Sign in to follow this  
we8wba

Championship - Match Fixing

barnsley were 1-0 down at half time and won 4-1 with 10men

looks most obvious to me

but prob all a load of bull in any case

dave edwards scored for wales, i havnt mentioned him on the ched evans scored thread have i? keogh scored midweek didnt mention that! looking for the problems you are son, i''ll get the messages back blah blah going on about wolves! your the one who first mentioned them you plonker!

[quote user="we8wba"]dave edwards scored for wales, i havnt mentioned him on the ched evans scored thread have i? keogh scored midweek didnt mention that! looking for the problems you are son, i''ll get the messages back blah blah going on about wolves! your the one who first mentioned them you plonker![/quote]

if you dont like it when we''re irritated about you going on about wolves then here''s an idea....

GO TO A WOLVES MESSAGEBOARD![;)]It''s not difficult...

what makes it more intresting is you''d rather slate me than notice the fact your club could have been involved in a fixed match.

if you read the forum apprerently (i cant confirm as didnt witness it) alot of money went on to your match at half time.

now apperently if this was the game it would have backfired as derby eventually won the game! im not saying if it was this game that norwich are in any way connected but its intresting that the f.a are investigating the situation.

This all sounds extremely dodgy, and a bit worrying that a lot of people on that betfair forum seem to be suggesting it could well be the Norwich game.

I can''t understand why this is not at the top of the forum.  Looking at the betting patterns it seems allegedly that the opponents keeper got himself sent off to throw the match and reverse the half time score from an away win to a home win.  However he did not take into account how woeful the current Norwich squad is.  Even at home against a side down to 10 men and with a penalty he has given to us, Norwich manage to lose the match!

Was the Scotland match fixed to finish 0-0? Thats the only logical reason I can find for Iwelumo''s terrible missThat was quite astonishing, it was harder to miss than score frankly!!

[quote user="AndyJR"]Was the Scotland match fixed to finish 0-0? Thats the only logical reason I can find for Iwelumo''s terrible miss

That was quite astonishing, it was harder to miss than score frankly!!
[/quote]Straight out of the "Jamie lad" finishing school that one!

[quote user="we8wba"]

what makes it more intresting is you''d rather slate me than notice the fact your club could have been involved in a fixed match.

if you read the forum apprerently (i cant confirm as didnt witness it) alot of money went on to your match at half time. caroll gets sent off 50th min and pen is scored (looks dodgy if their is an alleged fixing)

now apperently if this was the game it would have backfired as derby eventually won the game! im not saying if it was this game that norwich are in any way connected but its intresting that the f.a are investigating the situation.

[/quote]

Carroll punched Lita in the face! I think that constitutes a penalty dont you?

[quote user="we8wba"]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_div_1/7665670.stm

and fans discussing it on forum

http://site.forum.betfair.com/jive3/betex/ThreadsFrameset.jsp?forumID=25&threadID=1699734

dodgy matches apperently out of

barnsely v doncaster

and

norwich v derby

[/quote]They also need to look at:Coventry v NorwichNowich v BlackpoolMK Dons v NorwichNorwich v QPRBarnsley v Norwich

Just shows how low we have sunk. Not the fact we are possibly involved in match fixing. It''s the fact we lost a match that the opposition and probably the referre were trying to let us win!!

Oh come on the whole of the opposition and the referee wouldnt have been fixing the match, it is normally just one (key) player.

And we havent sunk that low, did we not also lose the match that Grobelaar was trying to (allegedly) throw all those years ago? Not much change then really is it.

Funnily enough I posted this late last night on a different thread:what with the amount of betting money riding on games worldwide....http://footballisfixed.blogspot.com/It''s simple economics. Literally billions are bet on games around the world. That means that bookees and gambler stand to make or lose a lot of money if results go against them. Given that gambling in most parts of the world is one of the most corrupt industries in existence, why is it so hard to believe that people are trying to influence results? It stands to reason. Especially when there are so many ways of tipping the scales in your favour....Referees, linos, players.Football is dirty and I''m sure there are plenty of Grobelaars out there. In fact on the blog I mention, they have a penchant for slating Michael Owen on a regular basis. Perhaps its just a coincidence, but he certainly spends a lot of time moving in gambling circles and he''s not exactly the only player to do that.....

yeah right, loadsa punters bet on city to overturn a 1-0 deficit (with alleged insight that derby would be down to 10 men) they only had to look at the form guide to see city failed to score against 10 men qpr 10 days earlier!!! lol...imo, this is a load of punters with sour grapes cos their selections went down./,

"Traders for British firm Spreadex noticed "a massive movement at around

half-time". An expert, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said he

had "not seen anything like this in 10 years of working in the

industry" and expressed concern for "the integrity of the English game".In

the Asian gambling market it is common to place a handicap on one of

the teams. In this case the handicap made an enormous, unexplained

swing that would indicate a major on-field event when nothing of that

nature had occurred. However, later in the match a major on-field event

did occur.
After investigating what our source described as

"strange patterns" in betting, The Sunday Telegraph sent a document to

the FA and the Gambling Commission on Friday. An FA spokesman said: "We

will consider any evidence which is brought to our attention. We are

committed to thoroughly investigate any allegations of this nature."The

FA and the Gambling Commission do not have jurisdiction in the case of

overseas bookmakers but do have to uphold the integrity of the game.

The enormous financial power of the Asian gambling industry has long

been a concern to regulators in this country.The two

Philippines-based bookmakers on which the swing was detected are SBOBET

and IBCBET. There is no suggestion of impropriety on their part. Both

bookmakers declined to comment."

if any game is found to be fixed/have someone trying to fix it

doncaster 1-0 up vs 10 men barnsley half time

imagine odds on barnsley to over turn that at half time?

then win 4-1

[quote user="AndyJR"]Was the Scotland match fixed to finish 0-0? Thats the only logical reason I can find for Iwelumo''s terrible miss

That was quite astonishing, it was harder to miss than score frankly!!
[/quote]

[img]http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/45099000/jpg/_45099904_chris_pa.jpg[/img]

The look on his face sums it up perfectly!

From what Fingers has said the Norwich game looks to be the one to me. If the odds during half time were as he indicated then it''s got to be. Obviously if it was the one, the plan went wrong. As with any fixing tho it was always going to be far from guaranteeed. giving away a pen and having a player sent off would be enough to make Norwich strong favourites but not guaranteed to win. If it was the game the people betting on it forgot one important thing. Norwich are appalling.

From the betting forum, sad but true.