Sign in to follow this  
canary cherub

Derby Chairman stirs it up . . .

On R5 tonight Adam Pearson accused the two MPs of making the allegations public in order to discredit Norwich, because they have issues with the club. 

Where on earth did he get that from?  Is that what the Norwich board think, and they''ve communicated it to Derby? 

(Norwich "declined to comment" to R5 btw)

[quote user="Potless Percy "]

On R5 tonight Adam Pearson accused the two MPs of making the allegations public in order to discredit Norwich, because they have issues with the club. 

Where on earth did he get that from?  Is that what the Norwich board think, and they''ve communicated it to Derby? 

[/quote]

I''m not doubting what you heard Percy....perhaps you saw an extended interview but what I heard Pearson say was something different. In the interview I saw Pearson stated that this was two MP''s engaging in a matter for political purposes, a matter which he said was best left to the FA. He further stated he had spoken to officials at NCFC and they agreed with him. 

Doomie was on the scrimage tonight. He said he had heard nothing from the FA and thought if they thought something was amiss they would have contacted the club by now.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Potless Percy "]

[/quote]

I''m not doubting what you heard Percy....perhaps you saw an extended interview but what I heard Pearson say was something different. In the interview I saw Pearson stated that this was two MP''s engaging in a matter for political purposes, a matter which he said was best left to the FA. He further stated he had spoken to officials at NCFC and they agreed with him. 

[/quote]

I think it must have been a different interview as I didn''t hear him say anything about having spoken to Norwich.  As I understood it he alleged it was ''politics'' to do with the club not politics in general. 

The two MPs belong to different parties and therefore would not normally act together in politics in the wider sense, although it''s possible they suspected the FA would try to kick it into the long grass unless it was made public.  Ten days after the event the FA had apparently not contacted either club, so I suppose that could have prompted it.

I''m really puzzled by Pearson''s reaction, his accusations will sail over the head of anyone not directly involved and just make it look as though he''s got something to hide.  Whatever his personal view, a bland statement along the lines of "We welcome this investigation for the good of football and will cooperate fully" would have been far more sensible.

I''ve just heard this tw*t Pearson say on sky sports that "the two Norwich MPs should be concentrating on things closer to home, like the murders in their city !!!???!!".

With comments like that Pearson, I sincerely hope that it is YOUR club who have been upto no good here and that you get the book thrown at you.

I hope Roeder uses these comments in his team talk when we play them again in a fortnight !.

What a c***.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

I''ve just heard this tw*t Pearson say on sky sports that "the two Norwich MPs should be concentrating on things closer to home, like the murders in their city !!!???!!".

With comments like that Pearson, I sincerely hope that it is YOUR club who have been upto no good here and that you get the book thrown at you.

I hope Roeder uses these comments in his team talk when we play them again in a fortnight !.

What a c***.

[/quote]

Couldn''t believe it when i heard the prat say that, agree with you 100% GJL.The bloke is a tit!!

The Derby chairman is a complete pillock if he cant see that what the MP''s are doing is in the public interest, 25,000 fans enter the stadium paying good money to see a fair match  played, countless people listen on radio norfolk and the Derbyshire equivalent hoping their team wins. The MP''s have only asked for clarification on the situation, whats to hide?

It''s going to go on and on for both clubs involved in the supposed current rumour and allegations.......Opposition support will most likely ''take the rise'' whether we are guilty of anything rumoured - or, that the allegations are deemed totally unfounded......

Still, I now think that Delia''s ''with passion and exuberance'' "Let''s be ''avin you!" rant, now seems to be dying the death with other teams supporters.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

It''s going to go on and on for both clubs involved in the supposed current rumour and allegations.......Opposition support will most likely ''take the rise'' whether we are guilty of anything rumoured - or, that the allegations are deemed totally unfounded......

Still, I now think that Delia''s ''with passion and exuberance'' "Let''s be ''avin you!" rant, now seems to be dying the death with other teams supporters.

[/quote]

I can see what you mean about opposition supporters taking the rise, but at least we can pretend we lost because of betting rather than being crap.

On a serious note I''d rather lose a game fairly than win the match by the other team throwing it.

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

I can see what you mean about opposition supporters taking the rise, but at least we can pretend we lost because of betting rather than being crap.

On a serious note I''d rather lose a game fairly than win the match by the other team throwing it.

[/quote]What if the three points meant we weren''t relegated?

[quote user="Thirst Wizard"][quote user="Yellowbeagle"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What if the three points meant we weren''t relegated?
[/quote]

Sorry take relegation if that''s what it takes, otherwise might as well watch bloody american wrestling. What would be the point if it became all faked?

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Potless Percy "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Imagine that.  MPs tabling questions and then having their Press Officers ring everyone to make sure we all knew they had tabled questions.

Engaged in "political purposes"?  I simply will NOT believe that.

I don''t care what any of you say.  Would NEVER happen.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/football_league/article4958795.ece

Where is Big Ears when you need him.  Dinner with Mandelson?

Mobile ringing out.  "Your call is being diverted....hello and welcome to the * message service."

The Norwich City girl upstairs: "I tell you what Dad - I''ll have a tenner with you that he''ll be on the bandwagon by noon tomorrow."

I like the free bet thing but.......................

[:|]

On the other hand, it''s a neat way for a Chairman to divert attention away from suggestions that someone at his Club might have been involved in something untoward though.....just a thought....

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Potless Percy "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Imagine that.  MPs tabling questions and then having their Press Officers ring everyone to make sure we all knew they had tabled questions.

Engaged in "political purposes"?  I simply will NOT believe that.

I don''t care what any of you say.  Would NEVER happen.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/football_league/article4958795.ece

Where is Big Ears when you need him.  Dinner with Mandelson?

Mobile ringing out.  "Your call is being diverted....hello and welcome to the * message service."

The Norwich City girl upstairs: "I tell you what Dad - I''ll have a tenner with you that he''ll be on the bandwagon by noon tomorrow."

I like the free bet thing but.......................

[:|]

[/quote]

As you say, politicians seeking publicity plus ca change . . . but Pearson alleges they are trying to "score points against their local club"  There was another interview with him on R5 this morning and those were his exact words.  He''s said it twice now.

That''s a serious allegation and it can only have come from Carrow Road imo.  

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

Can the game go ahead if the investigation is still in progress?

[quote user="Potless Percy "][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Blimey that''s a good question, anyone out there with any ideas what would happen if we are still under investigation?

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Potless Percy "][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Blimey that''s a good question, anyone out there with any ideas what would happen if we are still under investigation?

[/quote]

Sure, I''ve got lots of ideas but, unfortunately, no knowledge.