Sign in to follow this  
Thecanaryfan

Bar David Marshall..........

I would say we have not brought enough decent players in the last three years, but saying David Marshall is the only decent one is a bit harsh on atleast one of our players and two current loan players

I really like the look of Sammy Clingan, he looks a really good footballer, and the for me Bertrand and Kennedy can both play.  Bertrand will play in the premiership (without Norwich i''m sad to say).

[quote user="thecanaryfan wants the board out"]........we havent signed a decent player in three years. Anyone agree?[/quote]

Probably....

Apart from Earnshaw, Etuhu, Croft, Dublin, Chadwick, Fotheringham, Otsemebor, Russell, Pattison, Clingan, Hoolahan and Stefanovich.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="thecanaryfan wants the board out"]........we havent signed a decent player in three years. Anyone agree?[/quote]

Probably....

Apart from Earnshaw, Etuhu, Croft, Dublin, Chadwick, Fotheringham, Otsemebor, Russell, Pattison, Clingan, Hoolahan and Stefanovich.

[/quote]

well done NN.. here ends the thread.

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Probably....

[/quote]

[/quote]

Earnshaw. Dublin, the rest nothing to write home about imo.

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Probably....

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Otsemobor aswell, definately. Croft was a good signing aswell in my opinion, as much as others dislike him. Russell has turned out to be a decent signing by Grant. Clingan so far seems an excellent signing. Etuhu made us some money so couldn''t have been that bad, and Pattison if he continues the way he did before he got injured may turn out a good player after all. Although Fotheringham and Chadwick haven''t really impressed me much. As for Stefanovic, I''m reserving judgement on that player until a little longer into his city career and when I discover how much he cost. Because if he cost alot, a 33 year old defender may have not been the best peice of business.

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Probably....

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

All that proves is your more of a Percy that thecanaryfan[:O] Or that he''s more of a Nancy than you [:O][:O]

I''ve missed you Ricky [U] where''ve you been [:^)]

Have a good week ''til next week [;)]

I think what is being said here really is that we have signed some absolute stinkers since we came down, it''s all relative to personal opinion of course.

Players such as Strihavka, Brown, Murray, Hughes, Thorne, Louis-Jean, Brellier, Gilks have completely failed for one reason or another, couple this with players who have just done ok like Fotheringham, Jurgen Colin, Lappin, Robinson, Cureton, Chadwick and some poor loans players like Hartson, Ashdown, Boyle and I think you can see where people are coming from.

Sure we have signed a couple of decent players Etuhu had a few really good momments and some terrible ones too, but ultimately wasnt commited to the cause (by insisting on having the buy out in his contract for such a low amount). Dublin was pretty good too but the wrong age and Earnshaw was ok for half a season and then we got the money back we paid for him.

The jury is out on most of the summer recruits for me, but Clingan and Stefanovic are the only two that spring to mind that people in general here seem to feel united behind in being 100% good signings.

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]

and Earnshaw was ok for half a season and then we got the money back we paid for him.

[/quote]

This comment really sums up the current feelings of many fans toward everything about the club. Yes Earnshaw may have left under a cloud and no he wasn''t a team player who "did defence". But he scored 27 goals in 47 games for us and he never gave less than 100% on the pitch.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Yellowbeagle"]

and Earnshaw was ok for half a season and then we got the money back we paid for him.

[/quote]

This comment really sums up the current feelings of many fans toward everything about the club. Yes Earnshaw may have left under a cloud and no he wasn''t a team player who "did defence". But he scored 27 goals in 47 games for us and he never gave less than 100% on the pitch.

[/quote]

I wasnt saying he wasnt good mate, he obviously was. But we just couldnt keep hold of him, probably worded that wrong wasnt implying he had failed or not been a good signing just that we had to let him go for far less than he was worth at the time. I remmeber feeling gutted he''d left.

Probably....

[/quote]

Earnshaw, Ethuhu Yes but both were sold.

Croft? Not really

Dublin yes but hes retired

Chadwick? That one was a joke wasnt it you naughty boy!

Fotheringham? Unsure

Ostsemebor? Why does he not get a game then?

Russsell-done well

Clingan-shows promise

Pattison? Practical jokes again my friend.

Hoolahan-had high hopes but has done nothing yet, hopefully will settle soon.

Stefan-like the look of him.

Depends what you mean by decent, but Clingan, Otsemobor, Stefanovic and Chadwick are all decent players as far as I''m concerned.  Jury''s out on David Bell.

Arturo Whittoli

croft won us the sheff u game and have set up some good goals!!

pattison has had some really good games this season. (saved us from losing at cardiff)

clingan and stefan i agree with as they look good.

russell scored the goals to win games.

hoolihan hopefully best to come yet.

otsemobor is good with his pace and linking with croft.

chadders is good, but i think that roeder has got to many options for his position.

fozzy was good last season but not sure this season.

[quote user="Hughesy"]Arturo Whittoli

pattison has had some really good games this season. (saved us from losing at cardiff)

chadders is good, but i think that roeder has got to many options for his position.

[/quote]

I agree with you apart from Croft, Pattison and Chadwick. At the end of the day if they play I back them 100%.

[quote user="Arturo Whittoli"][quote user="Hughesy"]Arturo Whittoli

[/quote]

I agree with you apart from Croft, Pattison and Chadwick. At the end of the day if they play I back them 100%.

[/quote]Good man :) , starting to gain a lot of respect for you these days Arthur :)

Probably....

[/quote]

Sorry I forgot, we did sign Earnshaw and Etuhu in the last three years didnt we? Sod it, you might as well include Sutton, Huckerby and Roberts whilst your there.

I dont believe you are being serious about certain others - Fotheringham? Pattison? Hoolahan? Russell? You need to refer to a dictionary and look up the word DECENT. From what I have witnessed this season the players you list, bar a couple, have all played garbage.

Dublin did well for us but he was more of a desperate signing rather than a decent one. Maybe Cligan and Stefanovich make the grade but they are no more than decent players.

[quote user="thecanaryfan wants the board out"]

Sod it, you might as well include Sutton, Huckerby and Roberts whilst your there.

[/quote]

I thought Ron Davies was one of our best signings, he didn''t stay long enough though.

Can I include him[:|]

Sod it, you might as well include Sutton, Huckerby and Roberts whilst your there.

[/quote]

I thought Ron Davies was one of our best signings, he didn''t stay long enough though.

[/quote]

No

[quote user="thecanaryfan wants the board out"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No

[/quote]

I suppose Errol Crossan is out the window as well...?

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="thecanaryfan wants the board out"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No

[/quote]

I suppose Errol Crossan is out the window as well...?

[/quote]

Yep