Sign in to follow this  
canary cherub

Match Fixing - Norfolk MP to ask question in Parliament

This jumped up MP is just stiring things up, and if there is something to investegate then he should just let the FA deal with it.

Jumping the gun a bit, but if it is found that we had anything to do with this, Doncaster can personally write me a cheque out for my season ticket.

Just logging on to the bbc football website and all you can see is ''match fixing probe'' and our badge.....couldn''t believe my eyes when i first saw it.

[quote user="Hoolahoop"]

Jumping the gun a bit, but if it is found that we had anything to do with this, Doncaster can personally write me a cheque out for my season ticket.

Just logging on to the bbc football website and all you can see is ''match fixing probe'' and our badge.....couldn''t believe my eyes when i first saw it.

[/quote]

I feel the same, one one hand I can''t believe NC or any of it''s employees would do anything like this, on the other hand do we really know them as well as we like to think we do?

But let''s wait and see what the FA comes up with.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]I don''t know how much more I can take of this season, I''ve hit an all time low now after this [:(][/quote]

It just gets better and better,doesn''t it! Nice new avatar,by the way.....self portrait?[:P]

I''m not a well boy at the minute so could''ve thought typed more than I did!!! thats what''s worrying me jas, we all hope its derby coz if its any of our players I''ll be shocked,as we are not cheats, and either party would have a tarnished reputation for ever. bruce grobbelar (sp) anyone?

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]I don''t know how much more I can take of this season, I''ve hit an all time low now after this [:(][/quote]

It just gets better and better,doesn''t it! Nice new avatar,by the way.....self portrait?[:P]

[/quote]

lol thanks, and no not a self portait, Im not that kind of lady don''t ya know.  I only do pints when I''m thirsty [:)]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

hopefully this wont be edited.. as it isnt about individuals...

But has anyone considered what will happen if derby are NOT the guilty party in all of this????? as that would make us the ones in trouble...

Would we be deducted points? Fined? what would happen?

jas :)

[/quote]

Someone on the BBC 606 said that we could be relegated, but TBH personally I don''t know what would happen.

I can assure you the club being investigated is NOT Derby. A deliberate succesful attempt to lose the game is whats being investigated as reported by a select few stations, and to answer your question above..a very heafty fine and a deduction or a minimum of 30 points if the club is found to be guilty. So lets just hope. I knew money was very tight, but if they gone and done this just to top up their finances I for one will no longer associate myself with a bunch of cheats and will cut all ties to the club immediately.

theres no way the guilty party would be relegated in the middle of a season!

how would they work out fixtures etc, promotion/relegation from league 1.... there would be an uneven number of games to play as well....

the other teams in the division would be very angry... and that may also lead to 1 less promotion place to the premiership to compensate... meaning 1 top flight team would automatically stay up as only 2 would go down.. its too much of a headache for the league to sort out.

Steelsilver I find it all very upsetting, I have had just about as much as I can take right now.  I will do the same if it''s proved that something dodgy has been going on, cut my card up and stop going.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

theres no way the guilty party would be relegated in the middle of a season!

how would they work out fixtures etc, promotion/relegation from league 1.... there would be an uneven number of games to play as well....

the other teams in the division would be very angry... and that may also lead to 1 less promotion place to the premiership to compensate... meaning 1 top flight team would automatically stay up as only 2 would go down.. its too much of a headache for the league to sort out.

[/quote]

Google it Jas, lots of cases where clubs have been fined and relegated, stripped of titles etc.

Surely our lovely club can''t be involved, I am staggered.

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]one would have to assume that it is the losing team which would be involved as that is easier to do than make sure you win. I''m not sure what the point is of asking the question since it just whips up speculation when we need the team to focus on beating Bristol City.[/quote]Its nothin to do with home team losing. the bets were for the home team to win. County are the culprits here.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Someone on the BBC 606 said that we could be relegated[/quote]

We don''t need any help with that, we''re quite capable of doing it ourselves [:P]

[quote]could we be docked points?[/quote]If we have had any part of this we will be docked a considerable amount of points, 30-40ish would be my guess. The chances that the whole team is  involved however are slim and its likely to be a player or players of one of the teams and they will probably get a long suspension from the game.

Derby chairman on SSN just now saying he''d be surprised if there was any substance in this allegation.

The report went on to say that neither club has been contacted by the FA (and I imagine if they will then it will be a case of "Nothing wrong here, the home side were just woeful")

[quote user="Steelsilver"]I can assure you the club being investigated is NOT Derby. A deliberate succesful attempt to lose the game is whats being investigated as reported by a select few stations, and to answer your question above..a very heafty fine and a deduction or a minimum of 30 points if the club is found to be guilty. So lets just hope. I knew money was very tight, but if they gone and done this just to top up their finances I for one will no longer associate myself with a bunch of cheats and will cut all ties to the club immediately.[/quote]You cant assure anything so dont bother saying it.  Its all rumours and gossip at the moment.   If you knew something for sure, then we all would.

[quote user="Steelsilver"]I can assure you the club being investigated is NOT Derby. A deliberate succesful attempt to lose the game is whats being investigated as reported by a select few stations, and to answer your question above..a very heafty fine and a deduction or a minimum of 30 points if the club is found to be guilty. So lets just hope. I knew money was very tight, but if they gone and done this just to top up their finances I for one will no longer associate myself with a bunch of cheats and will cut all ties to the club immediately.[/quote]

Rubbish. Derby (or more accurately the Derby players) are just as much in the farm for this as us, if not more so given the events of the 2nd half.

As I posted earlier from the telegraph:

"Traders for British firm Spreadex noticed "a massive movement at around half-time". An expert, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said he had "not seen anything like this in 10 years of working in the industry" and expressed concern for "the integrity of the English game".

In the Asian gambling market it is common to place a handicap on one of the teams. In this case the handicap made an enormous, unexplained swing that would indicate a major on-field event when nothing of that nature had occurred. However, later in the match a major on-field event did occur."

Derby were winning at half time. For me for there to have been a big swing it must have been money going on us to win and not lose the game.

[quote user="Steelsilver"]I can assure you the club being investigated is NOT Derby. A deliberate succesful attempt to lose the game is whats being investigated as reported by a select few stations, and to answer your question above..a very heafty fine and a deduction or a minimum of 30 points if the club is found to be guilty. So lets just hope. I knew money was very tight, but if they gone and done this just to top up their finances I for one will no longer associate myself with a bunch of cheats and will cut all ties to the club immediately.[/quote]I think you need to follow we8''s post on match fixing it will take you to Betfred.

I take it everyone is chosing not to mention exactly what went on in the match in question, how it was lost and who the players involved were, through fear of libel? That would be understandable i guess. But I don''t see how the finger can be pointed at Derby here because match fixing by its very nature involves the losing team, who do so from a position of advantage, thus creating sufficient odds to make a return.

When i think about it, it makes me feel slightly sick.