Arsenal in the pub, and left the 14000 ''true'' fans to support the team.
[/quote]

What an utter pr!ck you are!!!

I have been supporting the club for 26 years and supporting a failing regime is only taking us in one direction.

Saying that, relegation would be an absolute disaster/

I take it that you are one if the ones who curerently goes along and quietly applaud''s the cook and the rest of her cronies who are leading us in to the abyss though???

No, I would actually like to see change at board level, and am as p!ssed off with events on the pitch as much as anyone this season (although I do think that Roeder will turn it around). I was just making the point that a lot of people who post on here and go to games don''t really care about the football club as much as the hardcore support. I don''t think I questioned your support, so there is no need for the personal insults.To be honest, I think I would still go if we were in the conference. Perhaps that makes me stupid. I don''t know.

i''d be gutted! ask my poor old GF what im like after a defeat.... im in a mood for the whole weekend...

If we got relegated i would be eternally miserable all through the summer... also very very angry with the club that they allowed it to get that far....

Footballs a way of life for me and Norwich city are that life... i havent spent the past 17 years following them just to think "oh well" ive spent shed loads of money and clocked up lots of miles following the team.. theres too much of my heart in it....

thats one of the reasons i could never stop going too... its my drug, i need the season ticket and the regular saturday fix.... I couldn''t stop.. not now.

jas :)