Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Oh Bugger!

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

http://new.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=Norwich&itemid=NOED16%20Oct%202008%2013%3A43%3A00%3A340##

I''ve just re-run the Derby highlights..........and remember, this is the FA.........oh hell![:(]

[/quote]

But if money was put on us winning then it would be the derby players who would have been fixing the game! I can''t see anything coming of it.

[quote user="Have Heart"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

http://new.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=Norwich&itemid=NOED16%20Oct%202008%2013%3A43%3A00%3A340##

I''ve just re-run the Derby highlights..........and remember, this is the FA.........oh hell![:(]

[/quote]

But if money was put on us winning then it would be the derby players who would have been fixing the game! I can''t see anything coming of it.

[/quote]Thats not what Sky are saying matey, there''s no real evidence for that.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Have Heart"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Thats not what Sky are saying matey, there''s no real evidence for that.[/quote]

What are sky saying?

[quote user="Have Heart"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Have Heart"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Thats not what Sky are saying matey, there''s no real evidence for that.[/quote]

What are sky saying?

[/quote]The interview I''ve just seen are saying that gambling in the east is not just restricted to results, they also bet on incidents and mistakes!.

Penalties have too many varibles, Ref, linesman may not even give it for starters or taker may miss, keeper major gaffs however![:S]

of course no ones considered it could just be a huge coincidence!

Derby had Carroll sent off.. some Punters thought, given Derbys Form, that we''d come back into it and laid on bets... Derby won with 10 men.. they lost money.... tough luck....

This could be the outcome... afterall if the bet was on city to win, then, dodgy or not, these punters have all lost haven''t they?

we still don''t know the details of the bets made.

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

of course no ones considered it could just be a huge coincidence!

Derby had Carroll sent off.. some Punters thought, given Derbys Form, that we''d come back into it and laid on bets... Derby won with 10 men.. they lost money.... tough luck....

This could be the outcome... afterall if the bet was on city to win, then, dodgy or not, these punters have all lost haven''t they?

we still don''t know the details of the bets made.

jas :)

[/quote]True concerning coincidence, but with the bets, on we8''s link to BetFred Forum so much money came on Norwich at half time we ended up odds on and it was saying bets were being placed on something significant happening in second half.

[quote user="roberts9"]

There is an interview with paul jewell on the bbc site about the events of today but i havent got speakers on my work pc!!

Can anyone let me know what he said.

Cheers

[/quote]

He said that early in the second half the Norwich board put everything they had on a home win, now we dont even have the pot to p**$ in.

Big point being missed here, when allegations like this come about in any sport - you''ll find it was people "LAYING" the bet not backing it.

The Far East would pay players (or jockeys) to lose a game - therefore they would have LAYED against Norwich winning probably when we''d equalised and Derby were down to 10 men as the odds would have swung in Norwich''s favour for the win (how little bookies know!!!).

Everyone following?   This is why the likes of BETFAIR and SPREADBET will be involved in the investigation as they allow peopl to LAY the odds.

Small racecourses used to get stung like that.  Somebody at a small meeting would lump a donkey, then the actual horse they wanted to back would have better odds in the bookies.

[quote user="Thirst Wizard"]''something significant happening in second half.''

Us winning a friggin match is significant enough
[/quote]

Yes significant not a miracle lol

I have to say that, not being a betting man, I don''t understand the difference between ''betting'' and ''laying'', but would the fact that the irregularities apparently happened BEFORE the penalty incident have any sway on who might be guilty (if anyone)?

[quote user="Scot-e-dog"]I have to say that, not being a betting man, I don''t understand the difference between ''betting'' and ''laying'', [/quote]If you say she''s "a good lay", means you''ve already been there.

If you say "she''s a good bet", means you''re hoping to! [:S]

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="Scot-e-dog"]I have to say that, not being a betting man, I don''t understand the difference between ''betting'' and ''laying'', [/quote]If you say she''s "a good lay", means you''ve already been there.

[/quote]

I bet you think you''re a good lay.....

[quote user="Thirst Wizard"]''something significant happening in second half.''[/quote]I bet if you look at the timings, the money was stacked on Derby to win as soon as we brought on Mark Fotheringham.That''s not match fixing, it''s just common sense.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

[/quote]I''m past all that Mello, the only lay I get these days is when I help arrdee to lay ''em out.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Our hens lay quite well at the moment but I bet when it gets cold they wont lay and our dog is laying in his bed in the porch and I will bet you when winter comes he will still be laying in his bed....[;)]....arrdee.

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Our hens lay quite well at the moment but I bet when it gets cold they wont lay and our dog is laying in his bed in the porch and I will bet you when winter comes he will still be laying in his bed....[;)]....arrdee.

[/quote]

Eggsellent! I''m nominating you for the the pulletzer prize......Beakclaws you deserve it..... [8-|]

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="arrdee"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Eggsellent! I''m nominating you for the the pulletzer prize......Beakclaws you deserve it..... [8-|]

[/quote]

Like it Mellow . I know you are only yolking because you really don''t give a pluck, all the breast you lovely old thigh....arrdee.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

[/quote]I''m past all that Mello, the only lay I get these days is when I help arrdee to lay ''em out.[/quote]

Of course there is also Point of Lay which is often harder to discern, I think.[:P]

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

[/quote]I''m past all that Mello, the only lay I get these days is when I help arrdee to lay ''em out.[/quote]

Of course there is also Point of Lay which is often harder to discern, I think.[:P]

[/quote]

No its not Cam , if you feel round the bum its quite easy , thats the point I am trying to make , I will lay you Iam right and please don''t egg me on....arrdee.

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No its not Cam , if you feel round the bum its quite easy , thats the point I am trying to make , I will lay you Iam right and please don''t egg me on....arrdee.

[/quote]

Love it [Y] [:D]