Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

ruel fox v darren huckerby..

got to say hucks, but fox was some player and i will never forget that goal he scored against liverpool at home, i was right behind the goal and the liverpool goalkeepers face was like what the f*** 

[quote user="singing canary"]who was the best winger??[/quote]hucks was more consistent, foxy more explosive, disco more step-over, and barham- more balanced...for me, hucks in his prime takes alot of beating..,

Ruel wins in my book, joy to watch and played in a team who stuck together and knew where each other were on the pitch.............oh the memories..........

dale gordon, andy townesend, andy linighan, ian butterworth, mark bowen, now that was a quality team- i think they all played in the same team ,sorry if im wrong !!!!

Neither, Dale Gordon wins hands down but in answer to the question it has to be Foxy.

Yes Hucks was great player for the club and incredibly loyal but all accept for that one fateful season his football was played in the second tier.  Foxy terrorised defences in the top flight and Europe and whilst the game has indeed moved on a player of that quality would still shine.

RUUUUUEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLL

He did sound like a Binner though

[quote user="Bury Green"]

Neither, Dale Gordon wins hands down but in answer to the question it has to be Foxy.

Yes Hucks was great player for the club and incredibly loyal but all accept for that one fateful season his football was played in the second tier.  Foxy terrorised defences in the top flight and Europe and whilst the game has indeed moved on a player of that quality would still shine.

RUUUUUEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLL

He did sound like a Binner though

[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more with this post. Ruel over Hucks, but Gordon over them both!

Don''t want to, living in the past is so much nicer!

Seriously though, is it only me that thinks Eadie could have been better than Fox, Hucks and Disco Dale if not for the injuries?

what a question!!!! i''d love to have had players of their quality in the team together.. one on the left, one on the right.. we''d take some beating!

Ruel Fox was one of my heroes as a boy.... how he never got international honours is beyond me! He was eligible for England and when Turnip Taylor was picking dross like Tony Daley and Andy Sinton, Foxy would of taken England to USA 94 on his own!

With Beardo and Linekar up front think how dangerous England would of been!

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

what a question!!!! i''d love to have had players of their quality in the team together.. one on the left, one on the right.. we''d take some beating!

Ruel Fox was one of my heroes as a boy.... how he never got international honours is beyond me! He was eligible for England and when Turnip Taylor was picking dross like Tony Daley and Andy Sinton, Foxy would of taken England to USA 94 on his own!

[/quote]

Can you remember Keith O''neil? he was to bad when he played for us! I would lof loved to have seen fox and eadie together now that would for been exciting to watch.

[quote user="Have Heart"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Can you remember Keith O''neil? he was to bad when he played for us! I would lof loved to have seen fox and eadie together now that would for been exciting to watch.

[/quote]

Keith O''Neill was awful! he scored a fluke at Tranmere i seem to remember from near the halfway line.... not a great player.. but i think more due to laziness then lack of ability... He could of been half decent if his mind had been into it!

Keith O''Neil could have been a great player but I believe the amount of Guiness he drank took it''s toll - Then again they were the days of Hy''s when football players were football players and consumed vast quantities of booze during the week.  [:D]

[quote user="AndyJR"]Keith O''Neil could have been a great player but I believe the amount of Guiness he drank took it''s toll - Then again they were the days of Hy''s when football players were football players and consumed vast quantities of booze during the week.  [:D]
[/quote]

Keith O''Neill still does drink vast quantities of Guinness from what I''ve seen in Dublin.

Fox over Hucks   

Huckerby or Fox? I think Fox just shades it as he played every match for us in the top flight. Obviously Hucks played a fair number of games in the top flight, but most of them were at his other clubs, when he was at the peak of his powers.

[quote user="we8wba"]

ruel fox much better player

[/quote]

When did he play for Wolves?

Best winger ever Errol Crossan. Hucks never was a winger in the true sense, more of the Henry type striker drifting wide Fox mostly played on the wing and could cross the ball, then again he had someone to cross for.

[quote user="we8wba"]

ruel fox much better player

[/quote]

When did he play for Wolves?

Best winger ever Errol Crossan. Hucks never was a winger in the true sense, more of the Henry type striker drifting wide Fox mostly played on the wing and could cross the ball, then again he had someone to cross for.

[quote user="Houston Canary"] I shall be watching Mr. Huckerby tonight as San Jose visit the Dynamo![/quote]

How did he get on?

Fox for me, but he''s gone, let''s just get over it!!!

(Very much tongue in cheek)

How did he get on? - Hissing Sid

He played well enough but seemed frustrated at the lack of passes headed is way.  He was moved to central mid way through the second half and they scored soon after that.  He almost caught up to a bad pass by a defender, but it drew the goalie way out and left the other attacker with an open net.

Later on, during a break in play, my son waved his Norwich scarf when Huckerby was looking up, and he waved at my boy.  Then he went over to chat with some fans who were yelling at him.  As play resumed, he jogged off with a smile on his face.  What a classy guy!

Ruel for me every time [:D]

I would have to disagree with who said O''Neill was rubbish, he was mecurial, able to frustrate and amaze in equal measures but when he was on his top game he was quality.  Eadie had so much potential which didnt get realised due to injuries.  I wonder what would have happened if he hadnt got injured and had played for England at Le Tournoi (or however it was spelt)?